Who I get Killed by Playing as Pharah (Data Collection)

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Well, seeing all these threads talking about how hard it is to kill a Pharah, how there are no counters, how none of the hero roster is able to fill a role of killing a Pharah and so on so forth; I decided as a Pharah player I'd back up my repeated claims on posts that we can indeed be killed, and be killed by just about everything.

For skill reference, I have about a little over 72 hours of playtime as Pharah, I have a 3043 SR in Competitive, my Overbuff stats place me at 63rd percentile among Pharah players, my winrate is 52% with a 57% as Pharah, and my E/D ratio is 2.17. If anyone would like any more info, I will be happy to include it. Not bragging or boasting of course, just showing where I stand.

I have here a list that will continue to update as to how many times I have been killed by a specific hero, games played and wins and losses. This does not factor the method killed by, game mode played, hero damage assist or gameplay whatsoever. Though I am only recording deaths in QP and in Comp, and for data's sake I will be consistent in my personal gameplay, no slacking on my end, no purposefully putting myself in harms way (well sort of, to maximize Pharah's efficiency I do make myself a target, hint hint). This list is simply a record of how many times I get killed by heroes, it's not meant to make any claims (other than that I can in fact be killed *gasp*) and is meant more as a fun little chart.

~DISCLAIMERs~
- List only reflects FINAL BLOWS, assists do not count
- List does not take hero frequency into account (updated later if I do)
- Comp and QP MMRs are skewed and not proportionate
- List does not include cause of death, only that death has occured
- I am a PC player, so list does not reflect Console data
- List is indicative of what heroes I die by most, this does not reflect other players' experiences
- Only full games are recorded. Fresh matches mean unbiased statistics.

UPDATED: 5/7/2017 1:16 AM EST

Games Played (so far) - 83
Games Won - 41
Games Lost - 42

Ana - 19 ----- 3%
Bastion - 17 ----- 3%
D.Va - 20 ----- 3%
Genji - 56 ----- 9%
Hanzo - 17 ----- 3%
Junkrat - 14 ----- 2%
Lucio - 14 ----- 2%
McCree - 100 ----- 16%
Mei - 7 ----- 1%
Mercy - 1 ----- -1%
Orisa - 13 ----- 2%
Pharah - 18 ----- 3%
Reaper - 5 ----- 1%
Reinhardt - 5 ----- 1%
Roadhog - 34 ----- 5%
Soldier 76 - 88 ----- 14%
Sombra - 6 ----- 1%
Symmetra - 4 ----- 1%
Torbjorn - 12 ----- 2%
Tracer - 28 ----- 4%
Widowmaker - 86 ----- 13%
Winston - 24 ----- 4%
Zarya - 11 ----- 2%
Zen - 10 ----- 2%
Myself - 20 ----- 3%

TOTAL DEATHS: 638
Average Deaths per game: 7.69

*Percentages will be updated every 10 games. Starting at 50*

In doing this I also hope to update this list to include ways to counter Pharah players, strategies to use and heroes to choose to combat those pesky Pharah players. I'm basically a turncoat here folks, I'm going to tell you our weaknesses and best possible ways to take us out. So no whining that "sure those methods work in theory, but not in practice" because yes, they actually do work in practice, I'm a Pharah main and have been on the receiving end of those methods.

Edit: Bump alert, in order to keep this list relevant, I will probably resort to "creative procrastinated responses".

Vanagandr has put together a phenomenal thread detailing strengths and weaknesses of Pharah as well as comparisons and strategies to defeat players using her. It's a long read, but HIGHLY recommended.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754546849

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THREAD IS NOT BEING UPDATED
If anyone is interested, I am also doing another data collection thread on QP matchmaking and the ranks I get matched with. Unlike this thread though, I am trying to prove a point with this other one: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754496621

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Data Collection) Who Kills me Most Playing as Pharah?
GENERAL DISCUSSION

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757567414?page=1

Newest Thread Results: (Updated list info, this is a much less in depth list):

HERO LIST

Last Updated: 7/15/2017 6:20 PM

Ana - 1
Bastion - 11
D.Va - 7
Genji - 11
Hanzo - 10
Lucio - 3
Junkrat -
McCree - 30
Mei -
Mercy - 3
Orisa - 2
Pharah - 7
Reaper - 4
Reinhardt - 2
Roadhog - 9
Soldier 76 - 27
Sombra - 11
Symmetra - 2
Torbjorn - 7
Tracer - 10
Widowmaker - 27
Winston - 5
Zarya - 4
Zenyatta - 8
Myself - 3

Average Deaths -

Games Won - 15
Games Lost - 11
Games Played - 26

She fluttered infront of me and I punched her and she died.

