Why does Zarya have better HoTS skins than OW?

General Discussion
04/18/2017 01:57 AMPosted by M3T4
The red+black emo skin is kinda nice imo. (even though everyone hates it for some reason)
it even comes with the most baddonkey gun in the whole game!
04/18/2017 05:11 AMPosted by Top500Genji
04/18/2017 01:57 AMPosted by M3T4
The red+black emo skin is kinda nice imo. (even though everyone hates it for some reason)
it even comes with the most baddonkey gun in the whole game!
What on earth is a baddonkey?
04/18/2017 01:51 AMPosted by Braixen
Stylosa once told me skins don't matter.

Well, not anymore. He just posted a rant on skins.
I personally like Industrial, but the rest are terrible.
I should point out that in HoTS this skin gives Zarya the same voice filter as Genji.
04/18/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Wandman5612

Well, not anymore. He just posted a rant on skins.
I personally like Industrial, but the rest are terrible.
Link to his rant?
1. Different art direction and artists on the teams result in different skins -- obviously

2. The Overwatch and HotS teams may not have entirely the same idea on how to best portray Zarya

3. A lot of the HotS skins alter the model's silhouette in ways that can't be allowed in a first person game. Readability and hitboxes are major factors.

4. It's a lot easier to take OW skins and edit them for HotS (Like they did for Genji) than to upscale and rework HotS skins to put them in Overwatch. Both because of the readability issue above and because assets for HotS aren't produced at nearly the same resolution as Overwatch assets.

We all want those HotS skins, but these are the reasons off the top of my head why we might not see them in Overwatch, or at least not right away.

PS: I'm kind of bummed out Genji got a cool EVA Unit 01 colour scheme in HotS and not in OW, but them's the breaks.
04/18/2017 11:07 AMPosted by AlSo
1. Different art direction and artists on the teams result in different skins -- obviously

2. The Overwatch and HotS teams may not have entirely the same idea on how to best portray Zarya

3. A lot of the HotS skins alter the model's silhouette in ways that can't be allowed in a first person game. Readability and hitboxes are major factors.

4. It's a lot easier to take OW skins and edit them for HotS (Like they did for Genji) than to upscale and rework HotS skins to put them in Overwatch. Both because of the readability issue above and because assets for HotS aren't produced at nearly the same resolution as Overwatch assets.

We all want those HotS skins, but these are the reasons off the top of my head why we might not see them in Overwatch, or at least not right away.

PS: I'm kind of bummed out Genji got a cool EVA Unit 01 colour scheme in HotS and not in OW, but them's the breaks.

I need a link to this EVA 01 Genji o.o
04/20/2017 12:46 AMPosted by M3T4
04/18/2017 11:07 AMPosted by AlSo

I need a link to this EVA 01 Genji o.o

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/5/5b/Genji_Neon_Dragon.jpg

It's just so cool...

Stylosa needs to go take a moment to think about life then.
Skins are love, Skins are life.
04/18/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Alexabyte
04/18/2017 05:11 AMPosted by Top500Genji
... it even comes with the most baddonkey gun in the whole game!
What on earth is a baddonkey?
it's a farm animal that dated your mom, sent the sex vid to your dad and tipped off the cops to get them done for beastialty then got your sister pregnant.
File me in the minority by I do not like her HotS skins. Her Thunderguard especially, it looks like some sort of cross between a World of Warcraft mage and Halo.

I want to see them make a skin based on her Rosie the Riveter spray she got in Uprising. Maybe something like this. (Scroll down a little)

http://artofdat.com/#/overwatch-x-rockabilly/

Yes, I've plugged these illustrations before several times. They're too good.