Ps4 Vs Xbox1

General Discussion
Hello community,

i just recently swtiched to Ps4 from Xbox1, and my aiming plus reaction timing has signifiatly decreased. Yet, when i go back to play on xbox i stop having these issue's ( I.E the lag delay for Hanzo's arrow). Why?

If anyone has any insight on this, it would help or advice.
It may be because of the different controllers.
04/19/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Miravad
Hello community,

i just recently swtiched to Ps4 from Xbox1, and my aiming plus reaction timing has signifiatly decreased. Yet, when i go back to play on xbox i stop having these issue's ( I.E the lag delay for Hanzo's arrow). Why?

Xbox has different controllers
04/19/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Dafonz
It may be because of the different controllers.
Yeah. I usually play on PS4 where the thumb sticks are symmetrical. Because they're offset on the XBox controllers, it always feels wonky in my hands when I'm playing on friends' XBoxes.
You switched from one console to another. Curious, why didn't you switch to PC instead?
Personally I think the Xbox controllers feel a little more natural, with the asymmetrical thumbsticks. Did you make sure the sensitivity on PS4 is the same as you were using on Xbox? Although both console versions are supposed to be very similar spec-wise, they may not play exactly the same. You may just have to go though a period of adjustment.
04/19/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Blam320
You switched from one console to another. Curious, why didn't you switch to PC instead?

I have it on all 3, but simply because my friends and family are spread out between systems.
ps4 sticks are a tiny bit stiffer. Could try turning sensitivity up a little.
I believe what most of have said is true. I guess i just have to put more time into playing and adjust to the new controller. Just wanted to be sure there wasn't any major techinal issues that I wasn't aware of that could play a role in this.

And why downvote a thread asking for insight? that's silly.
Switch the TV to game mode and you should experience that you aren't behind when you shoot things anymore. Though, switch to PC and you won't experience anything but improvement >;)
There's some really weird technical stuff the standard Xbox One controller does to joystick sensitivity. Something something input as a curve something something. Essentially with the Xbox One joysticks if you hold a direction for almost a second it'll actually accelerate a bit.

I'm bad at explaining this so I'll try a second way. If you tap your stick to the left at 20 sensitivity, you'll look left with the strength of 10 or 15 sensitivity. But if you hold that direction for up to a second it'll be moving at around 25 or 30 sensitivity. It all works out even but essentially snap aiming on Xbox is a bit slower while a long turn averages out to the same speed.
04/19/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Miravad
Hello community,

do you use another source on your tv? if you have your source not on gaming mode and rather vivid or any other mode, there is always this little delay that !@#$s things up in First Person Shooters.