Very satisfying as a Junkrat player. I was on a roof. I'm pretty positive the player was still learning though.
04/26/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Kostcht
She fluttered infront of me and I punched her and she died.

This alone made me laugh, man no kidding those are such satisfying kills.

04/26/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Kostcht
Very satisfying as a Junkrat player. I was on a roof. I'm pretty positive the player was still learning though.

Well not always, I get killed in ridiculous ways all the time, it's more about gamesense or the lack there of in certain cases.
How has a Symmetra not had the good sense to see a Pharah and to place some turrets up high? Ive killed a lot of Pharah's as Symmetra.
Maybe I'm the only zen that likes to snipe pharahs lol.
04/26/2017 08:35 PMPosted by Sinzh
How has a Symmetra not had the good sense to see a Pharah and to place some turrets up high? Ive killed a lot of Pharah's as Symmetra.

I've been killed by a lot of Sym's too! Just not at this point in time
I took out a lot of Pharahs today as DVa. :-) Ya, gittin' gudder.
04/26/2017 08:38 PMPosted by Sanzen

Actually, Zen is a fantastic counter. And personally my second choice hero if I don't use Pharah is a Zen, being a projectile hero instead of a hitscan he is much easier to switch to and utilize correctly.
04/26/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Trand0

Actually, Zen is a fantastic counter. And personally my second choice hero if I don't use Pharah is a Zen, being a projectile hero instead of a hitscan he is much easier to switch to and utilize correctly.

And he also has no mobility and dies in 2 hits.

Missed zen ball = 0 damage

Missed rocket 30-80 damage
Surprised 0 D.va
04/26/2017 08:56 PMPosted by Sedulant
Surprised 0 D.va

I'm 10 games in, give it some time.

Myself - 3

Counter found! We need more pillars to block pharas ult so she kills herself.
You really haven't been killed by Winston?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Zen - 20 rounds, 2.5 shots/second, 46/60 (discord) damage, no drop off - all shots landed 920/1200 damage
Pharah - 6 rounds, 1 shot/second, 120/30-80 damage, no drop off - all shots landed 720 damage

Sorry to break it to you Raze, but Zen is a damage powerhouse compared to Pharah, the maths don't lie. Sanzen knows it.

04/26/2017 09:09 PMPosted by DoctorLobo

I'm going to post another disclaimer, I've come close in fact by many of the heroes that don't have any kills, but I don't count assists only final blow.
04/26/2017 09:10 PMPosted by Trand0

Zen - 20 rounds, 2.5 shots/second, 46/60 (discord) damage, no drop off - all shots landed 920/1200 damage
Pharah - 6 rounds, 1 shot/second, 120/30-80 damage, no drop off - all shots landed 720 damage

Zen can crank out damage like none other if you choose to use it, Sanzen knows it.

04/26/2017 09:09 PMPosted by DoctorLobo

I'm going to post another disclaimer, I've come close in fact by many of the heroes that don't have any kills, but I don't count assists only final blow.

Okay, fair enough. He's good at doing some damage to her, but he often has difficulty finishing her off alone.
04/26/2017 09:19 PMPosted by DoctorLobo
Okay, fair enough. He's good at doing some damage to her, but he often has difficulty finishing her off alone.

Well yes, Zen is not going to be your #1 choice for a 1v1, this would be suicide. But I have used Zen in the past to put the pressure on, especially if one player is Zen and there is a hitscan. Between the two of you, you are making that Pharah's life a living hell. Even if you don't kill her, keeping her hidden and sparingly used is the next best thing. Disrupting the disruptor is an excellent strategy.
Great post with data. Looking forward to more updates.

I will say that is one of the most important things a Zen should be trying to do.
Any data is better than no data, so kudos to you for the endeavor. However, I must say that without knowing the frequency of the champions in the game, there is no way to know if the kills they have achieved are as meaningful as they appear (3 kills by sombra is far more significant if she only appeared in one game rather than 10).
04/26/2017 08:21 PMPosted by Trand0

Junkrat - 1

But how ????????????