Saving/Exporting Highlights

General Discussion
Am I the only person who hasn't forgotten about this? This was said to be on its way so long ago. How is this not a feature yet? I get that they would rather spend development on cooler things like the Uprising event but this should be pretty straightforward QoL feature.
This is the current focus of the feature team (one of the smaller development strike teams on the Overwatch team). The team is working extremely hard on this and has been for months. Expect more details early this summer.
Highly Rated
05/09/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
This is the current focus of the feature team (one of the smaller development strike teams on the Overwatch team). The team is working extremely hard on this and has been for months. Expect more details early this summer.
You are on top of it today!! Great job Jeff!
Thank you! I got an amazing Rein play yesterday but it wasn't play of the game. I jumped the gun and tried to save it but it was Mercy rezzing and my geforce thing messed up. I had to download a bunch of other stuff just to get the clip and it looked AWFUL.
It's been on console since Day 1.

Will be nice for others to be able to do it as well without the need for extra capture cards and all that.
=D Hooray! Thanks Jeff! You should show us some of your awesome plays when you do the dev update on this :-)

So, the Dev team has various "strike teams". How fitting. What I really want to know now is if the leader of the feature team is jealous of Jeff's success and of his statue at Blizzard HQ, and secretly plotting to destroy him.
I hope it has a theater mode like CoD does. Not just rewatch your highlights but watch the full game from every single perspective.
05/09/2017 09:03 AMPosted by GenocideHero
Thank you! I got an amazing Rein play yesterday but it wasn't play of the game. I jumped the gun and tried to save it but it was Mercy rezzing and my geforce thing messed up. I had to download a bunch of other stuff just to get the clip and it looked AWFUL.

Seriously the same thing happened to me. I was on Rein at temple of Anub, Ana slept me and then died. Mercy Rezzed with 3 people in front of me. Right when I finished standing the immunity wore out and I Earthshattered everyone...they didn't make it.
05/09/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Guady
Seriously the same thing happened to me. I was on Rein at temple of Anub, Ana slept me and then died. Mercy Rezzed with 3 people in front of me. Right when I finished standing the immunity wore out and I Earthshattered everyone...they didn't make it.
https://my.mixtape.moe/bypvap.webm
But why don't players use Fraps, Obs or Shadowplay on Pc or use the built-in capture system of consoles to save highlights?

A nicer idea would be to have some kind of theater mode which allows you to watch your matches back and maybe save/record them.
I use GeForce Experience(Shadowplay) but it messed up and if I exited overwatch I wouldn't have been able to get the highlight.

Fraps gives that ugly overlay/watermark.
Top job. Thx for listening.

"small feature" but someday, maybe, it's like the WoW-screenshot-folder!

memories!
05/09/2017 09:50 AMPosted by GenocideHero
Fraps gives that ugly overlay/watermark.

So spend $20 or whatever it is to get the full version.

I bought it years ago, and while I can't use it (because my laptop is trash) as soon as I get a good computer again, I'll have it once more.
05/09/2017 09:03 AMPosted by GenocideHero

Just FYI, if you're running OW on Windows 10, you can use XBOX application embedded with Windows to record games. No extra programs needed. Also, it looks good.
The team is working extremely hard on this and has been for months.

it takes months for a multi-billionaire company to add a "save highlight to computer" button, something that millions of programs already allow you to do? really?
05/09/2017 10:44 AMPosted by KingKai

it takes months for a multi-billionaire company to add a "save highlight to computer" button, something that millions of programs already allow you to do? really?
You sound like an expert programmer. I think Blizzard would like you on their team.
05/09/2017 10:44 AMPosted by KingKai

Because they want to do more than just export an mp4 video file. I am sure they are working to build a proper in-engine replay/spectate system packed with features. Something where after a game the server would dump all the data to each player in a compact format, and you can go back and watch the game in spectator mode with VCR controls or something. Maybe this tool can export a video clip if you want one. How about some downloadable pro matches or the ability to watch tournament games live in a mass-spectate mode. The sky's the limit, here is a good example: https://www.polygon.com/2016/7/29/12325418/dota-2-vr-valve-vive

There is one advantage your own recording will always have: voice chat. There is zero chance Bliz would support recording any voice data.
yes, because bragging about that bastion team kil is more important than balancing the game.
Xbox Guide + X

Thought you PC people would have this cool tech by now.