64 elims, 39k dmg, lose 40SR :(

Competitive Discussion
The SR system boggles my mind. Just had 64elims and 39k dmg done as pharah. Lost to a higher SR team in over time and I lose 40SR?

Was not just shooting reins shield. I was getting key picks on the opposing mercy and soldier. Tough luck loss.

Oh well...back on the grind.
Right now the sr system is pretty cancerous. you win a game you get 20-30 sr, you lose one you lose 40+ sr..
Welcome to my life. The newest sr update seems to smite you real good when you carry but it's just not enough
04/19/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Mike
Welcome to my life. The newest sr update seems to smite you real good when you carry but it's just not enough

I have been solo queueing lately due to my SR decaying to 3k and not being able to play with a couple friends in Masters and it has been a terrible experience. In this game only one other person had a mic. He and I did our best to combo rein hammer/pharah barrage. Rest of team would not group up or combo ults.

Might have been the best overall game I have played as Pharah and we barely lost to a higher rated team. I just don't get how they calculate these SR -/+.

Thank you for the confirmation, my expectation was that when W/L streaks were removed anyone that considered themselves to be "carrying hard" would lose around 300 SR.

This is not a criticism just a mathematically reality, if you were able to carry, you would gain more from win streaks, than you would lose from loss streaks, hence the streaks would benefit you to the tune of about 300 SR.

The good news is that it should be a one time adjustment.

The bad news is people who regularly play while drunk, will gain about 300 SR it is basically the opposite affect (they are no longer getting punished by loss streaks).
Idk I lost 3 games and won 2 and had a net gain of 73 SR. I'm not sure if this affects it but I was master and just let my skill rating decay to 3000 so maybe it realizes I should be higher. Still though, 73 SR is a huge gain for losing 1 more game than I won.
04/19/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Fieryfury3
Idk I lost 3 games and won 2 and had a net gain of 73 SR. I'm not sure if this affects it but I was master and just let my skill rating decay to 3000 so maybe it realizes I should be higher. Still though, 73 SR is a huge gain for losing 1 more game than I won.

My understanding is that only SR decays not MMR, so your MMR is still effectively that of a master player, since your so far below your actual rank you will be given huge SR boosts, until you start to close the gap.
you guys asked them to tone down streaks and make sr gain mmr based, you got what you wanted and still find ways to complain.
If you got 64 elims its pretty obvious you weren't shooting reinhardt's shield only.
04/19/2017 11:30 AMPosted by Gibberish

Thank you for the confirmation, my expectation was that when W/L streaks were removed anyone that considered themselves to be "carrying hard" would lose around 300 SR.

This is not a criticism just a mathematically reality, if you were able to carry, you would gain more from win streaks, than you would lose from loss streaks, hence the streaks would benefit you to the tune of about 300 SR.

The good news is that it should be a one time adjustment.

The bad news is people who regularly play while drunk, will gain about 300 SR it is basically the opposite affect (they are no longer getting punished by loss streaks).

I constantly carry, and im finally climbing again +100 since change. i think maybe those who dont pull their weight arent getting as high anymore.
04/19/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Fieryfury3

This pretty much sums up my experience, only I had it other way around. Played 9 games, won 5 lost 4, net SR gian: -1 :(

Although now I think I convinced my MMR because after those games I won 4 out of 7 games and had + 33 SR net gain.

This system is designed to be the least enjoyable it can.
I had one with 67 elims and 41k damage. Lost.

You can't carry every game.
stats are based per minute, so you have to post game length or stats mean nothing.
Your death stat is conspicuously missing.
This guy posts without logically thinking and only complains.

04/04/2017 12:28 PMPosted by lmOldGregg
I typically do not solo-queue because I do not trust random team mates to cooperate. I work a full time job 40-60hrs per week and some weeks I am simply too busy to find time.

I do not feel like my "skill" decays over weeks period. I've been playing FPS games since Golden Eye back on the N64. But for now I am considering to let my SR decay to 3000 and then playing most my games at the end of the season.

You got boosted to masters by the people you used to group up with, but by yourself you're no where near that level.

Thinking that your "skills" stays the same without putting in the time or effort clearly shows your idiocy. Everything decays with time, if you don't stay constantly learning you fall behind because other people will keep improving.
You're probably on a loss streak, only thing that makes sense to me.
04/19/2017 11:16 AMPosted by lmOldGregg
The SR system boggles my mind. Just had 64elims and 39k dmg done as pharah. Lost to a higher SR team in over time and I lose 40SR?

Was not just shooting reins shield. I was getting key picks on the opposing mercy and soldier. Tough luck loss.

Oh well...back on the grind.

You know these numbers you gave doesn't say that much if you lost?

I think you didn't stayed on the objective, walked to much out of position and only made the kills when you're team was dead.

If this is not true, I think you'll need 91 elims (my record) to get a win this way.
How many times did you die? How much support ult/Zarya charge did you feed? How long was the match? How many losses in a row does this make?

All factors to consider in your assessment, which are as someone pointed out, conspicuously missing from your post. You're only highlighting the positive components of your performance.
Did they not remove streaks in console yet?

More importantly, were you drinking Baileys from a shoe?
In these threads, nothing is gained from exaggerating. To the OP, for Phara, in your stats, it states that your best in a game for dmg and elims are 20.8k dmg and 36 elims.

This is meant to sound like I am just trying to be mean, but exaggerating does not help figure out what the actual issues are with SR gain.