Add health packs to 3v3

General Discussion
3v3 is a nice mode which I spend much time with but I think the missing health packs make op chars like soldier or roadhog even more op. On console you see a Roadhog in 5 out of 7 rounds. Whenever there are 2 people alive at the end one of every team and one of them is the hog or soldier its just a question of time untill the hog or 76 wins because of his infinite healing. Thoughts?
More draws? No thanks
It would have to be placed in the center of the map or something to be a risk to get but rewardful, and it'll probably should be a small one, not a mega, so the mode doesn't become territorial around the health pack
good plan, sombra will be much more fun to play
3v3 would be completely dead then
People don't want 24/7 draws
A better solution would be to half self-heals. Makes healers still useful, but makes Soldier/Hog less infuriating to engage.
Well, sombra would become good on them, characters with self heals would become indirectly worse, and healers would be less common. I has it's pros but also it's cons.
The biggest concern would be fast mobility heroes never dying. People like genji and tracer would just hide and pot shot till you died. Why commit to a fight when I can play laser tag and heal up
The only problem is that this wouldn't​solve the problem presented.

Roadhog and 76 would still be self-healing gods, and would also have access to that health pack, making them both just as strong, if not stronger, in 3v3.
What is preventing said Soldier and Roadhog from getting the healthpack on top of their healing abilities?

Suddenly having a healthpack on the map would make them much more common, not the reverse, specially Soldier who could potentially sprint all day to get the healthpack with little effort.

People need to be more careful with what they wish for.
how about putting the health packs in the spawn rooms but you can only heal with your enemy's health pack?
04/21/2017 05:43 AMPosted by Saint
What is preventing said Soldier and Roadhog from getting the healthpack on top of their healing abilities?

Suddenly having a healthpack on the map would make them much more common, not the reverse, specially Soldier who could potentially sprint all day to get the healthpack with little effort.

People need to be more careful with what they wish for.
So we should give genji a zero % chance of getting healed and soldier a 100% chance instead of giving genji a 50% chance?
04/21/2017 05:28 AMPosted by Eota
The biggest concern would be fast mobility heroes never dying. People like genji and tracer would just hide and pot shot till you died. Why commit to a fight when I can play laser tag and heal up
and now selfhealing DPS's ate never dying is that better?
04/21/2017 04:22 AMPosted by NOTKrusher99
More draws? No thanks
oh yeah why should we have draws if we could let the soldier or roadhog just win because he has infinite heal
How bout they add more maps?
04/21/2017 04:12 AMPosted by Nicolas53401
3v3 is a nice mode which I spend much time with but I think the missing health packs make op chars like soldier or roadhog even more op. On console you see a Roadhog in 5 out of 7 rounds. Whenever there are 2 people alive at the end one of every team and one of them is the hog or soldier its just a question of time untill the hog or 76 wins because of his infinite healing. Thoughts?

We tried the mode with health packs originally and it caused a lot of fleeing behavior that felt contrary to what elimination is all about. We tried having them on fast respawn, slow respawn as well as no respawn but it always felt like the health packs were too much of a primary gameplay driver rather than the pure combat which feels like what the mode should be focused on.

With that said, we plan to add health pack options to Custom Game so that you can enable them for elimination modes. If we see that the community is playing a high amount of elimination Custom Games with those health packs enabled, we'll reconsider our stance.

Also, coming soon... we are redoing the "sudden death" mechanic in elimination to prevent fleeing and turtling and reduce the number of draws. More info on that will be revealed soon.
04/21/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
04/21/2017 04:12 AMPosted by Nicolas53401

We tried the mode with health packs originally and it caused a lot of fleeing behavior that felt contrary to what elimination is all about. We tried having them on fast respawn, slow respawn as well as no respawn but it always felt like the health packs were too much of a primary gameplay driver rather than the pure combat which feels like what the mode should be focused on.

With that said, we plan to add health pack options to Custom Game so that you can enable them for elimination modes. If we see that the community is playing a high amount of elimination Custom Games with those health packs enabled, we'll reconsider our stance.

Also, coming soon... we are redoing the "sudden death" mechanic in elimination to prevent fleeing and turtling and reduce the number of draws. More info on that will be revealed soon.

Jeff do we get 6v6 no limits back? :)
04/21/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan