Season 5 needs a SR reset

Competitive Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Highly Rated
Streak system made everything in S1 to S4 all over the places, now they removed the streak system (most of it), there should be a SR reset
If streak was also being considered in the MMR formula (which it is still remain mysterious), blizzard should recalculate MMR for everyone as if there is no streak for placement matches after the SR reset

edit: seems people don't understand the point of doing this, the point to to eliminate the flaws in the pass seasons. the effect of streaks have accumulated for seasons (I am not even talking about the lower SR gain for support mains), blizz needs to get rid of these flaw by providing a clean refresh without de/inflating from streaks
Resetting everyone's sr history is a terrible idea. Would you like to play against GM players in gold?
04/17/2017 09:28 AMPosted by SilentKiller
Resetting everyone's sr history is a terrible idea. Would you like to play against GM players in gold?
that's why you have MMR, there would be people have in higher rank have same MMR as lower rank players, you match them with MMR, just like the start of S2
Even with MMR staying the same still seems unfair. GM players would be playing against other GM players but at really low SR? No GM player wants to climb all the way back up to GM from gold or something. Same goes with anyone who worked hard to climb up to their rank. Just because it seems impossible to climb out of bronze/silver/gold doesnt warrant an SR reset. It's incredibly unfair to everyone who has climbed, and it will probably result in a lot of the bronze/silver players claiming that they're better than their rank, still being slid down to bronze/silver because they aren't.

It would be temporary, and it would be a great way to test the system. If things work as blizz say they should be back in GM in no time.
If not, the system is broken and Blizz can learn from it and tweak what is needed.

Right now, it is a mess.
Reset is the way to go. I dont give a flying f about GMs that have to play against lowers because if they are good they will climb back up. But this levels the playing field fair amongst all other players.

What if your first 2 seasons were bad and now you put in 1000 hours and you simply rock on a few toons. Now you get punished for startin bad as all players do when they start. Except the guys that have 10 years of CS:GO experience.

a reset would be best for all players that actually want to play overwatch

That wouldn't be a problem for him. He believes GMs are just silver guys that went on a lucky streak.
How did they do it in the first season? Was there some sort fo pre season game sessions there too to determine where you should be placed?
04/17/2017 10:15 AMPosted by SorryBruh
Reset is the way to go. I dont give a flying f about GMs that have to play against lowers because if they are good they will climb back up. But this levels the playing field fair amongst all other players.

What if your first 2 seasons were bad and now you put in 1000 hours and you simply rock on a few toons. Now you get punished for startin bad as all players do when they start. Except the guys that have 10 years of CS:GO experience.

a reset would be best for all players that actually want to play overwatch

They are never going to do an SR reset. Why would they?
1. It is completely unfair to anyone who has ever climbed to a higher rank in competitive, which is a pretty large portion of people I would guess.
2. If MMR doesn't get reset too then it would result in completely unbalanced games where people are playing with people way better than them, or vice versa.
3. If MMR does get reset it seems pointless to put a bunch of diamonds/masters/GM players in gold or below, then have them all climb up again playing against other diamond/master/GM players.
4. All the low rank players that are in bronze/silver claiming they are better than their rank are still going to be disappointed because they will still be unable to climb out of their rank, even with an SR reset that happens to place you in gold. This is because you are where you are because you belong there.

There's no problem. GMs are just silver guys that went on a lucky streak, y'know.

Lol okay bud.
Nice to see even basic irony can't be understood well on these forums. I've edited my message to avoid other whooshes.
they must be sell personal carreer reset thing. if u dont like your placement you can buy it for 5-10 euros and start from beginning placement matches.
Even GM players want SR Resets.
Mainly because you can accumulate SR every season.
This is why you here high octane players ranting about how only season 2 rank matters. Because season 3 and 4 is inflated SR. Just do resets every two seasons, people who deserve a rank will get to that rank. I don't think the problem of GMs/Top500 playing against lower ELO will be much of a problem, most of the really good players will be back on top after a week or so.
So I guess no matter how good I get I won't ever get to a higher rank huh... I don't know if this is selfish or maybe blizzard just cannot do it right now. But I started playing overwatch after season 1 ended and my season 2 rank how should I put this...mediocre? I got silver rank... But overtime I improved greatly and manage to get my rank higher and higher each season. By the end of season 2 I got into gold.I was excited about the next season. A fresh start I could do better and get a higher rank and have higher rewards. I had won 6 out of 10, of my placement matches 2 more then season 2 but I had been placed at a lower rank then season 2 I was confused. Does the system calculate skill or wins? Not that it matter cause I had improve in both categories....That aside I continued on, feeling bitter about my rank but I managed to win enough to gain platinum in the middle of season 3 and was nearly about to reach diamond when the update happen.I kept getting placed with newbies level no higher then 50 and they had not even receive their ranks for the season. While the other team outnumbered us in platinum players. Then I started snowballing back and forth until I fell back to below 2k. At the end of season 3. Now that season 4 is up I tried harder. I can survive a fight 1 Hanzo v 3 reinhardt/roadhog/D.va but the team I am playing with could not even touch the objective. My current rank in season 4 is around 1.5k. I do not Main any hero. Quite literally a jack of all trades. Just to adapt to the team and raise my rank back up. To no avail. There are too many trolls/quiters/ griefers/ throwers /abusive players. If I could pick a main it would be Hanzo. No matter what the team says if I could stand alone on an objective and kill 1v6 I am not the one who needs to change right? I mean I stand on the payload fighting a roadhog while the Reinhardt just ups and leaves because he just hate hanzo players.

