Players Purposely De-Ranking From Diamond To Silver

Competitive Discussion
I'm putting this here because I couldn't report all three players fast enough before the match was over: I just played a ranked match and we got matched against a team with three diamond emblem players alongside the three silvers (our team had five silvers and a bronze).

I was able to check the career profile of one of them and they did indeed have SR placing them in silver. However their peak SR was >3000, and during the match it became clear they were not silver-level players. All three of them were on fire often throughout the match and it was pretty clear they had purposely lost to lower their rank from diamond to silver.

In the spirit of this post from Jeff (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753316262#post-3), I reported one of them for griefing, but I couldn't report a second one before I lost the opportunity after the match. So, I'm posting my experience here in the hopes that the OW team will see it and do something about it. If it were like, gold, or even platinum down to silver, maybe I could believe that they just got over-ranked and got rebalanced properly, but this is absurd. I'm definitely not upset at the OW team -- you all are doing the best you can. Just trying to help weed out people like this that are clearly exploiting the game to ruin others' fun.

I can provide video of the entire match if needed. Happy to help however I can to prevent this. Thanks so much for working so hard to keep the game fun, Blizz.
I got paired with one of them as well and lost due to him throwing. This is ruining the game for so many folks...
You can report after the match, if you recall their names or are willing to trawl through some career profiles, by going to the 'recent players' tab in social.
04/23/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Anopheles
You can report after the match, if you recall their names or are willing to trawl through some career profiles, by going to the 'recent players' tab in social.

Reporting a player seems to have little to no effect long term, worst case I've seen is a mute.
It's not just silver. There's a triple stack of diamond players in bronze. On the bright side, it does show how bad the system is when they have to triple stack to get out of the lower ranks.
Yeah, just had a game with two of them in high bronze/low silver. There was a Widow and a Mercy, and they basically picked one person on our team, and spawn camped them, with the Mercy damage boosting the widow so she could basically one shot the Tracer they chose. The sad thing is, they ended up throwing the game for their own team. Since they invested two heroes to take out one, it was always a 5v4 and their own team got super mad. In a higher level game the team would've fought them 2v6, but that level of coordination rarely happens in bronze, and when I tried they just switched targets to me. Basically it sucked for everyone, because the other team had two throwers, and one of our players was always getting harassed.

Normally I'd just report, block and move on(and I did the first two) but they were very eager to refer us to this thread, so I figured I might as well share what happened.
Noone would ever lose so much skill so suddenly that they'd belong in silver after playing in diamond and winning matches. Not unless they had a catastrophic life-changing injury or illness.

Blizzard has really screwed this aspect of matchmaking up, and if they made it impossible to shed your rating just by losing a few matches, it would probably greatly reduce both smurfing and throwing matches.
These guys are in 1100SR now..
i think this is not a case of throwing or refusing to cooperate i think its a case of "group trolling" and "sadistic" behavior which is shown in order to provoke and cause bad experience to community.

I have reported them and raised a support ticket and have been assured it will be transferred to right department. If you happened to meet them in your game please post your experience here in this post and let them know through this forum.
Thanks everyone. lets not be affected by these guys and enjoy overwatch. i know they will be taken right action against them. Please post their battletag if you happen to get it in screenshot.
04/24/2017 08:28 PMPosted by NinthEmperor
These guys are in 1100SR now..
i think this is not a case of throwing or refusing to cooperate i think its a case of "group trolling" and "sadistic" behavior which is shown in order to provoke and cause bad experience to community.

I have reported them and raised a support ticket and have been assured it will be transferred to right department. If you happened to meet them in your game please post your experience here in this post and let them know through this forum.
Thanks everyone. lets not be affected by these guys and enjoy overwatch. i know they will be taken right action against them. Please post their battletag if you happen to get it in screenshot.

they're not gonna do anything.
I played with a party of 3 diamonds today... they were in the gold matches, but they were actually playing, and damn well. It made me realize why I'm not diamond yet lol.
They definately didn't throw, in fact the pharah and the zenyatta spawn trapped the other team in Hollywood and just demolished them. Being on their team I was super happy about the free SR boost, but I still feel terrible for the loosing team and have no idea how math making could allow that. :S
Seriously blizzard should just ban those players. If they want to troll again they get revenue for it because they would need to buy another account. And for those who actually want to play and have a good time will not encounter these situations.

These players openly admit that they are throwing the game and disrupting YOUR matchmaking balancing blizzard. Yet you stand idle while the rest suffers.
im one of them. i try derank. its hard. i lost 10 sr gain 40 sr. i try to reach bronze but need time. i will ruin more games. lol
dont know its forbidden? i just play bad and get deserved tier.

all matchmaking system broken already. when i diamond i get weird lose streak. system doesnt care my efforts. so i dont care anymore too.

if system believes you are 2500 sr and if you go 2700 suddenly forced lose streak occurs. if you lose suddenly forced win streak occurs and you go 2500 again.

if you play a lot you can see that.
04/24/2017 09:30 PMPosted by AurorasMercy
I played with a party of 3 diamonds today... they were in the gold matches, but they were actually playing, and damn well. It made me realize why I'm not diamond yet lol.
They definately didn't throw, in fact the pharah and the zenyatta spawn trapped the other team in Hollywood and just demolished them. Being on their team I was super happy about the free SR boost, but I still feel terrible for the loosing team and have no idea how math making could allow that. :S

Hey buddy,

Nice. THis is a different case of yours. Here we are talking about people who are creating a group to troll to to ruin someone else. Even in bronze there are people with plat and diamond level accuracy but are still in bronze due to bad positioning or not knowing when to be on objective. There is so many youtube videos analysis of bronze where they said that its not case of mechanical skill as well for people who have played for long who have great mehcanical skill but no game or teamwork sense..

Also someone who gets placed and falls from diamond would be good enough to get atleast to 2000SR or learn some teamwork and positioning to understand and may look exceptionally good for bronze. The difference between a soldier at bronze and at diamond is 23% avg shot accuracy vs 50% + in diamond. when soldier does 450 dmg total 50% would be 225 which is enough to kill squishies in single reload so a diamond soldier at bronze would be able to wrap up in about 10 secs if team gives diversion.
Guys, guys... names are not unique in this game. There a multiple "Jeff"s, for instance.

"Bnetplayer" is a name given to people that have made a name that goes against ToS, was reported, and now must change their name. Blizzard changes it to "Bnetplayer" and it's up to the player to change it.

Taking a screenshot of their name doesn't mean anything. There are likely multiple people with that same name. THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS "NAME AND SHAME" IS COMPLETELY AGAINST THE FORUM'S ToS!
04/23/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Deno
It's not just silver. There's a triple stack of diamond players in bronze. On the bright side, it does show how bad the system is when they have to triple stack to get out of the lower ranks.

they just want to pwn some bronze noobs!
>These players were deranking
>They were on fire the WHOLE match.
Won't that mean they were trying to win?
I know people personaly who dropped from Diamond to silver SR mostly because of there net and horrible loss streak.
If they were playing good obvoiusly means they were trying to cilmb out