Remove the Mercy's Invulnerability!

General Discussion
It was already dumb that her ult could not be interrupted by killing her, but nope, gotta promote that "hide in a corner and wait for my whole team to die" gameplay.
\
05/01/2017 03:52 PMPosted by ashloch
Picture this: You're Mercy- oh, wait, you only have 9 minutes playtime on her apparently.
Ok, picture this, you're any hero without a self heal, you are 4 down in a team fight, your Mercy and only healer has her rez ready, hiding behind the corner, just waiting to get that sweet 5 man rez on the point, preferably during overtime, let's say.. 4/6 enemy ults wasted now that she comes in, rezzes and "HEROES NEVER DI- ugh"
Now you may have 5 people on the point, but no healer. In the middle of the enemy team. Have fun.

And that's how it should be. You don't get to !@#$ up for free.
05/01/2017 04:03 PMPosted by TheProMercy1
If team fights are so quick and your team has the upper hand, then go to their spawn and get her.

we did..
As a winston I waited right at the exit of the spawn in Hanamura 2nd obj.
She was able to run out and res. her team.
By the time she's invunerable she's already rezzed the team anyhow, there's no reason for her to be easy pickings when she ults and there's no other hero who's ult leaves them completely undefendable. Any tanks can defend ulting McCree, D.Va can defend Pharah if she's low enough to fit in the Defence Matrix. No one can defend Mercy during her ult because all her teammates are dead.
05/01/2017 04:04 PMPosted by Arthur
05/01/2017 03:53 PMPosted by JAG
I bet you don't whine when her rez saves your !@#.

i dont want to see her being a must pick hero as well. I am making the same suggestion either way.

She's not, except at our elo where people play like they have their genitals hooked up to a car battery.
someone's penta kill got rezzed

and genji main, how predictable
05/01/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Arthur
05/01/2017 04:03 PMPosted by TheProMercy1
If team fights are so quick and your team has the upper hand, then go to their spawn and get her.

we did..
As a winston I waited right at the exit of the spawn in Hanamura 2nd obj.
She was able to run out and res. her team.

Well I'm sorry but that's not mercy's fault. You didn't kill her and therefore let her through. Please correct me if I'm wrong but the invulnerability is during the Rez (I think). This means you have every opportunity to kill her. Otherwise bait out the Rez and then use your ults.
05/01/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Scooter
No one can defend Mercy during her ult because all her teammates are dead.

she doesn't have to wait for the whole team death before res. them.
the invulnerability is encouraging her to do that.
Mercy's Ult isn't a a damage dealer. Now if you made an argument about sombra's Ult maybe...maybe
I hate her invulnerability. So what if she dies AFTER she just revived her entire team? They SHOULD be able to hold out on their own for a couple moments.
05/01/2017 03:48 PMPosted by JAG
So you killed Mercy last?

What kind of idiot strategy is that?

Well to be fair, it is incredibly frustrating on 2cp to kill her first, because she'll just comeback and rezz.
Makes sense, but is still annoying.
Its almost like Mercy, McCree, Soldier and Genji are different characters.

Who knew?
I think the invulnerability is crucial, otherwise Mercy would ALWAYS die when using her ult., which isn't fair to the person playing Mercy.

I can see people complaining about resurrecting in overtime, as it takes FOREVER to respawn when in overtime. Typically, you get 8 seconds (or something like that) to res. Someone, but with the new overtime, I can get way more time than that to res. A person. As a result, I am able to get 3-4 tricklers reassurected at the same time, when I use my ult in overtime. However, they know it's going g to happen, so they should be prepared.
05/01/2017 04:13 PMPosted by vamp6x6x6x
Mercy's Ult isn't a a damage dealer. Now if you made an argument about sombra's Ult maybe...maybe

consider how much extra damage (5 max extra dmg dealers) she can bring in.... after a big push our team was already exhausted
05/01/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Arthur
05/01/2017 04:13 PMPosted by vamp6x6x6x

consider how much extra damage (5 max extra dmg dealers) she can bring in.... after a big push our team was already exhausted

if you know they have a mercy, if you know she has her ult ready, why would you even blow all of your ults out like that.
but again, please play some more mercy before you come back and say again how it is apparently "overpowered" or w/e you think to be invulnerable for a few seconds after probably having to run through half of the enemy team that's entirely focusing on you to rez your team which can sometimes cost you an entire game if you just get headshotted/hooked/stunned/etc on the way.
I feel like there is some mass misconception about how Mercy's ult works that leads to threads like this.

