Mercy for bad players? No skill needed?

General Discussion
It is also known that mercy is very easy and u need no skill for her. Today I read that a guy called Taimou said if u r M or GM and u went there with mercy, u are still a bad player. In my opinion this is wrong. Maybe u need no skill to do your job but u need skill to be good at it. I am at low Diamond and I see so many bad mercys out there. It is not super easy to decide when to shot/heal/damage boost. It is so often the case that they are trapped with the team in zaryas ult or Rainhartds earthshetter or being the first pick or something like that. A good Mercy can change team fights very strong and carry the team if u ask me. Because if the team isn't able to kill anybody while the Mercy is single healer it's not a normal thing which every Mercy does. What do u say to this statement at the beginning? Thoughts?
He's right. Brain dead hero, that requires no skills.
But you have 19 hours as Mercy in competitive....*roll eyes*
Mercy requires godlike positioning and communication to work.
Streamers....
04/24/2017 10:54 AMPosted by ChivasUK

He said that she requires skill, indeed. Read it again.
04/24/2017 10:54 AMPosted by ChivasUK
That's why I made this post because everytime I see someone playing mercy he does !@#$ like damage boosting someone while Rain is at 150 health pr something like that.
I maintain that Mercy requires just as much skill as any other hero, even if it's true that she does not have to aim as often.

Anyways, OP's post is kinda difficult to read and I'm not quite sure what they're trying to say, but I think they're saying Mercy is easy to pick up but hard to master? In which case, I would agree.
People who think Mercy is easy are sadly mistaken.

Wile yes in concept she is "easy". In reality however its not so black and white.
The people who believe Mercy requires no skill are the people who do not understand her entire kit and view her as simply a healbot.

A good Mercy will have exceptional situational awareness, allowing them to make crucial call outs for their team. It is their job to watch the entire battlefield while tracking the ult usage of both your team and your opponents which allows for much better use of her Resurrection. You will also be a heavily focused target, particularly by flankers, so knowing how to kite them around while still doing your job is highly important because then not only are you still contributing to your team but you are also distracting your pursuer thus temporarily taking him out of the fight.

Knowing when to heal, damage boost, or pull out the pistol to finish off a low health enemy before they can retreat are crucial. She may not require much skill to play, but she does demand a relative amount of skill as well as top notch communication and awareness to truly excel.
04/24/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Nicolas53401
Today I read that a guy called Taimou said if u r M or GM and u went there with mercy, u are still a bad player. In my opinion this is wrong.

Was it the same person who said in a match in Temple of Anubis 'this is so hard' because he was getting killed by Genji and switched off to something else? I cannot find a youtube link because somebody posted it via twitch link once.
I play mercy and lucio and im in gm.......... I played dps season 3 and made it to 3100, but when i play support this season, i peaked at 4072
I don't care what Taimou says. I'm mid-high Masters and cannot play Mercy for the life of me. Being a good Mercy is harder than it looks.
04/24/2017 10:52 AMPosted by Chewy
He's right. Brain dead hero, that requires no skills.
Later same day - 'what do you mean no one wants to play supports in my [insert rank] games as everyone's so goddemn important for that?'
Mercy is mechanically easy... Her kit is pretty straight foward and rather easy to understand.

Now, effectively fulfilling her role is an entire different beast.
I think the skill in mercy is very unique to other characters, instead of having to be skilled at aiming/killing mercy's skill relates to her positioning and capability to; make quick decisions (do they need damage? healing? etc.) , focus on who needs healing, keeping tabs on most or all team mates (to know where a safe dash is) and other factors as well. I'm not saying she is super difficult but I think she is the epitome of a "low skill floor, high skill ceiling" character.
04/24/2017 11:09 AMPosted by Cersei
04/24/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Nicolas53401
Today I read that a guy called Taimou said if u r M or GM and u went there with mercy, u are still a bad player. In my opinion this is wrong.

Was it the same person who said in a match in Temple of Anubis 'this is so hard' because he was getting killed by Genji and switched off to something else? I cannot find a youtube link because somebody posted it via twitch link once.
No idea I dindt saw any videos or streams it was just a comment in this forum.
"He's a popular streamer so he must know everything about overwatch and can never be wrong right??!!?!!"
Mercy is a beginners hero. But that doesn't necessarily mean that she's easy to master.
Characters like Mercy, Soldier, Rein, and Junk are all very easy to pick up and use. But it takes skill to climb the Masters or above with them.
Mercy doesn't require the pinpoint accuracy of a Widow or Tracer, but you can't be braindead and rock as Mercy. There are too many things you have to juggle.
Do I switch to damage boost?
Do I risk flying out to heal the McCree that for some reason is in enemy territory?
Do I rez now or hold it?
Do I break out my pistol to shoot down the Pharah that is wrecking me while my teammates do nothing?

She's not a "lite" hero.