Hanzo Haters

Competitive Discussion
04/17/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Novum
04/17/2017 07:27 PMPosted by lonly

actually at lower tier when team failed to focus. Hanzo can land picks much faster than soldier or McCree. especially against hogs and tanks. Soldier has to properly keep his crosshair on a target for a full sec in order to kill. but hanzo doing peek and shoot can took out a target every 2-3 secs. so i would say it would depend on the situation. if the team is competent at focus fire, mccree and soldier are better. but if you have a team full of people that can't take out or finish wounded targets, a good hanzo is better.

Fair enough. But like you said that's at 'lower tier' a very small percent of the player base, the majority of people don't play at that tier, they play somewhere that's at a slightly higher skill level, where tactics, technical skill and game sense play a much bigger part and at that skill level, all the points I made above come into play, especially when picking team compositions. The higher you get, the less and less useful a Hanzo becomes overall. That's what this whole conversation is about, why do MOST people flame Hanzo, all I've done is give you the reasons WHY they do. Like I said I'm not saying don't pick him, play whoever you want to play, you bought the game, I'm not trying to argue, I'm just giving you the reasons why they do, and I think they're pretty valid points, like is what I'm saying not true in any way? Can you prove that what I'm saying isn't true for MOST of the player base other than in random scenarios in the lower tiers?

most of the lower tier i mean gold to mid plat, offense are not so organized like you claim. only difference is player ability to aim and dodge while able to counter certain heroes with other ones. Most of the people flame hanzo because the general conception that hanzo can't dps. Which is false. a good hanzo like a good soldier will do damage, but due to the long learning curves of his projectile weapon. there are more really bad hanzo out there. a bad soldier can still dps, but they won't shoot pharah, they have a lot of problems killing a descent genji, or tracer. but no one flames them for not killing pharah, or other flankers because 76's gun keeps firing just like mccree's pistol. but overall effect is same as a bad hanzo -- you can't get a pick, while feeding opponent's healer's ult meter, something that is even worse than a hanzo that don't score hits. which why i am counting that most people's perception of a bad hanzo applies to all dps. and flaming out on hanzo is unwarranted.
Hanzo is just one of heroes with high skill cap before he's good. I mained hanzo and I think I was pretty ok with it. Anyway yes, you'll meet some criticism around the start of the match but just tell your team mates that you'll swap if this doesn't work (and don't actually forget to do that if it's the case) and, in most cases, they'll settle down and let you try.

Just currently it's more efficient to take something less skill dependent like Pharra or Gundad76 and teammates prefer to see these characters as fail-rate with them is lower statistic wise.

So basically speak out to them, they just want to win just like anyone else.
If you take a player with a good aim skill (like myself 7 years of counter strike)
and let him play soldier and hanzo he will kill much more as a soldier. Even if you turn an aimbot on with both characters you will be much more useful as a soldier because you can heal, do much more consistent damage and one shot enemies with rockets. Hanzo is a useless character and people pick him only because he "looks cool".
04/18/2017 12:58 AMPosted by Hypnoso
If you take a player with a good aim skill (like myself 7 years of counter strike)
and let him play soldier and hanzo he will kill much more as a soldier. Even if you turn an aimbot on with both characters you will be much more useful as a soldier because you can heal, do much more consistent damage and one shot enemies with rockets. Hanzo is a useless character and people pick him only because he "looks cool".

hanzo and mccree have headshot potential that a soldier just doesnt have. sight arrow is useful for keeping an eye on certain paths, allowing for warnings to your team, and scatter arrows can be much more effective than a helix rocket in the right circumstances (tight hallways, getting someone low hp whos trying to escape) a hanzo that can consistently get headshots has the same utility as a mccree in comparison to soldier, with better positioning because of the wall climb and an ult that doesnt temporarily cripple the hanzo while pushing people off the point (unlike Mccree's easily countered firefly extravaganza)
04/17/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Poytheon
I'll stop complaining about Hanzo when Scatter arrow has a longer cooldown than Flashbang. Scatter can 1 shot 90% of the cast on a 10 second cooldown whether you're in the wide open or especially in a closed room (multiple kills sometimes), meanwhile Flashbang works half the time in a miniscule area, stuns for .7 seconds and guarantees nothing, also on a 10 second cooldown

I don't really know how to respond to that ":D But tq for your opinion makes me think.
04/17/2017 03:08 PMPosted by Novum
I think there's a few reasons why a lot of people hate Hanzo, some are relatively justified, but there are a lot of 'bandwagon' players that just hate him because everyone else does. Don't get me wrong I've played with great Hanzo's that have definitely made a big impact on our game, but there's definitely a time to swap off.

