The reason why bringing Oni back is 'Unfair'

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
All rewards for 20 total games when all rewards last time was 30 total. And less rewards.
04/25/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Tracer
Why does everyone want to feel exclusive ? Do you get enjoyment out of showing stuff off that others can't get ?

Eeeeexactly! Because early bird gets the worm.
04/25/2017 12:54 PMPosted by escampee
04/25/2017 12:48 PMPosted by SneakySquid
It's like buying a game system or new TV when it first comes out, then a while later they get cheaper.

Are you going to whine you paid 300 for something and someone who waited paid 200?

Mmm. I think you mean paid $100 as that's a 2/3 reduction in price equivalent to the 5 to 15 game ratio.

And yes. If I bought a brand new, limited edition laptop in January for $3,000, then had the price drop to $1,000 three months later? I'd be pretty upset - and so would you. That's an insane drop in depreciation of value. There are very few items that ever depreciate in value by 2/3 over the course of three and a half months.
That's what happens when you buy the latest newest shiny thing when it comes out

You get punked a few months later
Well I am glad people get a 2nd chance at the skin. I wish everyone luck.
04/25/2017 12:17 PMPosted by JakuNonon
I'll admit, my first posts on the matter were childish and made me sound like a baby screaming that someone took my choo-choo, but let me explain why people are displeased about this.

The first Nexus Challenge went on for months, and went on for weeks after it should've ended, giving people plenty of time to get the skin. Second, to get Oni now all you have to do is play 5 games, as opposed to the 15 from back then. People got some sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from doing those games and getting a skin that was advertised as a 'limited time' deal.

But then, here it comes again, and for even less work than you had to put in for it the first time. That sense of satisfaction, pride, and accomplishment, is severely diminished by that. Not to mention, as opposed to Oni Genji, we could;ve gotten a brand new skin along with Officer D.Va

It isn't meant to be a source of pride - that's your deal

It is simply a fun incentive to check out their other game - nothing more, nothing less
04/25/2017 12:58 PMPosted by SneakySquid
04/25/2017 12:54 PMPosted by escampee

Mmm. I think you mean paid $100 as that's a 2/3 reduction in price equivalent to the 5 to 15 game ratio.

And yes. If I bought a brand new, limited edition laptop in January for $3,000, then had the price drop to $1,000 three months later? I'd be pretty upset - and so would you. That's an insane drop in depreciation of value. There are very few items that ever depreciate in value by 2/3 over the course of three and a half months.
That's what happens when you buy the latest newest shiny thing when it comes out

You get punked a few months later

Mmm. Nope.

Like I said, very few items depreciatd by 2/3 of their value in 3 to 4 months worth of time.

Not computers.
Not cars.
Not televisions.
Not phones.
Not houses.
Not clothing.
Not appliances.
Not video games.
Not Blu-Rays.

2/3 depreciation of value over a quarter? That's insane depreciation of value. That's the sort of thing that would get you sent to a federal audit if you did that to your inventory.

That's literally NOT what happens when you buy the latest and shiniest thing.

It might happen over the course of a year. (Again, not with a television or laptop - those take longer to drop in value.)
Noone cares about your feelings.Wishing other people NOT to have things is subhuman

Besides ,playing a lot has never,and will never be considered an achievement.It was just a marketing trick and you fell for it.Congrats
04/25/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Overwatch
Noone cares about your feelings.Wishing other people NOT to have things is subhuman

Bingo, The fool acts like. "I am being civil". You are being a jerk off.

Get over it.
I think the same. If they would make Oni skin to a yearly event with the same 15 wins, it would be okay. But now, you have just play five games and get the Oni skin. That's sounds unfair and blizzard said, they want to make events rare and special...

Do some players who already have the skin something else? That would be nice then. Like a second skin or free loot boxes or a legendary skin by choice.
And how do you think new players would feel not having any opportunity at all to get the skin? I can get the frustration over it taking fewer games this time but man what a selfish topic
I'll admit, my first posts on the matter were childish and made me sound like a baby screaming that someone took my choo-choo, but let me explain why people are displeased about this.

The first Nexus Challenge went on for months, and went on for weeks after it should've ended, giving people plenty of time to get the skin. Second, to get Oni now all you have to do is play 5 games, as opposed to the 15 from back then. People got some sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from doing those games and getting a skin that was advertised as a 'limited time' deal.

