Does anyone even play Uprising in default?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
04/12/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Michael Chu
One other thing, if you're enjoying the dialogue between the heroes in Uprising:

You might have noticed this, but in the default mode (Reinhardt/Mercy/Torbjorn/Tracer), more conversations are added to the random pool as you win more matches.
Thanks for also giving all heroes lines pertaining to the threats they face, if you're responsible for that
One other thing, if you're enjoying the dialogue between the heroes in Uprising:

You might have noticed this, but in the default mode (Reinhardt/Mercy/Torbjorn/Tracer), more conversations are added to the random pool as you win more matches.

I wish some of the other characters had things to say for the "all heroes" mode. It'd give a lot of replay value to try lots of combinations to see if they have some hidden dialogue.
04/12/2017 10:05 AMPosted by starcraft111

I'd rather catch it on youtube or the wiki, because grinding in default mode sounds hella tedious

I believe that the wins you get in all heroes mode also count towards this, it's just that the lines are restricted to the story heroes.

I love that. Also I keep playing that one just because of Gabriel's voice lines. I really hope we get more of his pre-reaper speaking voice. It's too bad his blackwatch skin doesn't have that soft lovely voice.
At first I didn't like the idea of being limited to just four heroes, but I'm coming around for the simple fact that in the All Heroes version... well... people can pick whatever hero they want. It sounds great until you remember what the average OW player is like.

Then you wind up with a team like Roadhog, Genji, Symmetra, and Lucio.

gg
So, does the achievements unlock on both modes?
I like the default because I don't end up with a Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Genji three stack.

I'm enjoying this event & the lore! Please give us more we love it.
the all heroes is fun if you want to have custom teams like having the talon team (reaper, sombra and widow) the blackwatch team (pre-reaper, mccree and genji) or even the omnic team (orisa, zen and bastion) btw i know there are up to 4 people in the gamemode so the last person can be whatever maybe a healer
04/12/2017 08:53 AMPosted by WendyOfMarz
04/12/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Lucky44
I like being able to play whatever hero I want. That said, I'll probably still do the regular version a few times for the weekly crates and maybe the odd achievement (not sure about Expert/Legendary, but I'd like to get the one for making sure the payload stays above 80%)

see it great that they are letting us play what we want this time around. dont be discouraged im sure you can get expert AND legendary! the 80% one...hmmm that seems to be the kicker for a good number.

I managed to get the 80% expert one last night. Its pretty doable, but you really need someone solid with Tracer and someone solid with Rein. Mercy and Torb can afford to backseat a little, but I'm guessing this is no longer the case at legendary.

I swear, this is gotta be a rough event for anybody who doesn't main at least one of those four. Gotta find me a torb main for legendary.

I DID NOT NOTICE THIS.

But yes, I pretty much only play it in default just for the dialogue.
I love both tbh it's a different change of pace
04/12/2017 10:17 AMPosted by escampee
I like the default because I don't end up with a Hanzo, Widowmaker, and Genji three stack.

Had Hanzo, Widowmaker, Symmetra, and I played Winston. Managed to make it to the last room with the two Orisas and the two bastions. Widow died first to tank bastion, then hanzo died trying to rez widow, I got my shield over them and Symmetra died doing something, the shield broke and I blew up right before I could get hanzo up. So close.

oh !@#$ finna play it more now

That's pretty cool. I know there have been a few matches where I was playing tracer and Rein trolled me by telling me my shoes weren't laced up.
04/12/2017 08:56 AMPosted by bluemoon1987
Literally the only advice you can give is DO YOUR INTENDED JOB!

I've been absolutely amazed at how many people completely ignore this simple advice though - Reinhardts who don't know to charge the detonators away from the cart, Torbs who don't throw out armour packs, Mercy's who won't heal, etc.

I've have been noticing that too! it is really nice to see the Heros talking more and more. These events are really showing off the polish that you all put into the game. Keep it up!
04/12/2017 08:52 AMPosted by WarGoat
Almost nailed legendary yesterday in all heroes.
Ran out of time with the last Orisa :(

What composition you run? I've been pugging and...well the match making has made me appreciate comp quite a bit lol.

I wanna try to beat it with default on hardest difficult but it's almost impossible. Good challenge, reminds me of old WoW raid days.
I like the default mode. It seems quite well balanced and I am somewhat surprised that it's actually as difficult as it is on the higher settings. I was expecting it to be balanced in such a way that pretty much everyone can beat the highest setting pretty easily and feel good about themselves, as that is what a lot of games do these days. Maybe that's just me, but I'm gonna keep trying for quite a bit. Can even see myself going a few extra rounds once I've won on legendary (which isn't super easy in solo queue :D )

Thanks a lot for the hard work, I really love this mode and I really hope it stays after the event is done.
Another hope I have is for more events like this to be added with other heroes, maybe "Blackwatch Operations" or something along those lines, and keep it in the core game for everyone to enjoy! :)