Nobody likes to play support, why?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
05/01/2017 12:37 AMPosted by BeastMermaid
05/01/2017 12:36 AMPosted by SamiSha
The only reason I play Mercy so I can shove knives inside their chest, see them bleed, make them god to everything except knock back, do surgeries in there chests, tell them that rib cages grow up. (No they don't)

What forum am I again??

Later.
I HAVE NO IDEA :D
05/01/2017 12:05 AMPosted by Kei
Press left click, right click, hide and press Q. Repeat.
Boring.

Soldier: Press right click, press left click, occassionally shift or e. press q.

Kind of sounds boring as well.

It's almost as if watering everyone down to the buttons you use to play a hero is a really bad way of making them sound interesting.

Also, no wonder you find mercy boring, you're not using the most fun parts of her kit, her ability to fly, and her rather high damage pistol.
What cracks me up is this:

"Waaaahhh, nobody plays support, doing the ninny job is boooring, what's the point of playing support if you can't kill all the dudes?"
*Lucio gets buffed so good Lucios can kill all the dudes*
"NERF THE SUPPORTS!!!! They're not SUPPOSED to do that much damage!!!"

Like, guys.

Which is it, now.
I personally love playing Mercy. She's so versatile, so dinamic, I have a weight on my shoulders. Also, I find maddening to playing dps. I mean, I'm never actually with my team, I feel alone. I don't actually like playing dps, I play it only to be able to get out of bronze. But, my favorite role will always be support
Everyone wants to be a ninja
05/01/2017 01:05 AMPosted by HANA

And 90% aren't even that good. But "KEWWL CYBORG NINJAAAAAAA"

Blizzard NEEDS to do something about the "kewl" characters that don't actually contribute.
05/01/2017 01:07 AMPosted by BeastMermaid
05/01/2017 01:05 AMPosted by HANA

And 90% aren't even that good. But "KEWWL CYBORG NINJAAAAAAA"

Blizzard NEEDS to do something about the "kewl" characters that don't actually contribute.

Same with all arrogant Mercy/support heros who demanded to be protected 24/7 and they have no situational awareness or bad in positioning themselves.
OP is absolutely correct. It's extremely boring to play a healer, not to mention demoralizing when your team sucks. I never play healer.
05/01/2017 01:11 AMPosted by LoveMuffin
OP is absolutely correct. It's extremely boring to play a healer, not to mention demoralizing when your team sucks. I never play healer.

True, I love playing DPS, especially Widow l. Only Ana have the same excitement to play with.
05/01/2017 12:36 AMPosted by SamiSha
The only reason I play Mercy so I can shove knives inside their chest, see them bleed, make them god to everything except knock back, do surgeries in there chests, tell them that rib cages grow up. (No they don't)

Fun fact: ribs can actually grow back.

Also please stop letting your bird play in people's chest cavities.
Level 6 guy , have 0 minutes on QP nor Competitive. Only played against AI and speaking. Wow this is new level of low.
Speak for yourself. I prefer playing support over any other role. it's much funner to play heros that can do more than put up a shield or shoot things in head.
05/01/2017 01:20 AMPosted by LuciferM
Speak for yourself. I prefer playing support over any other role. it's much funner to play heros that can do more than put up a shield or shoot things in head.

Being a healbot is fun...suuurrreee.
05/01/2017 01:21 AMPosted by Kei
05/01/2017 01:20 AMPosted by LuciferM

Being a healbot is fun...suuurrreee.

And yet when supports objectively become more than "healbots", the DPS "boom headshot" crowd calls for nerfs.

Make up your !@#$ing mind.
04/30/2017 10:25 PMPosted by Kei
Because most of the support heros are boring to play with and less engaging than DPS heros. Only Ana and Zen are the best among the support heros. Mercy/Lucio/Sym are less engaging and meh to play with.

Not really, it's just that supporting/healing (and tanking) in itself is not for anyone in video games. The same way most football players originally aim to become the ones scroring not the one preventing the goals.

What I wish is for Blizzard to include a support utility category where they would put Symmetra/Torbjorn + futur heroes and tune them in the way that the second support can be one of these utility over a second healer because these heroes are far funnier to play for the people not that interested in supporting but have to pick a second support because everyone picked a dps. They should also add more Bruisers like roadhog (without the one shot mechanic)
Ana - Fun. Healing/debuffing with her and bullying those damned Pharas is great fun. Also, her ult is amazing.
Lucio - In his new form he's fun, but challenging to play. His old form was just boring passive gameplay.
Zen - Meh. Fun to play, but also a real easy target for many enemy heroes due to his lack of mobility.
Sym - Hateful little... hero. Sorry, but holding the left MB, placing some turrets and a boring af ult (although powerful) is not my cup of tea.
Mercy - Boring af. Any hero where you have to hold the mouse button and not have to aim, is crossed off my list of heroes to play. Some people disagree, but that's why we have opinions.

Though, the worst thing about support is that you will get focused down against any team with two braincells.
05/01/2017 01:29 AMPosted by POOĦŋ
04/30/2017 10:25 PMPosted by Kei
Because most of the support heros are boring to play with and less engaging than DPS heros. Only Ana and Zen are the best among the support heros. Mercy/Lucio/Sym are less engaging and meh to play with.

Not really, it's just that supporting/healing (and tanking) in itself is not for anyone in video games. The same way most football players originally aim to become the ones scroring not the one preventing the goals.

What I wish is for Blizzard to include a support utility category where they would put Symmetra/Torbjorn + futur heroes and tune them in the way that the second support can be one of these utility over a second healer because these heroes are far funnier to play for the people not that interested in supporting but have to pick a second support because everyone picked a dps. They should also add more Bruisers like roadhog (without the one shot mechanic)

Agreed.
Im a healer but *clicks pistol*
The actual reason is most people don't enjoy getting yelled at by neckbeards because you aren't babysitting them specifically.
*mousewheels between Mercy's staff and pistol and laughs maniacally*

It's weird I'm seeing this thing about no one wanting to play supports when I just had a few solid hours where I got to play D.Va more than usual because we already had what we needed support-wise before I choose my character.

Like, I started to believe that thread about Mercy mains being contagious just a little.