Why are all the forums these days full of downvoting?

General Discussion
It seems like if you don't agree with the popular opinion / you say something slightly in your opinion or in your experiences, you get downvoted. It's angering as hell, if you even express your thoughts or feelings about a particular aspect such as team comps, heroes, etc you get shut down instantly, even in game.

It sucks major !@#.

Almost every new post I see on the forums, the OP is downvoted, seemingly without those people actually taking a minute to read what the OP is saying.

Preparing to get downvoted even for this post.
I'd plug my latest thread here, but I think it's more opinionated than most victim threads of this phenomenon, so I won't.

This is, however, an issue. Not much we can do about it, though.
Because when someone doesn't like your opinion, yet can't offer anything to counter your opinion, they downvote instead.
Sheep mentality really...
Witch Mercy is okay at best
Wow why don't people arbitrarily click the thumbs up on my post that most people disagree with. It just doesn't make any sense.
Holding handy right,
Want upvote...
Don't want stretch fingers....
Down vote right under thumb.....
That's that.
04/28/2017 01:21 AMPosted by StratoCirrus

Some love invitations like this.

It's a Downvote Crisis on these forums.
Mob mentality wins again.

This time it's proving the thread right by downvoting in rebellion, though.
Why are you so offended over downvotes? I'd rather have 20 downvotes and 10 replies than 100 upvotes and 1 reply.

As for downvotes that don't make sense,there seems to be someone who downvotes just to be different on a lot of posts... I think this is a blizzard thing. I've seen the same thing on the heroes forum.
Because it dont matter if your correct or not, if someone find it "offensive" towards their playstyle or their way of looking on the game, they are gone downvote. That's why someone should never really care about downvotes, they literally mean nothing here. If i say i dont like how bastion work in the game, it's gone upset bastion mains (i've seen a couple out there). Or if i say i dont like how pharahmercy works in the game, pharahs are gone downvote, people who agree are gone upvote.
It seems like if you don't agree with the popular opinion / you say something slightly in your opinion or in your experiences, you get downvoted. It's angering as hell, if you even express your thoughts or feelings about a particular aspect such as team comps, heroes, etc you get shut down instantly, even in game.

It sucks major !@#.

Almost every new post I see on the forums, the OP is downvoted, seemingly without those people actually taking a minute to read what the OP is saying.

simple.... if you post BS, you get downvote. if you came to whine and Q Q like a pubescent child....you got flamed.
Ignorance, cognitive dissonance, unwillingness to consider alternate worldviews.

04/28/2017 01:31 AMPosted by Xoxin
Why are you so offended over downvotes? I'd rather have 20 downvotes and 10 replies than 100 upvotes and 1 reply.

I'd rather have actual replies intelligently outlining why they disagree instead of people hit-and-running with the downvote button out of intellectual cowardice.

See: This response where I intelligently outline why I disagree.
People are bad at making arguments but also want to signal that they disapprove of the thing that they are unable to make an effective argument against.
04/28/2017 01:23 AMPosted by Champ
I'd plug my latest thread here, but I think it's more opinionated than most victim threads of this phenomenon, so I won't.

Well if it's any consolation I agree with the premise of that thread. Support mains aren't entitled to praise just for being supports.
04/28/2017 01:32 AMPosted by Sorrowstick

It sucks major !@#.

simple.... if you post BS, you get downvote. if you came to whine and Q Q like a pubescent child....you got flamed.

This is completely true, but at the same time completely wrong. You can get downvotes for just disagreeing with popular opinion regardless of how mature you are while posting your point. For example when D.va was nerfed a few months back, if you made ANY mention to how she might have deserved it or gave other ways she could be changed to make her slightly better you would get downvoted into oblivion. Same goes for talking about Soldier, Genji and a few others who had significant changes.

The majority of players aren't here to discuss unfortunately, they're here for confirmation bias. If anybody goes against their bias they will just downvote them, and it's contagious.
Because if someone dislikes the post, he presses "dislike". It is not "disagree".
Came here just to downvote this thread.
Because It reflects the Overwatch community. Angry, salty. looking for something to hate on.

:p (Not all players obviously, but a damn lot of them!)