Well what I really want to say it...could blizzard reset ranks of players who ask for it? Like I want a reset. So don't messed up the other guys. Give a guy down in silver or bronze a chance to get back up. Sometimes they're just great players who just stuck with matchmaking errors.
To be honest, unless you are a support main, you won't have a problem rising back up, because you can and will carry if you are above the team by a lot.. But if you are support main, maybe you will suffer because your fate depends totally on luck. Your teammate could be all bronze or all GMs.
04/17/2017 11:22 AMPosted by IrVayne33
Well what I really want to say it...could blizzard reset ranks of players who ask for it? Like I want a reset. So don't messed up the other guys. Give a guy down in silver or bronze a chance to get back up. Sometimes they're just great players who just stuck with matchmaking errors.

This is still unfair to people. Say a bronze player wants a reset because he is so sure that he is better than bronze, but he actually isn't. He gets placed in high gold, and is now going to ruin every game he's in until hes back to bronze because he isn't a gold player, hes a bronze player. That sucks for everyone that gets placed with that player on their team.
04/17/2017 11:30 AMPosted by SilentKiller
04/17/2017 11:22 AMPosted by IrVayne33

This is still unfair to people. Say a bronze player wants a reset because he is so sure that he is better than bronze, but he actually isn't. He gets placed in high gold, and is now going to ruin every game he's in until hes back to bronze because he isn't a gold player, hes a bronze player. That sucks for everyone that gets placed with that player on their team.
the MMR is actually a measure that determines where the system thinks where you should be, so we does not necessarily need to place everyone in gold and plat, what I am trying to say is use MMR(assume this doesn't get de/inflated by streak) to place people instead of SR, which is flawed and de/inflated as hell, in the next season
04/17/2017 10:27 AMPosted by SilentKiller

They are never going to do an SR reset. Why would they?
1. It is completely unfair to anyone who has ever climbed to a higher rank in competitive, which is a pretty large portion of people I would guess.
2. If MMR doesn't get reset too then it would result in completely unbalanced games where people are playing with people way better than them, or vice versa.
3. If MMR does get reset it seems pointless to put a bunch of diamonds/masters/GM players in gold or below, then have them all climb up again playing against other diamond/master/GM players.
4. All the low rank players that are in bronze/silver claiming they are better than their rank are still going to be disappointed because they will still be unable to climb out of their rank, even with an SR reset that happens to place you in gold. This is because you are where you are because you belong there.

Nonsense, if the system works they will climb up again easily, and many of them even make new accounts on purpose just so they can climb again. This is a non issue.

MMR should get reset

That is the point, a reset would show if this indeed happens or not.
I believe it won't because I have multiple accounts that vary drastically in terms of SR.

If this is true the reset will prove it, if not, we can finally maybe figure out the reason why you have very very bad players way up in masters.
RESET. This !@#$ is getting out of hand.

This whole system appears to be tailored around the higher levels, but there are more players below gold or plat. What works at the top does not work in middle or the bottom.

You have just described every single game taking place gold and below. The ranks are meaningless. There are plenty of players with a higher tier symbol who play worse. Swinging down is so much easier than climbing up. And Again the games are already horribly unbalanced. I'm actually asking what are placement matches for if not to put you where you belong in the rankings? If my placements are rendered meaningless by everything that happened in the season before what is the god damn point?

They will be fine, all i ever see in these forums is diamonds and up talking down to the lower ranks about how easy it is to climb up. Now if you're worried about the lower players being stuck with the higher ones, and you clearly care more about the higher ranks, it would be approximately 200% better if WE could be placed where we belong. If I don't have the weight of absurd losing streaks from the previous season I can be in the rank I belong in, or at least know where the %^-* im supposed to be based on current performance. YET AGAIN, games are already unbalanced. IF the Devs say the system puts those highest ranking players where they belong quickly, If the highest ranking players Themselvs say they have no problem getting to those ranks then should be a settled issue.

[/quote]
Look man, I placed gold in season 2 and 3 I have absolutely not gotten worse I stayed around high silver for all of 2 and most of 3 until the very end when I had the audacity to try and play this game for more than a couple games at a time and got hit with a couple massive loss streaks. I dont view my current rank as legitimate. I am down here in low silver because I was a victim of loss streaks (you know the most absurdly unfair thing that has ever been conceived) near the end of season 3. I did much better in all of my placements than I have in any of the 3 season yet I placed below my ending rank, because it values THAT number more than anything from the placements. Down here theres a very thin line where you go from maybe 30-40% chance of having all the very worst this community has to offer as a team to having that be an almost certainty.
IF we all are where we belong then lets !@#$ing prove it. For those of us stuck with this %^-*ing MMR/SR/loss streak bull!@#$ from season to season, anything is better than the situation we have. I'll take the chance on being disappointed, I'm an adult; I get to make that decision. Don't pretend its for my sake that you don't want to do this. But hey it's so easy to get up there to, what is it? Diamond? Yeah if its so easy lets do it. I think we can all deal with an occasional game with a super star like you if it means a chance to start over without that streak bull%^-*
LOL you guys realize that low ranks are already playing against Master and whatnot players all the time? These people are buying new accounts in masses and leveling up ruining games already.