Mei is completely Broken now! when is the fix?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 22 Next
We've identified that cause of the bug and have a fix for it internally. We'll get it out to you guys as soon as we can, sorry about that.
Highly Rated
04/12/2017 11:22 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
We've identified that cause of the bug and have a fix for it internally. We'll get it out to you guys as soon as we can, sorry about that.

Thanks Geoff!
Thank for response! We rely on you Geon-- ah, Geoff.

Hey buddy. I respect you.

Thank you Geoff,

My life was becoming Ultra Spiritual with that bug, and that's opposite to Mei's paths life.
Oh mei god, What a relief, thanks Geoff!
I just got to the practice range. The bots do not slow down at all there. This is a really nasty bug. Fix is ASAP please.
What about Genji?

*cough*

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! But can you please Fix Her Ult that the way its intended to work? Not refund us?

Let's hope that "as soon as we can" isn't the next major patch, it's bad enough waiting for major patches every time a massive nerf or bug breaks things as it is. Let's also hope it's an actual fix, and not even more band-aids or bugs introduced, this is why you guys need actual QA testing rather than a just for show PTR that you refuse to accept feedback on.
04/12/2017 11:28 AMPosted by Criscal
I just got to the practice range. The bots do not slow down at all there. This is a really nasty bug. Fix is ASAP please.

Practice range is busted. Even Zarya's graviton surge doesn't affect bots. Shooting bots can respawn pointing at the wrong direction.

But isn't this just an example of "favor the shooter", where the shot that killed Mei hadn't registered until after the animation began, so the ULT cancelled?

Timeout, which bug? The one where her gun no longer slows or her ultimate not slowing, or her ultimate disappearing after death?

All three would be great :-)

04/12/2017 11:46 AMPosted by BauerPower24
But isn't this just an example of "favor the shooter", where the shot that killed Mei hadn't registered until after the animation began, so the ULT cancelled?

Then why does it eat your ultimate charge? It has to be one or the other. Either your ULT is thrown out and it activates, or you don't blow your charge for no reason.

Hurry. You have till night fall. Its working its way up to my heart.

I want my ult fixed..... thank you very post tho. Ill put down my bleach i was gonna drink.

PWEASE FIX HER ULt. go the full way. a corn bush that is cut in half will only grow to the size of my chwed catipillar leafe collection. PWEASE

Thanks! Just curious, will this be more of a hotfix or will we be waiting at least until the next all around patch? Asking as a console player.
04/12/2017 10:52 AMPosted by Alpha
ohh nooo an ult that had zero counter got a counter=unplayable

Zero counter?
Let's see...
  • Genji dashes out of it
  • Mc Cree can sometimes roll out of it
  • Pharah can rocket boost or concussion blast out of it
  • Reaper can wraith form out of it
  • Soldier can run out of it
  • Sombra can teleport out of it
  • Tracer can blink or recall out of it

• Junkrat can mine himself out of it
  • Mei can just cryo-freeze it out
  • Widowmaker can grapple out of it

• Dva can fly out of it or just eat it with defense matrix
  • Orisa can fortify and walk out of it
  • Reinhardt can charge out of it
  • Winston can jump out of it
  • Zarya can bubble herself and a teammate out of it

• Lucio can just speed boost the whole team out of it
  • Mercy can guardian angel or res out of it
  • Zenyatta can negate the whole ult with transcendence

So with 75% of the whole hero cast having something to mitigate the effect of her ult, some of them even for teammembers or the whole team, there's a good chance that a lot of enemies just get out for free, even if you place it perfectly.
And this is even without the current slowdown bug.
I wouldn't exactly call this a zero counter ultimate.

If you find another ultimate in the game that is as easily countered by the majority of the heros, you get a cookie. Last time I checked there were usually only a handful of counters to each ultimate in the game, which kind of preserves the whole point of counter picking wisely by incorporating the whole team comp.
We've identified that cause of the bug and have a fix for it internally. We'll get it out to you guys as soon as we can science the heck out of it, sorry about that.