These are a few reasons why I think people dislike Hanzo:

*People feel cheated when they're killed by a Hanzo. I kind of agree with this, like yea for sure there's some skill to playing him, but a lot of the time it feels like it was a lucky skill-less shot that killed you. His arrows are the size of trucks and seem to hit some really impossible shots sometimes that makes you feel like you really shouldn't have died. No one likes dying in this game but people dislike dying even more when they feel like they've been cheated out of it.

*He has low DPS. Sure his arrows to a lot of damage to single players, but he's next to useless in any shield battle, he just doesn't have the output that a Soldier or even a Pharah and Tracer has in those situations. Seeing as there's a Rein in almost every game, especially in Comp, it's understandable that people would prefer one of those characters over a Hanzo.

*People prefer Widow as sniper over a Hanzo. Don't know why that is, just seems to be the general feeling from a lot of people.

*A lot of the time Hanzo's REFUSE to change. This really does seem to be an issue with certain types of players and I really don't get it, people who main Junkrat seem to have the same issue. Don't get me wrong I don't hate Junk either, there's definitely a time and place for him, but if you're getting countered, or you're just not what the team needs at that time, nothing is going to piss them off more than when a DPS slot is being filled up by a Hanzo or Junk that refuses to switch off.

You got a point there....so both sides are having a tough time.
04/17/2017 03:20 PMPosted by Faking
The thing that most Hanzo's don't realise is how difficult they make it for the rest of the team. When I'm soldier it is so much easier when I have a genji, tracer or pharah on the team than a hanzo. The opposing team ignore the hanzo most of the time so it's 5 on 6 when they attack us which means 20% more damage incoming for me. He doesn't help me chip away at anybody. He doesn't create space for me to work in.

Those are some of the reasons that hanzo is near the bottom of win rates by hero on overbuff.com. When there is a hanzo on the team it is just so much more difficult to win. Same goes for widow.

You mention nobody really focused the Hanzo and i can say that is true but i don't see that as disadvantage whenever i am ignored i would usually scurry around in a corner out of their vision and pick them off one by one and my team would have a lot easier time. I know not everyone thinks like i do so i can also see the down side here. To put it simple if they're a good hanzo you're going to be fine. If they're bad....yeah...
04/17/2017 03:37 PMPosted by PIGUNIT
Almost guarantee a loss with Hanzo on the team.

You just need to meet the right Hanzo player my friend :)

04/17/2017 04:01 PMPosted by PIGUNIT
The only point that is proven is that Hanzo has one of the lowest win rates in the game for a reason.

I don't know about you but i focus more on the current match result that i am playing rather then the stats provided by other hanzo players. xD

04/17/2017 07:48 PMPosted by MSC
What I hate about Hanzo players is that when they're not getting those picks, they NEVER switch. And if they do, it's a widowmaker. Then still not getting the picks.

That is simple because that person is a sniper main :) so dont hate hanzo lol
04/18/2017 12:58 AMPosted by Hypnoso

You need to factor in the fact that in some cases soldier cannot sneak or get into a good position unless he has a wall climb ability. Think of it as a human genji with a shotgun. Who wouldn't that ?
you are 1600 and think you are extremely good, i'm @3800 and i think i play like !@#$. hmmmmm
When I see a Hanzo, a Widow or a McCree pick, I worry. I worry because they require skill most players don't have. But, I think it's wrong to actually say anything unless and until the person is doing badly. The appropriate thing to do is to be supportive until they prove you wrong.

If they're a selfish player, it won't matter what you say and all you'll do is upset your team by slamming the guy. On the other hand, if you start your match with people getting along as best as you can, your chance for success goes up in many instances. The toxic player due to Hanzo could actually do more harm than a bad Hanzo.
Like others have said, the key to being a good Hanzo (other than skill) is knowing when to switch. If your aim is off or you're being smothered by Winston's sausage, then you need to switch.

I love playing Hanzo and welcome a competent Hanzo to my team with open arms.