Video: Can't Kill Pharah with Soldier 76

General Discussion
Whenever someone complains about Pharah, they say "Use Soldier 76, problem solved". Here's a short video where Pharah was dominating our team, and I switched to S76 to kill her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oceYE0C6osI (1m 41s) .

As you can see, she kills me three times in a row, even though Soldier is supposed to counter Pharah.

Other heroes don't have problems killing their counters like this. For example:

1. A bad Bastion can kill an excellent Winston
2. A bad Symmetra can kill an excellent Genji
3. A bad Winston can kill an excellent Hanzo/Sombra etc.

My problem with Pharah is that Soldier 76 doesn't "counter" her the way other heroes kill those they are supposed to counter.
I haven't watched the video but if your failing to get pharah maybe your just not the best soldier, like if you switched to soldier to get pharah and your not making it work just switch off to a character your better with.
Is this your gameplay? Because if it is, I hate to say it, A) the aim was ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS. B) the spread on the shots did nothing to help the cause, since it's only the first 3 rounds that have zero recoil. C) standing still, or not moving much vs a Pharah will always guarantee she gets a kill before, simply owing to her damage.

I don't play Soldier much. But I honestly don't have a huge issue taking care of Pharah's because of his ability to hitscan her. This isn't to say a great Pharah is different. But I saw only middling gameplay in the video, and a soldier who really didn't know how to soldier.

I'm sorry, but this video "evidence" is really not any evidence of Pharah being "unkillable."
The reason why you "aren't countering" her is because your aim sucks, look at where your crosshairs are most of the time. You don't straight up counter someone just by going as a hero, you have to actually play the hero at a decent level.
A torb turret with orisa shield help is good counter.. obviously your going to need someone else on the team to fire in her (soldier).. but the turret can both alert team when she's in the air, and clean up any missed shots to finish her off..
1St time: it was the spread. Try tapping your shoot button since the first 4 bullets are 100% hs and after that spread kicks in. Aim and try to fire in 4 bullet salves
2nd: You stood completely still ofc she is going to kill you
3rd: Didn't look up
+your aim isn't really the best

And the Pharah has a gold weapon so I guess they were just the better player
Wow.

Thanks for making me feel better about my skill level bro.
After watching the video, your gameplay was bad.. there was a point before your second death you coulda stayed with your rien, and fired behind a shield (but you took off in front of him).. then on you 3rd death, there was a orisa shield in doorway, and u ran past it and got killed on the low ground.. that first death, you just stood in the open (instead u could have hid behind that rock a bit poppin fire, then ran to a better position when health was low)

Also I noticed your on PS4, and hiscan aiming up in the air is much tougher on a controller.. pc player have a much easier time taking her down in general
Crosshair movements felt like console. Is this console?

And really, your aim is quite dismal to say the least. Not to mention you were standing still doing spray'n'pray instead of headshot bursts.
You're not countering her because quite frankly your aim is Sh*t and you're standing in one spot which makes you an easy target.

Having a biotic field does not make you invincible you still have to move

Side note:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCLReWij1hs
05/02/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Zarathea

And really, your aim is quite dismal to say the least. Not to mention you were standing still doing spray'n'pray instead of headshot bursts.

Yeah it is console. Is there something on console just for this game that "apparently" makes people aim like !@#$ because when I played halo I was perfectly fine and I was 14 playing it for the same time as this?
05/02/2017 04:59 PMPosted by DaSlipryBuff

Also I noticed your on PS4, and hiscan aiming up in the air is much tougher on a controller.. pc player have a much easier time taking her down in general

I'm on PS4 and I have no problems shooting Pharah.

I think the problem is some people don't play very many FPS where you have to hit a moving target in the air.

All those hours spent shooting banshees out of the sky in Halo have come in handy.
05/02/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Jimmyrustler
05/02/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Zarathea

Yeah it is console. Is there something on console just for this game that "apparently" makes people aim like !@#$ because when I played halo I was perfectly fine and I was 14 playing it for the same time as this?

The main thing is overall the aiming on console for this game is slightly wonky. Not a huge thing, but enough of a difference from other FPS games that it throws it off just enough.

That being said, this was just abysmal.
Jesus H Christ, no wonder there are so many complaints on the forum about Pharah.

You were staying still, and your aim was awful. Of course you lost, you were making Pharah's job of trying to land slow fat turds on people 10x easier.
Actually you missed most shots... You did damage when you hit her though but a Mercy healed her. Problem solved.
While I think Pharah is imbalanced currently I'd say learn McCree.

I can take Pharah out reliably with him, if you get competent with him she's not so bad.

However she's still imbalanced cause nobody wants to learn to aim so McCree is an unpopular choice at lower levels of play.
Pharah on the other hand is easy to use and her rockets are easy to aim (don't tell me no, I have higher accuracy with her than any other character and I've played her for less time) so newbies and lower level players will love picking her.

She DOES need some rebalancing but until then go McCree, he's much more effective once you get your aim up to snuff.
The new aim option with less aim smoothing makes Soldier even better on ps.

OW is also my first shooter on console and Pharah is not really a problem

It also feels like your sensitivity was really slow, as well as your crosshair movements
05/02/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Bhagwad
Whenever someone complains about Pharah, they say "Use Soldier 76, problem solved". Here's a short video where Pharah was dominating our team, and I switched to S76 to kill her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oceYE0C6osI (1m 41s) .

As you can see, she kills me three times in a row, even though Soldier is supposed to counter Pharah.

Other heroes don't have problems killing their counters like this. For example:

1. A bad Bastion can kill an excellent Winston
2. A bad Symmetra can kill an excellent Genji
3. A bad Winston can kill an excellent Hanzo/Sombra etc.

My problem with Pharah is that Soldier 76 doesn't "counter" her the way other heroes kill those they are supposed to counter.

This is not the evidence you are looking for. Move along.
LMAO, well played, TotD

edit: i watched to the end to see if the pharah teabags you, sadly not...
edit: Ok, apparently I'm the only one that thought this was a troll thread and the video was intentionally bad. To the OP, try playing DVA as a Pharah counter instead of 76 or McCree. Fly up and punch that b!tch in the face and shoot her a little, land on high ground and shoot from there, protect your teammates from her, etc... DVA is a great Pharah counter imo
05/02/2017 05:03 PMPosted by EvilOak27
05/02/2017 04:59 PMPosted by DaSlipryBuff

I'm on PS4 and I have no problems shooting Pharah.

I think the problem is some people don't play very many FPS where you have to hit a moving target in the air.

All those hours spent shooting banshees out of the sky in Halo have come in handy.

Have you watch your own video? You do have problems hitting pharaoh out of sky