Banning people for throwing in QP

General Discussion
or remove the leaver penalty. Is QP a serious game mode or not, decide blizzard
well seeing as how you can be a silver player going against a grand master I don't think it's serious
You shouldn't have high expectations for qp. People almost never take that mode seriously.
04/19/2017 04:12 PMPosted by Zolicon
well seeing as how you can be a silver playing going against a grand master I don't think it's serious

Then why am i not allowed to leave?
04/19/2017 04:14 PMPosted by GoldEXP
well seeing as how you can be a silver playing going against a grand master I don't think it's serious

Because 4 v 6 kills the fun.

Don't kill the fun, OP.
04/19/2017 04:17 PMPosted by WarriorDM

Because 4 v 6 kills the fun.

Don't kill the fun, OP.

Oh i see but people literally not playing DOESN'T kill the fun? How about instead of actively enabling griefers we actually ban them and/or give people the ability to avoid them? Instead of sitting on our hands and letting quick play become worse and worse, actually address the issue.
We really need AVOID player on team for all game modes.
There are some douches that have nothing better to do but troll in an online game.

You can. The penalty is only an XP penalty (not a suspension like comp) and only if you quit more than 3-5 in a 10-15 game stretch.

Hardly anything to concern yourself with.
Get behind my barrier and you won't have much of a problem.
04/19/2017 04:23 PMPosted by Ronin0ni

You can. The penalty is only an XP penalty (not a suspension like comp) and only if you quit more than 3-5 in a 10-15 game stretch.

So then I am not allowed to leave. If the game mode is not serious and we aren't going to punish people for throwing, why should i be forced against my will to stay in a game with people who are throwing?

Social contract when you queue up for a team game to not cut bait and bail out on your team or the 6 players on the other team. Why should someone else queue up looking for a 100% start to end round of QP and get your 30% left overs?

If anything the punishment for leaving QP should be harsher to drive home it's not acceptable behavior. Maybe it would help with the leaver problem in comp if people saw it was never ok to leave games.

I have no sympathy for anyone on this issues. I have 4k+ QP rounds played, never even gotten the leaver warning never mind a punishment. Still have a winning record over all, even if that's not really a big deal in QP. Yet it just sort of shoots holes in the idea that one needs to leave QP games.
04/19/2017 04:26 PMPosted by GoldEXP

So then I am not allowed to leave. If the game mode is not serious and we aren't going to punish people for throwing, why should i be forced against my will to stay in a game with people who are throwing?
Genuinely throwing is a reportable offense. I just get the feeling that your definition of throwing is playing heroes you don't like.
well seeing as how you can be a silver player going against a grand master I don't think it's serious

Oh and you can't forget the lovely 6 man Bronze players ranging from levels 1-5 vs 6 man GM players with decked out Prestige portraits.
If quickplay is serious why do I have 4+ DPS every game.

^ this is what i tell everyone .... i leave games all the time. qp is fun and a lot less stressful knowing that if i dont like the game, match or team comp ... i cna always requeue into the chance of something i like.

also, side note ... i leave based off of map choice more than anything. i like all the maps, but it would be nice to have a better map rotation so i dont have to play the same 3 maps over and over