But then, here it comes again, and for even less work than you had to put in for it the first time. That sense of satisfaction, pride, and accomplishment, is severely diminished by that. Not to mention, as opposed to Oni Genji, we could;ve gotten a brand new skin along with Officer D.Va

thanks for post, didn't know I got baited into playing that !@#$ty DOTA 2/LOL knock off game. Pretty cool how special events aren't special..

Finished downloading that knock off game, time to uninstall it.

Very EZZZ

that moment when you realize special events aren't special, since the last one was 3 months ago.. zzz suck it dev team
04/25/2017 12:48 PMPosted by SneakySquid
04/25/2017 12:46 PMPosted by escampee

I don't care about them bringing it back. I DO care that I was essentially conned into doing much more work for it.

If they'd put Oni Genji into week three or four, I wouldn't much care. People wouldn't be playing five AI games to get what took me hours to farm before. It'd be the same about of effort - and there's nothing much of worth in week three anyway.

Think of it this way: You bought the Reaper statue for $150 or whatever it is. Limited edition.

Then Blizzard does a second run of it. You're not going to be too mad, right?

But Blizzard does that second run for only $50. Same statue, same quality. But it's a third of the original price for something they told you was a limited edition.

You'd probably not be super happy about that, right?

It's less about the second run of the skin, and more that we were tricked into playing multiple games of HotS for a supposed 'exclusive.' Then that 'exclusive' was made super easy to obtain just because people who had lots of time to get the skin, didn't.
It's like buying a game system or new TV when it first comes out, then a while later they get cheaper.

Are you going to whine you paid 300 for something and someone who waited paid 200?

To build off of this analogy to produce an inverse analogy:

Would it be bothersome if you managed to purchase a "special edition" limited production super-car (lets go with a Lamborghini Aventador) and spent $525,000 at the time. Now several months later, Lamborghini reveals that they still have some models from the same production line (keeping all factors of quality accounted for) and the cost of the machine is now a fraction of the original cost, rather than appreciating (yes, skins have no MONETARY value). To boot, if you spend the amount that it previously cost in its first release, you will also receive a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Trattori.

Three reward packages for what you originally put in for back when you it was marketed that the then-current time period was the only opportunity to achieve ownership of an exclusive item AND the effort required was higher.

Sure, YOU still have your Aventador from the first special event, but it aims to essentially rewards the individuals that didn't put in the same effort as you and are rewarded with more. Not to mention: you do not obtain a SECOND Aventador for the new low price that is available to late-comers.

I had to brow beat, hound, and twist the arms of friends for them just to give Overwatch a chance, and they love the game now. However, said individuals refused to do the original Nexus Challenge because the cost of the reward was not worth it to them. I did the Nexus Challenge. I got my trophy.

This isn't intended to be dramatic, but what is the pragmatic approach to giving a fan base an incentive for a task and then "devalue" that incentive shortly after?

A[n unlikely] proposal could be to count wins from the previous Nexus Challenge period and accredit them towards account for Nexus 2.0. Again, unlikely.
04/25/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Rager
As a Genji main i must say...

Get over it.

It is just a Skin, and I am happy that new players get a chance to get it also.

Unfair? That Genji players get a second chance on getting a skin? The Hero is so buggy right now, that this is the least they can do.

In other words. Shut up

ILY
I'll admit, my first posts on the matter were childish and made me sound like a baby screaming that someone took my choo-choo

That's because you are literally whining that people are getting access to a cosmetic skin in a video game.
Does....does this actually bother people? Its a cosmetic skin, it doesnt make you stronger, or faster, or play better, or anything. I honestly do not understand.
04/25/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Tracer
Why does everyone want to feel exclusive ? Do you get enjoyment out of showing stuff off that others can't get ?

yes.. thats literally the point of exclusive skins....

just look at CC Riven now that they released it, its just another !@#$ty skin now.
Blizzard is desperate that people plays HoTS.

Never gonna happen.
Well, I'm not pc gamer. But if ONI Genji is back, there is hope in seeing witch Mercy again this Halloween

This is all very familiar going back to the WoW forums from over a decade ago. This is pretty standard for how Blizzard does things. They make things hard to get and semi-exclusive for those who initially put in the effort. Then after a fairly significant time has passed, those who initially got the Special Thing have had their time being the cool kids, and the Special Thing is opened up to a new generation who can get it with less effort.

I remember this when the xp curve to level 60 was dropped, and many times since. You are free to feel about it however you wish, but this is kind of standard operating procedure for Blizzard.
Who cares. Its a computer game ffs. A skin is a skin.