How Do You Feel About McCree?

General Discussion
I hear everything between his kit isn't good to "he's fine git gud and hit all headshots".. which do you believe?
At least his ult needs to be reworked, it's the worst ult in the game by far.
His entire kit is unforgiving. His flashbang is broken in many ways, His combat roll is underwhelming and his Ult is by far the most useless in the game.

The only good quality he has is his gun, popping shots is satisfying and rewarding...but only at the right range.
I don't think it's unfair to say he's lackluster compared to Soldier right now.
Whether that will still be true when/if Soldier's damage gets toned down, I don't know.

I think his primary fire is fine though. You can't really give him any more damage without making him broken. He already kills 200 HP heroes in one headshot+one bodyshot. Two bodyshots or one headshot would be too powerful.

If he does get tweaking I'd say Flashbang and/or Fan the Hammer are what they need to look at.
Inconsistencies. Bad cooldowns. Bad ult mobility and delayed ult commitment to firing (second delay) in addition to glow and position giving voice line.

But, as always...

Good, bad or ugly, still loyal to McCree.
As a McCree main I think that McCree should get some more mobility options other than his combat roll
Not as strong as Soldier, but still a power house. High skill requirement that most players can't get enough reward from.
I dont think he's that bad, but i wish his bullets are a bit larger, they're smallers than widowmaker's bullets
04/14/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Furappi
I dont think he's that bad, but i wish his bullets are a bit larger, they're smallers than widowmaker's bullets
I think hitscan all have the same size "bullets". I believe it's determined by shooting the enemy hero's hitbox and nothing else, while projectiles have their own hit boxes that need to come into contact with a hero's hitbox.
I think McCree is honestly fine. The problem we're seeing is power creep. Soldier and Pharah have been buffed since release, leaving Reaper and McCree slightly behind.
I'd prefer to stop power creep, rather than encourage it.
04/14/2017 07:58 PMPosted by Dreadnought
Inconsistencies. Bad cooldowns. Bad ult mobility and delayed ult commitment to firing (second delay) in addition to glow and position giving voice line.

But, as always...

All ults have a position giving voice line and glow
04/14/2017 08:23 PMPosted by mrsleep
04/14/2017 07:58 PMPosted by Dreadnought

But, as always...

All ults have a position giving voice line and glow

Yeah but no other ults shout "HERE I AM IDIOTS! KILL ME!" Like deadeye does.
It's a cool, but poorly implemented ult.

I feel like Mccree just needs a few tweaks to each of his abilities to make his surviveability better. His damage is fine.
04/14/2017 08:05 PMPosted by Auby
Not as strong as Soldier, but still a power house. High skill requirement that most players can't get enough reward from.

How do you figure he's "a power house"? Is it because his left click does significant damage? Because that's his only saving grace. If McCree only did 60 damage a shot would he still be a power house to you? I doubt it. Because then he would have to rely more on his kit and you would then see the holes in it. Because as of now peoples perception of McCree is "if you have godlike aim he's good" and if you don't he's trash. No character aside from snipers should be 90% aim and 10% abilities.
04/14/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Poytheon
04/14/2017 08:05 PMPosted by Auby

How do you figure he's "a power house"? Is it because his left click does significant damage? Because that's his only saving grace. If McCree only did 60 damage a shot would he still be a power house to you? I doubt it. Because then he would have to rely more on his kit and you would then see the holes in it. Because as of now peoples perception of McCree is "if you have godlike aim he's good" and if you don't he's trash. No character aside from snipers should be 90% aim and 10% abilities.
I've been playing against a lot of top 500 McCree players lately, and they're scary man. He's a power house because he can do crazy amounts of damage and flashbang can insta-gib people. He can be in a position where he can protect his supports if needed.

I would not mind him getting a rework though, so players that don't have god level mechanics can get more reward from playing him.