Why does Zarya have better HoTS skins than OW?

General Discussion
Why does Zarya have better skins in HoTS than Ow??? It deeply concerns me.
I'd argue its easier to make skins for mobas compared to fps imo.

Readability and all.

I honestly don't think Zaryas skins in OW are that bad.

I mean the goth ones are "meh" but the rest are actually pretty nice.

Though yes, they could be a bit better I'll admit.
I have to agree Zarya has the worst skins I the game. She is my go to tank and she deserves some solid heavy armor to match Reinhardt as his shield maiden
Stylosa once told me skins don't matter.
She's got more hair colors than anyone else...
I demand that Zarya's HoTS skins be included in Overwatch.
I need those skins in Overwatch.
I need that HOTS skin in OW so bad.
The red+black emo skin is kinda nice imo. (even though everyone hates it for some reason)
she needs like a ...Valkyrie themed armor.
I want this skins in OW so badly.
http://static.mnium.org/images/contenu/actus/Heroes_Storm/Heros/Zarya/screens/zarya_thunder_hd.jpg
04/17/2017 09:09 PMPosted by DoomzDay

Hots doesn't have hit boxes for the characters, so they can go drastically off-model without worrying about drastic changes to her design. ALso, OW skins must have the same silhouette for every skin, otherwise they won't be easily recognizable.
04/18/2017 02:01 AMPosted by Spooky

Hots doesn't have hit boxes for the characters, so they can go drastically off-model without worrying about drastic changes to her design. ALso, OW skins must have the same silhouette for every skin, otherwise they won't be easily recognizable.

All of her HoTS skin have about the same silhouette as Zarya in OW (And if there is a difference it's no more off than Witch Mercy's hat or Mei's Chang'e skin.)
HOTS characters do not have traditional hitboxes like how FPS games do. You could throw Zarya in a Roadhog costume and it still wouldn't make her soak up more damage/make her hitbox super weird.

That means that all characters need outfits that are similar to their default outline/shape. That's why Mei's outfits weren't easy for Blizzard to think up/make, since Mei is not fat but her coat basically makes her 25% larger than normal. Rein is also hard when it comes to new outfits because his armor probably increases his normal size by 30% too.

The percents are just guesstimates, ofc.

Zarya, however, does NOT have an excuse for NOT having a good set of skins. Her outline allows for her to wear normal clothes or slightly baggy clothes, so they should be able to go to town for her outfits. Same goes for Hanzo too, who is also in need of some new skins.
04/18/2017 01:59 AMPosted by GameVizier
she needs like a ...Valkyrie themed armor.

Mercy is the Valkyrie. I much prefer this "thunder god" theme for Zarya.
It would be nice to see HotS Overwatch skins more like previews to what's coming in a more hi-def version in Overwatch. I mean, i'm fine with them being on HotS first because lower-res, but it'd still be great to see them actually show up in Overwatch.
04/18/2017 02:01 AMPosted by Spooky

Soldier Morrison skin have coat. Reaper Reyes doesn't have coat. Pretty big difference in models. Also Witch Mercy hat and frog Lucio head
First time is the Thunder Guard Skin that we all ask for but we still don't have it atm
Second time is the Hanamura Skin....WTF?(look at Overwatch's skin)

I don't want to say that but the skin dev team in Overwatch really need to learn from the HotS's team, i mean....this is the second time already.

BTW, good job HotS skin dev team by beating Overwatch's skin one more time :)
04/18/2017 01:57 AMPosted by M3T4
The red+black emo skin is kinda nice imo. (even though everyone hates it for some reason)

I like it, but to be uber-petty, the hair looks [redacted].

If they did a 'goth' skin in black/pink and kept her normal hair, I'd be all over it.
04/18/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Funkopedia
She's got more hair colors than anyone else...

Sombra
I hope there are plans for Heroes of the Storm Zarya skins in Overwatch.
She desperately needs something decent, and that's coming from someone who has barely touched Zarya