A Recommendation for Custom Games

General Discussion
There are alot of people who want to play old events such as Lucio Ball, or Jukenstiens Revenge. I was thinking Blizzard could add a preset to custom games that allowed a user to play a event like this, or even change to their personal preferend, (i.e making Jukenstein do more damage). I really hope a dev could see this so Blizzard can consider this. Thank you for stopping by!
For Uprising, we had two stretch goals:

One was to allow "All Heroes" to play the event. It might not seem hard but there were a lot of edge case/bug fixes for us to handle.

The other goal was to put Uprising into Custom Game during the event. There were enough challenges technically with doing this that we ended up not achieving this goal.

We might someday make Seasonal Events available when the events are not running, but for now, it's not a priority due to the technical challenge. We also do like keeping the events rare and special... (I know people hate when I say that...)
Papa Jeff!
04/20/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

One was to allow "All Heroes" to play the event. It might not seem hard but there were a lot of edge case/bug fixes for us to handle.

The other goal was to put Uprising into Custom Game during the event. There were enough challenges technically with doing this that we ended up not achieving this goal.

We might someday make Seasonal Events available when the events are not running, but for now, it's not a priority due to the technical challenge. We also do like keeping the events rare and special... (I know people hate when I say that...)

Does this confirm no more Uprising after the event? Sad blarney is sad

Wait so does that mean there is going to only x amount of events that have the same gamemode every year? I'm really concerned that fan favorites like lucioball and junkenstiens revenge will become stale

Some people might hate it when you say that but it's always something to hope for!
I like how this topic got ignored for a lil' while but as soon as Papa Jeff posts everybody's drawn to it.

alright I get making it to have all the same options to change the rules being to hard but is it really that hard to just add the regular game as an option?
04/20/2017 03:55 PMPosted by Notte
I like how this topic got ignored for a lil' while but as soon as Papa Jeff posts everybody's drawn to it.

Jeff commenting on a thread makes it more popular, more breaking news at 11
Oh, no more Uprising after the event?

Bye Overwatch see you next event
If you know we hate it why do it?

Please keep Uprising. It has gotten way better feedback than ctf and it would get you a lot of love from the community that has been let down by you(Blizzard) (justifiably and unjustifiably) recently.

This isn't seasonal. It isn't related to a holiday, this is a lore-based event that should absolutely be permanent. We have been asking for pve like this since the beginning.

Get rid of the skins, sprays, and achievements from the mode, but keep the mode. Please.
04/20/2017 03:58 PMPosted by keesie
If you know we hate it why do it?
"We Know What You Want And You Don't"
04/20/2017 03:57 PMPosted by blarneystone
04/20/2017 03:55 PMPosted by Notte

Jeff commenting on a thread makes it more popular, more breaking news at 11

All I'm saying is, the post got ignored for a good 20 minutes. Usually threads like these can attract at least some kind of attention.

Please respond I've been asking for so long :( are the summer games skins returning this summer???
04/20/2017 04:05 PMPosted by Tracer

Please respond I've been asking for so long :( are the summer games skins returning this summer???
Yes, I believe jeff said this somewhere. If not then the buying summer event skins bugs are going to need a ton of explaining

I agree with you Jeff. It is best to leave these events rare because that's what adds to their value. Maybe once in a while make like a week or two event where you can play all the games, but otherwise keep it separated.

I appreciate the response! As much as I would LOVE the idea of continuing to play these events, I have to understand and respect the development challenges that would need to be overcome for such a thing to be a reality. Especially given how unique each event plays.
Will there be a massive amount of regular skin/emote/etc. packs added in that can be available any time vs. all of the new content being only available during events?
Just replace the Uprising Mode with that trash CTF mode. CTF mode will never ever suited in OW.