The reason why bringing Oni back is 'Unfair'

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
04/25/2017 12:27 PMPosted by Tracer
04/25/2017 12:26 PMPosted by RAVN

Yes?
then you're probably insecure lmao

Do you think everyone with golden guns is insecure too?
Have you ever played an MMORPG?
I'm bummed they're making it take so much longer to get the rewards this time.

I guess people spending just a few hours to slam out 30 games vs Beginner AI wasn't what Blizz had in mind for participation during the last Challenge so this time they're making sure we need to spend more time in the game, over a more even period of time too.

Hopefully not too many people throw their matches to make it go as fast as last time, or 3.0 might be even harder than this time and involve winning instead of participating =/
15 games over the course of a couple months is minimal work for anything. Even if you despise the game, you only had to play a couple a week.

The skin isn't special, doesn't make you special. It's exclusive to this event, and it's common sense to realize Blizzard would do another Nexus Event.

Some players came later to the game, I don't see why letting them have access to a skin -- that was -free- -- is a big deal.

I got the Oni skin back when, I liked it, I used it, but this thought that cosmetic items should be so limited is frankly ridiculous.

It's a skin.

It's a skin you got for practically nothing. 15 AI Games over a few months? Yeah.

It's not a skin you earned. You didn't win a tournament for it. You didn't place in a certain ranking for it one season. You didn't complete a series of difficult achievements for it. You didn't grind for hours, upon hours, just for a chance for it to drop during a timeframe. You didn't go to Blizzcon for it. You didn't pay real money for it.

Blizzard did not release this skin with the disclaimer "Will Never be Released Again."

I mean even Riot re-released one of their own extremely rare, sought after skins after time. Even after it was part of a grand prize for guessing winning teams in each bracket one year.

Use a skin because you like it.

Using one just to act holier-than-thou for owning the thing is childish, especially when you didn't work for it on any meaningful level.
I'm glad it's back up. Let's get real everybody, Genji's Oni skin isn't a collector's item -- it's advertisement for HotS
04/25/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Data
<span class="truncated">...</span> then you're probably insecure lmao

Do you think everyone with golden guns is insecure too?
Have you ever played an MMORPG?
Last I checked anyone who wanted could get a golden gun, those arent exclusive, unique or a collectors item, just expensive, and equally available to all via an in game currency.
04/25/2017 01:56 PMPosted by TheIronBun
I'm glad it's back up. Let's get real everybody, Genji's Oni skin isn't a collector's item -- it's advertisement for HotS
This.
04/25/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
04/25/2017 01:22 PMPosted by GhostDog
As as a console player it is extremely frustrating for me and other players because we cannot get the cool skins like the Oni Genji and the new Officer D.va skin because we can only play on Console. Possibly some players could just log onto a laptop even if theyare a console player but unlike me and others there is absolutely no way we can get the skins. At least give us a chance at getting the promotional skins? Please Blizzard, Console players need more love

We completely understand that there are some players who do not own or have access to a PC to play Heroes of the Storm. Because of this, we plan to add both the Oni Genji skin and the Officer D.Va skin to the normal, base Overwatch loot box at some point in the future.

With that said, I still encourage anyone with access to a PC to play the Nexus Challenge. Heroes of the Storm is an amazing game and you'll unlock those skins for free and before anyone else.

They're going to be in lootboxes later regardless

Rip y'all lmao
04/25/2017 02:00 PMPosted by SneakySquid

We completely understand that there are some players who do not own or have access to a PC to play Heroes of the Storm. Because of this, we plan to add both the Oni Genji skin and the Officer D.Va skin to the normal, base Overwatch loot box at some point in the future.

With that said, I still encourage anyone with access to a PC to play the Nexus Challenge. Heroes of the Storm is an amazing game and you'll unlock those skins for free and before anyone else.

Rip y'all lmao
Best solution.
04/25/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Tracer
Why does everyone want to feel exclusive ? Do you get enjoyment out of showing stuff off that others can't get ?
Exactly! Exclusiveness adds a LOT to a game. What's the fun of having something that everyone have? Making things exclusive it's like a reward for players who supported the game from the beginning. Just look to the console community. There's no fun of using Origins skins because everyone have it.
Doesn't matter what you think, blackwatch genji is better.
04/25/2017 02:03 PMPosted by HollowD
Why does everyone want to feel exclusive ? Do you get enjoyment out of showing stuff off that others can't get ?
Exactly! Exclusiveness adds a LOT to a game. What's the fun of having something that everyone have? Making things exclusive it's like a reward for players who supported the game from the beginning. Just look to the console community. There's no fun of using Origins skins because everyone have it.

Exclusives are fine but if this game is mostly that in the form of event skins then who cares? Throw us some non event skins too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmSO2cz2ozQ
I have Oni and I have no issue with them bringing back the Oni skin or having it requiring less games to be won. I had no reason to suspect that Oni would be an one time deal and that the Nexus challenge would only run once, so I was not at all surprised or upset about its return. I also figured that Oni would come back as a lesser reward to make room for the newest Nexus skin.

You could see Oni requiring 10 less games to be totally unfair, but you could also think about it as a positive outlook. Months ago, you basically played 10 more games in order to have early access to the skin. During that time, you got to show off the skin to everyone who was unable to play 15 or had started playing after. The ones who only play 5 games don't get to have such an amount of exclusivity that you did!
Yeah, think of it this way, you guys get to be gold star genjis, you inspired all these people to want that skin, go you.

*Looking at my tf2 backpack sweating*

Uhhhhhh...hhh...h... N-no?
This is completely fair.

They are just cosmetics after all, there is no reason for skins to be limited because it really ISNT fair for those who recently bought the game and wanted to enjoy looking really cool while flanking healers.
04/25/2017 02:00 PMPosted by SneakySquid

Rip y'all lmao

should send Jeff a bill for the 2 hours of my life i'll never get back playing that !@#$ game. %^-*.. makes us play the game, then tells us it's coming to loot boxes soon.
It doesnt matter

You dont get anything for competitive
You dont get anything for skins
It doesnt mean your great at anything that actually matters.

Its a means to pass time.
Enjoy it or dont but dont cry over skins.
I see most of you people or Blizzard dont seem to understand how 'promotional' events are supposed to work the thing that attracts people to said 'promotional events' are the exclusive rewards that give people the incentive to do the event returning the said reward again for another promotion cuts down anything exclusive about the reward nor the satisfaction of obtaining it if people knew that the skin would return and be added to lootboxes later(they said they would add the dva and genji skins to lootboxes later in a future update) i doubt anyone would have bothered to do the event well atleast me no point of having a exclusive event when the rewards arent even exclusive lol but i guess i can understand why blizz did it alot of people wanted it back makes sense for them to add it to boost the HOTS promotion from a business point of view anyway i'm happy for the people who wanted the skin and got it just wish the skin had some changes atleast some added voicelines(like some event skins that have extra voice lines)

yes because it just feels good having a rare skin someone else doesn't and showing it off, hate to break it to you but that's life, everyone had an opportunity to get it before but they chose not to, so re-releasing it is silly