Taimou on Mercy Mains

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 15 Next
Skill in FPS games can essentially be boiled down to two things: (1) aim, and (2) positioning. Aim is not actually more important than positioning, IMO.

Mercy is simply a hero that requires very little aim to be effective with, but requires extremely good positioning.

Someone who reaches top 500 with Mercy may very well not have great aiming skill, but it is quite clear they have exceptional positioning. So they are still very skilled players.
It certainly requires less mechanical skill and practice, but probably more gamesense and timing than most heroes, save for perhaps Winston.
>Plays Roadhog
>talks !@#$ about any hero at all
k
I can kick that nerd's @ss.
04/10/2017 04:02 PMPosted by InsertTag
Anyone who gets to Top 500 deserves that rank

Debatable

Coughbrazilian6stackvsgoldsCough
04/10/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Luci
'If you got to Top 500 by playing Mercy... you're still !@#$ing %^-* at the game, okay? You do -not- deserve that rank.'

(warning- profanity)
https://clips.twitch.tv/SnappyHorribleGoshawkDAESuppy

Thoughts on this, guys?

why would i care what a hog main says?
04/10/2017 05:43 PMPosted by Ace13
'If you got to Top 500 by playing Mercy... you're still !@#$ing %^-* at the game, okay? You do -not- deserve that rank.'

(warning- profanity)

Thoughts on this, guys?

why would i care what a hog main says?
He's a Mccree main dude
isnt he a racist sexual harasser

who cares what he thinks really
Many People bad mouthing Taimou when you guys can't do anything than sitting in front of computer

While he won the tournament and get the real prize with EnvyUS
Mercy is hard as !@#$ to play, it requires you to stay alive in a game where you're fish food to everyone.
04/10/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Bloggerman
I have no idea who he is and why I even should car what he is saying.
Top 500 or not, he's just a gamer like any other person.

*sigh*
Fine. People like him wouldn't probably be high ranked if it wasn't for a Mercy. Ana is great and all, but Mercy's rezzes are truly game changing.

What even is this arrogance lmao. "He wouldn't be Top 500 without Mercy players" like what kind of paint chips did you eat
who?
I dont see the big deal, like who cares how they got there, they still made it into top 500.
I know some chars are a lot more common in top 500 and there are carry chars but still, they got there.
04/10/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Shaginus
Many People bad mouthing Taimou when you guys can't do anything than sitting in front of computer

Because winning a videogame tournament is equal to winning a F1 championship... So jealous of such a successful person... ^^U
He's more anal that Genji in Mercy's !@#.

(warning- profanity)

Thoughts on this, guys?

I agree and disagree

If all you play is mercy, your probably not good at anything other then Mercy.

That's not to say your not good at the game, is the center of a football team "Not good at the game" because his position isn't very valuable? I mean in reality the quarter back could just say "hike" like we do in street football nothing gained nothing lost.

Now, technically your not good at this game (an fps) you could literally play Mercy with just your keyboard and binding her skills to other buttons.

You don't even need a mouse the main aiming mechanic of any FPS game.

I'm just saiya-jin. That doesn't automatically make you bad, but everyone around you is probably better.

yes, even the lucio main...sorry mercy
And Ster says "There are people who are good... Then there's people who play roadhog."
04/10/2017 06:31 PMPosted by Lusbelle
04/10/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Shaginus

Because winning a videogame tournament is equal to winning a F1 championship... So jealous of such a successful person... ^^U

Wasn't the prize like 100k? or was that a different tournament, i don't know about you, but i think that's a lot of money even if they share it.
...Isn't theoretically Lucio the easiest support hero to play with?
He heals over time, heals automatically teammates nearby, Boop enemy's that are too close away, ride on the walls and speed boost everyone in the team.

I think you should give Mercy a try in comp.

Lucio has to aim and he was just balanced to increase his skill floor even more. He still requires more mechanical skill and instinct to play than Mercy.

Coming from someone with way, way more hours on Lucio than you have, and in general, mechanical skill is far, far from the end all be all.

In regards to your earlier statement regarding Zen, Ana, and even your statement regarding Lucio, there's minor bits of truth to it. They may be harder to play at lower ranks because it's harder to tell when to use their ultimate, and there's some more mechanical skill (landing shots), or seemingly overwhelming game-sense requirements to be good with them (who do I discord, when should I speed boost, when do I use Bio-nade?) and with Mercy at low ranks, it's basically who should you attach the idiot leash (heal beam) to.

That 60 HPS against players and teams who have trouble focus firing, dealing with barriers etc can be a lot to deal with. But at higher ranks, the game changes because Mercy is the only healer who cannot defend herself while still healing. Zen can push out a whopping 300 DPS over 2 seconds if his target is discorded. Ana has her bio-nade (do I need to explain this?) and the strongest CC in the game, Lucio has, well, everyone by now has seen Stanky juke players and the like. All Mercy can effectively do is fly to another teammate who is hopefully in LoS.

When you're dealing with players with great aim, moving further away from them in a straight line, Mercy becomes an easy target if she can't actually move away.

Again, none of the healers are easy, but they all have methods of supporting their team while defending themselves without being reliant on their team, except Mercy.
04/10/2017 06:40 PMPosted by Skye
04/10/2017 06:31 PMPosted by Lusbelle

Wasn't the prize like 100k? or was that a different tournament, i don't know about you, but i think that's a lot of money even if they share it.

Yeah... no, it is not, a surgery nets me more than that... and I am far from getting millions like a professional F1 racer, even on a !@#$ team.

If they do share, it is less than 20k per head, and that is quite honestly, pocket change for anyone with a decent job/career.