Why do smurfs get so much hate?

Competitive Discussion
I don't tell anyone i am smurfing usually in plat and gold the players think they are doing well anyways so they do not realize they are getting carried but when i get called out for hacking i have to say i'm just a smurf then the hate in chat begins why? so tell me what do you guys have against smurfing i enjoy the game and like to play with my friends too!
Because it makes matches imbalanced and generally ruins the fun for half the players?
It's like playing a game of neighborhood baseball when you're 10 and then someone gets a 16-year older brother on their team and just hits homers every time he's up and throws faster than anyone when pitching.
04/14/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Zaximus
It's like playing a game of neighborhood baseball when you're 10 and then someone gets a 16-year older brother on their team and just hits homers every time he's up and throws faster than anyone when pitching.

Half the time it's like a NBA player joined a college basketball team, then scored for the other team so he could derank to bronze then the other half it's like the NBA player joined a middle school basketball team and dunked on a bunch of kids, then claimed that basketball is easy and there's no ELO hell.
What's not to hate about smurfs? People use smurfs for many reasons that ruin the experience for other players. Some do this to play with lesser skilled/experienced players which can ruin the balance. Some use smurfs as "practice" accounts and play comp with the qp mentality. Speaking of "pratice" account, many smurfs are also 1 trick pony accounts with names like widowmaker, torb, hanzo, sombra and refuse to switch off of whatever character they choose to 1 trick. Last but not least, some people use smurfs to take up multiple spots in the top 500 which screws over the chance of other skilled players possibly making into that rank. "Alt accounts"