Some of these PotG's..

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
It isn't just me, but some of these POTG's are just outright silly since last patch.

Literally just watched a reaper shoot twice from his shot gun and walk around for a bit. No kills. No spawn point capture. Just bang - bang.

I've had games where I've gotten a quadruple kill, and my POTG ends up being me killing one enemy nowhere near the point.

TLDR

Is there a bug with POTG? Seems like silly highlights are being presented.
It's happening to everyone. I can't say for sure whether it's intended or a bug though.
Highly Rated
I got a POTG hammering rein to death as torb.
Highly Rated
04/11/2017 08:14 AMPosted by Icejob
I got a POTG hammering rein to death as torb.

You deserved that one.
I got PotG with Hanzo where I barely killed 2 people with my dragon and then missed every single arrow against a tracer zipping around.

No clue how that got PotG lol but it was funny to watch and people were so mad
It really helps us if you happen to be able to capture video and post a link. I know not everyone can capture video, but if you can it is very much appreciated.
04/11/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
It really helps us if you happen to be able to capture video and post a link. I know not everyone can capture video, but if you can it is very much appreciated.

I believe it was reported on reddit that the potg system is bugged!
last night there was a play of game of D.Va just losing Mech then dieing.....Everyone was so confused lol
Well 99% of Mercy, Symmetra and Torbjorn PotGs are boring. The latter two especially can be them sometimes not actually doing anything themselves.
Once 5 enemies left on comp and a zen was left, his amazing potm was hitting 3 balls on our reinhardt sitting outside his spawn

Yeah, they are kinda messed up Jeff. At least on PS4 (the only one I can speak of).
Well, when I see it happen I'll post here on the forums :) thanks for the feedback

I will record some PotGs for you but I've noticed that there seems to be a huge bonus to end of game plays.

I have a few games where I have gotten 2+ environmental kills and a teammate getting a 3-4 kill with a graviton surge on Illios but the PotG ends up being Roadhog missing his hook and killing 2 people on the point while on Overtime for the win.

Almost like Overtime kills are weighted higher than regular or environmental kills.
I haven't noticed such extreme case of weird POTG, but I noticed that getting a MERCY POTG is just weird now.

Just the other day, a REAPER used his ultimate and wiped out 4 of my teammates. I revived all 4 of them back afterwards, but somehow he got the POTG despite my Mercy play outright cancelling it.

So yeah, something is wrong with the POTG. If I cancel Reaper's ultimate by reviving the people who died from it, then obviously it should not be a POTG for the Reaper.

I think that all these tweaks that were done for the POTG in order to stop Mercy from getting them all the time have now rendered Mercy absolutely impossible to get any. I don't recall the last time I saw a Mercy POTG to be honest.

On the other hand, Torbjorn POTGs are quite hilarious as always and quite often :D

It's kind of hard to do that, who records other people's POTGs to be honest?

POTG/Highlight has been messed up ever since Orisa update. Multi kills on the objective won't even be a highlight anymore. My highlight consists of me doing nothing significant. This problem happens more frequent in Comp.
04/11/2017 08:22 AMPosted by ZergyMonster

I will record some PotGs for you but I've noticed that there seems to be a huge bonus to end of game plays.

I have a few games where I have gotten 2+ environmental kills and a teammate getting a 3-4 kill with a graviton surge on Illios but the PotG ends up being Roadhog missing his hook and killing 2 people on the point while on Overtime for the win.

Almost like Overtime kills are weighted higher than regular or environmental kills.

+1, this. I am then grateful that most people don't actually know this, or they would practically DO NOTHING until the final 30 seconds, especially in comp matches.
Yeah, in general the POTG's are almost always at the end of a match and always are centered around the objective,

To list a few silly POTG's I've gotten...

Genji -> Route 66

team was getting destroyed, I pop a dragon blade as overtime starts and kill a lucio on the payload and get killed as we lose the game since my whole team was dead

Widowmaker -> Annubis

caping the first point to win the game their whole team was dead (except for hog who wasn't on point), my whole team is on point I kill the half health roadhog that missed a hook on our ana

Zarya -> Hanamura

Kill a hanzo as we're caping the first point after (5 out of 6 of their team is dead) to win the game and toss a graviton outside the point that captures no one
Jeff is in the forums right now !

I saw a potg where it was literally just genji killing two people while nano boosted. in that same game I got a quad kill with rien. :(

I have seen Orisa drop her ULT to get play.

I got a one man res and got Mercy play.

I have the Mercy play on my XBox account... Don't know if I can share that here, Papa Jeff. Maybe I can tweet it?
I'll admit I had a semi strange one were I activated molten shot up the enemies assaulting the control point in the middle of a phara barrage the game yelled triple kill for me but the feed showed the phara getting the final blows so by all logic she should have gotten it not me but I guess I got it either by being the one who did the most damage or because I KOed the enemy rein letting justice rain from above

Sure Jeff, but where do you want these posted so you can see them and how do you want them to be titled? Here or In the Bug Report section? Here will either get a bunch of clips that will fall off quickly or get annoying if there's a lot of posts made about PoTG.

Honestly, the cards got worse since the Oasis patch and the PoTG has been odd very recently.