Mercy Main, Finally Hit Top 500, Everyone is Toxic

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
04/29/2017 01:53 AMPosted by Bustar
Its not like they are wrong. Sorry but the game will be much better without this cancer hero being around.

Says the hog main...
04/29/2017 05:40 AMPosted by LagGrenade
Thing is, they're very often useful, but seriously if Rein can't play Winston or Ana can't play Zen then I'm not a fan

Thing is, if nobody is willing to play Winston or Zen, they shouldn't be kvetching about Rein or Ana not wanting to play it. I'm almost to the point where I stop healing people who cry about needing a Mercy, yet never play healer. Almost.
I've seen people that main 1 hero stream their own suicide in bronze. Good to know things calm down in higher ranks.
Yep, the higher you go the more people expect Ana/Lucio in every game.

I have a few Mercy main friends and some of them are really hard to kill (skill), while others just try to group with good DPS (boosted).
Thanks for your comments everyone. My goal in overwatch is to be the best Mercy, not the best overall player.

I'm a firm believer Mercy works with every comp. She is a misplayed hero, all the way up.

In my 2nd last game before hitting top 500, I played against several well known top 500 players, they ran: Winston, Genji, and Tracer, and guess who they chased around the whole game, which was on KotH? My team initially made some of the comments above, but by the end of the game (an epic reverse sweep) I had 20 rezes and every vote on my card. I think Calvin, abilities, and Jolsow streamed that match last night if you want to check it out.
I recruited them to fight the infection!
Join today:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754407299#post-17

But seriously, I mean, come on... same rank FFS! Why do people not understand this?!?
Everybody needs the supports.
But nobody supports the supports.
04/29/2017 08:01 AMPosted by BadAnaJama

As a support main... this, so much this.
The entire cast being viable is so terrible. The egos of some people my goodness. Loving the 'will not swap' strawman though.
04/29/2017 07:55 AMPosted by HiddenSquid

I'm a firm believer Mercy works with every comp. She is a misplayed hero, all the way up.

I agree with this.

Ran Mercy and Zen in our dive comp recently and it worked well on every map.
04/29/2017 08:17 AMPosted by ys0serious
04/29/2017 08:01 AMPosted by BadAnaJama

As a support main... this, so much this.

Half of your job as support is staying alive. It's one thing to call out for help on a specific target, but too many supports just die then have a hissy fit and say things like, "If you guys aren't going to protect me, I won't heal you". Be specific and learn to evade and hide.
problem is that for every decent mercy player, there's 300 !@#$ty ones that ruin the ladder.

i think roughly 50-60% of my losses are due to onetrick mercy mains.
Honestly, there needs to be a character of the month that everyone hates. (See: Reaper, Genji, D. Va, Bastion and now Mercy)
04/29/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Tankz
i think roughly 50-60% of my losses are due to onetrick mercy mains.

I guess even high-ranked players whine about how their team (of equal SR) sucks.
I uninstalled this game because i cant handle this community, It's literal !@#$ing dog%^-* and every single game i have to leave voice because of how bad it is. Blizzard needs to police this game more strictly.
Probbally wont be top 500 for long.
People in Top 500/GM throw for the purpose of making mercy mains go down in rank
04/29/2017 04:55 AMPosted by LawrencTider
Top 500 players should stop complaining. They are the top, and they think they have it bad?

Man you are actually retarded
Learn to play other heroes.
04/29/2017 03:23 AMPosted by Automagic
04/29/2017 02:12 AMPosted by Rocketboom
One tricks who never ever swaps are hated generally in this game so

Strange, I do not ever see people getting up in arms about Reinhardt or RH one tricks, or even Ana ones. Funny how the same people who talk all that !@#$ beg for Rez, and don't seem to mind a losing match turning into a winning one just from the play of a single hero.

Just more people trying to control how they want the game to be played. This casual arena shooter is serious business.
When people complain about rein I will show you my unicorn in my bedroom.... Of course people will never complain about s tier heroes.
04/29/2017 10:35 AMPosted by polishpimp
04/29/2017 03:23 AMPosted by Automagic

Strange, I do not ever see people getting up in arms about Reinhardt or RH one tricks, or even Ana ones. Funny how the same people who talk all that !@#$ beg for Rez, and don't seem to mind a losing match turning into a winning one just from the play of a single hero.

Just more people trying to control how they want the game to be played. This casual arena shooter is serious business.
When people complain about rein I will show you my unicorn in my bedroom.... Of course people will never complain about s tier heroes.

Just exposing that it isn't about being a 'one-trick'. It is only because people don't like playing against Rez, and want only six heroes to be viable.