Leavers and Throwers

Competitive Discussion
express your pain with me
Well, I OCCASIONALLY throw a match. Mostly after I get 5 games of idiot teammates that don't know meta if it hits them in the face. 5 dps? Yeah sure, I will go Rein then, since I can't do both.
Oh you !@#$s are all flanking, not using my shield. Well healer is out as well since you all spread out like female felines.
Oh great, a Hanzo, maybe he is good, buuuuut it doesn't matter since a teammate already is tilting before the match starts.
Oh look, a Master in Silver. No suspicious at all. And he play symmetra, on attack. Oh and the teleport is into an abyss.
Grouping up? What is that concept?
Oh there is what, 1 enemy on the point. Yep, he manages to survive and also kill all my teammates.
Oh look, a flanker. Would be nice if people LOOKED LEFT AND RIGHT.
Oh noobs, maybe they are good. And nope, rushing in and dying, with a healer that only pocket heals her buddy ROADHOG THE GIANT SELFHEALING MAORI.
To quote Mercy's new voiceline: "Why do I even bother".

Great job Blizzard.
I throw as soon as someone !@#$%es. Don't like how I'm playing Mercy? Fine. I'll go Hanzo. Don't like that? You get Sombra.

I'll switch off Mercy while I have ult. Reactions are priceless.
I've lost 3 games I was winning because of a leaver, just today. Sure feels great to see that SR keep tanking because I just need to git gud and buy these morons better internet.
04/14/2017 01:36 PMPosted by LawrencTider
Well, I OCCASIONALLY throw a match
Good to know I need to avoid you.
Well, I OCCASIONALLY throw a match. Mostly after I get 5 games of idiot teammates that don't know meta if it hits them in the face. 5 dps? Yeah sure, I will go Rein then, since I can't do both.
Oh you !@#$s are all flanking, not using my shield. Well healer is out as well since you all spread out like female felines.
Oh great, a Hanzo, maybe he is good, buuuuut it doesn't matter since a teammate already is tilting before the match starts.
Oh look, a Master in Silver. No suspicious at all. And he play symmetra, on attack. Oh and the teleport is into an abyss.
Grouping up? What is that concept?
Oh there is what, 1 enemy on the point. Yep, he manages to survive and also kill all my teammates.
Oh look, a flanker. Would be nice if people LOOKED LEFT AND RIGHT.
Oh noobs, maybe they are good. And nope, rushing in and dying, with a healer that only pocket heals her buddy ROADHOG THE GIANT SELFHEALING MAORI.
To quote Mercy's new voiceline: "Why do I even bother".

Great job Blizzard.

Well, you're gold..
I have proof of people throwing, and witnesses who claim they played with, and lost on purpose for no reason. Can I link my video proof to forums or what?
04/14/2017 07:00 PMPosted by NobleCrimson
I have proof of people throwing, and witnesses who claim they played with, and lost on purpose for no reason. Can I link my video proof to forums or what?

It's not something that is ban worthy or suspension worthy. Throwers are just there and there is nothing we can do about it.
I was playing Hanzo in competitive I know... But hear me out..I just killed all their supports and one of their tanks. Our team was still alive. Nobody had died..but the half the people in my team hated the fact I was using hanzo and did not even bother running to the objective.. Instead they're all waiting until I had died..and the enemy had capture point A....we lost the fight but I had 35 solo kills and the opposing team complimented on my skill. But my team still blames me for the lost... I guess my can do attitude and skills cannot beat the hanzo main hating trend and memes.
I was playing Hanzo in competitive I know... But hear me out..I just killed all their supports and one of their tanks. Our team was still alive. Nobody had died..but the half the people in my team hated the fact I was using hanzo and did not even bother running to the objective.. Instead they're all waiting until I had died..and the enemy had capture point A....we lost the fight but I had 35 solo kills and the opposing team complimented on my skill. But my team still blames me for the lost... I guess my can do attitude and skills cannot beat the hanzo main hating trend and memes.

I always give Hanzo's a chance, but hanzo mains who stubbornly WILL NOT switch when we NEED hitscan or some kind of counter for flankers get my hate. If you're a hanzo main but are willing to be flexible, go for it. But don't damn you're team to die repeatedly to a phara+mercy because you wanna play hanzo. (Sorry this sounds angry, I've had a LOT of stubborn !@# dps lately and skdfkjlsdfkj)
04/14/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Scully
Well, I OCCASIONALLY throw a match
Good to know I need to avoid you.

People like that is why I refuse to touch comp for the remainder of the season.

The whole "people throw so now I will too" mentality only further perpetuates the issue.
There is no situation where you should throw a match

Any attempt to rationalize your behavior as anything other than a coward !@#$ human is laughable and pathetic
I'll throw matches if I get bored, or just for the fun of it. I'm a pretty terrible person irl too tbh.

I don't play comp much though, just hit diamond for the competitive points for gold weapons. Hit masters once for even more, but it just felt like work so I wont be doing that again.
Well, for all those people who think leavers and throwers are bad....

I've seen the exact same amount of bad behavior at 2000 gold as I have at 1500 silver. The exact. Same. Amount. :P
Get throwers and leavers in Master too. It sucks. But it does happen to both sides. The last leaver was on the enemy team, but we were nice about it, apologized, and he got 11 reports against him.
Throwing originated because 'the bookies' or places where you make a bet; would bribe players in MLG tournaments to lose the game if they were favored.

The players don't mind, they will get paid more money than which they would have from the general prize pool.

Why this comes into lower ranked overwatch with no money involved however, is just stupid.

People that love to troll are the sort of people that will hack blizzard for attention; they're childish and their parents didn't slap them hard enough as kids when they told them to stop being a C!%&.

Furthermore, I reckon there must be times in the day where the throwers have gone past their bed time. So there may be times where you can catch better games because all the trolls might get burned by the sun.
04/17/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Voluer

I always give Hanzo's a chance, but hanzo mains who stubbornly WILL NOT switch when we NEED hitscan or some kind of counter for flankers get my hate. If you're a hanzo main but are willing to be flexible, go for it. But don't damn you're team to die repeatedly to a phara+mercy because you wanna play hanzo. (Sorry this sounds angry, I've had a LOT of stubborn !@# dps lately and skdfkjlsdfkj)

You got a point there...But whenever i play hanzo i'd always give an oppertunity for our tanks to turn back and help our healers by running behind enemy lines and agro the enemy tanks or killing their supports. I had done this many time and i scared myself that not many players do this.
You got a point there...But whenever i play hanzo i'd always give an oppertunity for our tanks to turn back and help our healers by running behind enemy lines and agro the enemy tanks or killing their supports. I had done this many time and i scared myself that not many players do this.

No, most players I run into become instantly offended when you even suggest that they may possibly need to do something different.. it's all just very very frustrating. OW Is all about teamwork and comp, and it baffles me how many people in diamond still don't understand that basic concept.
what a pack of unadulterated !@#$s