If Mercy is invulnerable THEN HER ULT HAS ALREADY GONE OFF. Everyone will rez now whether you kill her or not. It is TOO LATE to focus her down or kill her prior to arriving back on the point to rez. YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED. Stop blaming the invulnerability.
If mcree jumped into the middle of the enemy team solo and ulted youd call him a !@#$ty player. NO one would say "weeeeelll blizzard, where is my invincibility"
However, she can still survive 1vs6 situation, come out and res. her whole team....

What does that have to do with Mercy's invincibility? Mercy only becomes invulnerable after she's activated her ult. In short, if the invulnerability saved her, it means you were already too late and she had already res her teammates.
05/01/2017 04:05 PMPosted by VeryMelon
It was already dumb that her ult could not be interrupted by killing her, but nope, gotta promote that "hide in a corner and wait for my whole team to die" gameplay.
\
05/01/2017 03:52 PMPosted by ashloch
Picture this: You're Mercy- oh, wait, you only have 9 minutes playtime on her apparently.
Ok, picture this, you're any hero without a self heal, you are 4 down in a team fight, your Mercy and only healer has her rez ready, hiding behind the corner, just waiting to get that sweet 5 man rez on the point, preferably during overtime, let's say.. 4/6 enemy ults wasted now that she comes in, rezzes and "HEROES NEVER DI- ugh"
Now you may have 5 people on the point, but no healer. In the middle of the enemy team. Have fun.

And that's how it should be. You don't get to !@#$ up for free.

What is the difference?

If she is hiding she isnt healing her team = faster and easier team wipe + Rez and repeat.

If she stayed in the fight and healed its likely the team fight would have lasted longer and you would probably lose more team mates in that fight.

So either way it could play out the same, either harder slower kills or twice as many faster easier kills.
05/01/2017 03:48 PMPosted by LexRage
why should we accept Mercy ult. invulnerability?

Because without that she dies all the time when her teammates are reviving, and end without their support.
Isn't it obvious?

Without that, Mercy is basically a kamikaze who kills herself to revive her team.
I dunno i'm fine with that if the situation devolves to the point where she gets a full team res maybe she should be the sacrifice for the potential turn around

on the other hand i would have her res reset cooldowns on her teamates the amount of times as Mei where i pull a last stand waiting for mercy blow all of my cooldowns Wall>block>wall and the enemy literally tears down my wall and kills me mercy flies in revs the whole team and i die again immediatly because i am way out of location due to my desperate last stand and have no way to defend myself it's a little annoying

if she has that I frame they need to make some sort of downside like her teamates don't have i frames while ressing so you can take out high value targets if you react to it fast enough it would also give her more to think about when using the res

edit: also SPAWN D.va IN HER MECH DAGNABBIT XD
05/01/2017 03:47 PMPosted by Arthur
should McCree ult be invulnerable?
should Genji ult be invulnerable?
how about soldier ult?
They die often during ult as well. Why they are not given invulnerability during ult?

^ if these sound ridiculous to you, why should we accept Mercy ult. invulnerability?

Does the following sounds familiar to you:
The opponent team has been wiped out. We know they have a Mercy. Our team, fully reloaded our ammo, ready to kill her. However, she can still survive 1vs6 situation, come out and res. her whole team....

This has to be stopped. I would understand extra damage reduction on Mercy or give her extra armor for her ult... but invulnerability !? that's too much.

mmm let me stop you right here. The invulnerability was added to stop her from being kamikaze. Literally even the devs said that.

While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived

Developer Comments: Mercy’s Resurrect has always been very powerful, but it often forces her to sacrifice herself to use it well. There have been changes in the past that attempted to help her in this area, but haven’t done enough to solve it. This change means that once she uses the ability, she will always survive long enough to be with her team again.

The point of making her invulnerable was to stop people from having to sacrifice herself to use her ult properly. There are plenty of Genjis, McCrees and Soldiers who survive their ults after using it right. Mercy is allowed this by a mere 4 second grace period.

Also. It's. Super easy to shoot her down when she uses the GA. Removing the invulnerability is moot because it kicks in AFTER the res. She'd still get the res, invincible or not. You'd still get the kick to the stomach of having another round of fighting the team. The only difference is that she's alive still. Is that so unfair that she isn't guaranteed a death after she tries to fulfill her role?