Pharah must be addressed, she is ruining the game

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
05/05/2017 10:49 PMPosted by Pelégolas
05/05/2017 10:00 PMPosted by ColdBlood
it's god damn ridiculous that she hasn't been nerfed yet. she is the only hcaracter in the game that DEMANDS an absolute hard counter.
and when a mercy is following her around, with 4 other competent members of her team meaing you cant just blindly focus on the air, whats the point in even playing?
You just need to learn how to play.

you're a !@#$en idiot
...That's absolutely false on all accounts.

I watched Seagulls stream the the other day where he played Pharah and guess what countered him hardcore it was a Dva.

She destroyed him and countered him that much that he had to go off pharah even though he wanted to play her> Of course he lost the mach and queued again.

The next match he took Pharah again but he later on saw that the the same player who took Dva was on the other team again. Like the last game the Dva countered him badly.
Seriously. Thank you. I alrdy know and have known since force forever. So when I see everyone claiming how OP Pharah is when all it takes is 1 character whom Pharah cannot solo nor escape from and is dead weight w/ a Dva whom knows how to play. It becomes extremely frustrating having to debate routinely so many ppl claiming Im either FoS or it's not as drastic domination as I claim. Then Im forced to go into a 16 page report detailing why such is the case and not just my vivid imagination.
It's funny how this post has likes. But every !@#$ing time that I post something I get a bunch of idiots that main said character downvoting my post. Pharah is too %^-*!@# hard to kill at the best of times. I dont even play her, but when I do I usually win because nobody can hit me. I have seen most Pharah mains fly as far away from combat as possible while still engaging and killing everyone on ground. Meanwhile the ground characters damage falls off or doesnt register from so $%^-ing far away. I have had many times where the distance is too much and you still have to worry about the rest of their team shooting at you as you are looking up.
bump
The only thing bad about pharah is her splash damage, it is a bit much, just nerf that and she's fine. Her rockets shouldn't be able to kill someone whom is standing 5+ ft away from it.

Stop exaggerating how strong she is..
05/05/2017 10:07 PMPosted by EpicZephos
two words: Soldier: 76

I get anywhere from 45-50% accuracy on soldier in a game, good Pharahs aren't flying around waiting to be shot. They use terrain to dip in and out. They are a pain in the !@# to kill. You need Soldier, D.va, Zen, Ana to "hard" counter. That's 4 characters. This is what people complain about.
So guys, here's an innocent question - why is Pharah/Pharmercy suddenly a problem?

HEAR ME OUT. This is not meant to be snarky sarcasm. I am genuinely interested in the development here. Pharah has been in the game since day 1, correct? Why exactly is she dominating the game so aggressively now? What changed? Can you break it down for me?

The one thing I KNOW about is the Ana nerf leading to an increase in Mercy. Are there other factors?

Again, no sarcasm.
05/08/2017 02:26 PMPosted by BeastMermaid
So guys, here's an innocent question - why is Pharah/Pharmercy suddenly a problem?

HEAR ME OUT. This is not meant to be snarky sarcasm. I am genuinely interested in the development here. Pharah has been in the game since day 1, correct? Why exactly is she dominating the game so aggressively now? What changed? Can you break it down for me?

The one thing I KNOW about is the Ana nerf leading to an increase in Mercy. Are there other factors?

Again, no sarcasm.

A combination of nerfs to her counters and buffs to her splash dmg + mercy buffs. She has had a gradual ramp up in dominance and it's getting more noticeable with every nerf to her counters. Soldiers dmg was pretty high, so I see why they nerfed it, but I'm even more worried this will put Pharah further into god status (barring a team formation designed to destroy her).

Again, no sarcasm.

Pharah was buffed with pretty major buffs around the time Soldier and D.va were buffed. Since that time, Bastion was buffed, but they lowered his effective range, Ana had her damage flat reduced, and Mccree hasn't been able to deal with Pharah's increased flight times, leaving only Soldier and Widow as actually viable answers, usually needing assistance at that.

Add in Mercy, who saw a surge in use since her recent buff and Ana's nerf, and you have what we call an unhealthy duo.

Again, no sarcasm.

ana was her easiest counter. people fought so hard for her damage nerf well this is what you get
Let me guess, you're upset because you can't do a 1v2?
05/08/2017 02:41 PMPosted by DarthSil

It's more the fact that it takes 4v2 to really hard counter. Unless your Zen and Soldier/McCree are God tier.
git gud
05/05/2017 10:32 PMPosted by ColdBlood
05/05/2017 10:10 PMPosted by ChivasUK
u main Reaper....

and you main mercy. so you probably want pharah to remain stupid so you can just follow them around obediently and get free wins.

see how stupid this arguement is?

His argument is quite sound. You main reaper and complain about phara.... Play D.va and just deny pharah. 1 person making 2 useless while the rest of your team cleans up is pretty simple no? I have 0 problems with pharah to be honest just tap that dm and make pharah garbage for 10+ seconds. If mercy is healing her even better cause now 2 people aren't helping with a team fight.
05/08/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Simplicity
git gud

You main Junkrat, Pharah, and Reaper. I doubt you've ever killed a Pharah in your life. Fascinating.
I agree wth OP she is ridiculous. Having to set your team up to deal with 1 character isn't cool
05/05/2017 10:35 PMPosted by AKs0n
05/05/2017 10:24 PMPosted by SneakySquid
...I think part of the problem is the amount of skill required to counter her compared to the amount of skill required to counter her counters

Like Winston just w+m1 deleting snipers
Dva counters Pharah harder than Winston vs Widow or Reaper vs Winston. So yeah...
so much for "skill"
Yeah right. Lmao. Any puny damage from dva will be out healer by mercy, and mercy can easily out maneuver dva while linked to pharah
05/08/2017 02:45 PMPosted by REEEEEEEEEE
05/08/2017 02:41 PMPosted by DarthSil

It's more the fact that it takes 4v2 to really hard counter. Unless your Zen and Soldier/McCree are God tier.

a godly Zen could take them down by himself

if you can aim at all a discorded mercy in the air is as good as dead
44 hours on Reaper, 22 hours on Junkrat.

Yes, you have no bias against Pharah.

Brilliant.
05/08/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Sourborn
44 hours on Reaper, 22 hours on Junkrat.

Yes, you have no bias against Pharah.

Brilliant.

Well take it from a former pharah player then. She needs some nerfing until they introduce some real counter play for her. Not much nerfing, but a bit