Why are the lower ranks treated like they have no voice?

General Discussion
I understand esports is the main focus of a lot of games right now, but plats and diamonds should still be able to put in their 2 cents, rather than relying on your gods of the game to tell you what works in their extremely competitive setting.
Literally anything can work in Plat, its honestly my favorite bracket due to that.

There you go, thread over.
Why did you make a second thread?
When have Blizzard ever balanced based on the high rankings and pro scenes?

Symmetra is an example where she doesn't see much play there because people knows how to fight against her
*Obligatory inb4 youtuber makes a video since blizzard responded this thread*

Here's what i said originally:
From a balance perspective you should only ever listen to the best players, as they are the only ones playing the game to its absolute potential. Lower ranks means less experience and coordination being put into the game so they are not playing at the maximum potential so their experience is skewed to how it should be played.

Take for instance Mei, bad players think shes not a fair hero and too good, when in reality Mei is quite average. Or characters like junkrat, bad players might think Junkrat is overpowered but in reality that is simply due to those characters not being aware of their surroundings and of the enemy.

Lower rank=Worse player and you should never balance a game for those that are bad at it, else you break it exponentially for those that are good.
You remade because you were shutdown before so i'll do it again. Bad players don't play the game to its potential so they don't experience the heroes as they actually are. While good players master hero potential and make the most of it so changes are the most impactful to good players, less so to bad ones.

I'm sorry if I am blunt and insensitive, but you should not take being bad at the game as a negative thing, you have room to improve just as everyone else. It's just at lower ranks you need to improve somewhere else other than blaming a hero or their abilities as the cause for low ranks, it is more accurately determined by both individual skill and team coordination, less on the heroes, more on the player.
05/02/2017 05:59 PMPosted by Keimdhall
Why did you make a second thread?

He mad because bad.
05/02/2017 05:53 PMPosted by Rainbow
I understand esports is the main focus of a lot of games right now, but plats and diamonds should still be able to put in their 2 cents, rather than relying on your gods of the game to tell you what works in their extremely competitive setting.

Shut up scrub

I know it might feel like these forums don't give lower rank players a voice, but rest assured that we look at all ranks equally. We're constantly evaluating feedback -- regardless of skill. Whenever we look at stats we are careful to evaluate on each tier as well as each platform.

Remember, these forums are a very vocal, self-selected community. Don't allow anyone to make you feel like your voice doesn't matter. It matters to us.
Highly Rated
05/02/2017 06:26 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

I know it might feel like these forums don't give lower rank players a voice, but rest assured that we look at all ranks equally. We're constantly evaluating feedback -- regardless of skill. Whenever we look at stats we are careful to evaluate on each tier as well as each platform.

Remember, these forums are a very vocal, self-selected community. Don't allow anyone to make you feel like your voice doesn't matter. It matters to us.
This. This is gud.
Here they come
Any developer worth their salt will consider the full spectrum of each hero's balance. It isn't solely a matter of "balance around the high point as they realize the truest potential of the hero" or "balance around the low point because the common level of play is our bread winner."

It is the next to impossible balancing act, but one Blizzard and any other developer should and will always strive for. Look at where in the spectrum the hero is under or over performing. Brainstorm ways to nerf or buff the hero primarily within that select spectrum range without having much impact on the other ranges outside that spectrum range.

Take Mccree for example - he has some severe recoil with regards to the presence of recoil in Overwatch (which has almost none.) A high-skill player will have little problem scoring hit after hit after hit in rapid succession with Mccree, while the low-skill will struggle enough just to land shots, let alone in rapid succession without fighting with their camera following every shot. How big an impact would removing that recoil have on high-level play versus low-level play? Low levels will likely get proportionately more mileage, but high levels will still benefit. It's more a quality of life change at the high level, but a huge accuracy boost at the lower levels of skill.

Principal Kaplan to the rescue. Thanks Dad

hi we missed you
Just out of curiosity... how does Blizzard process the feedback? Do you have a program that clusters similar forms of feedback together and put it into an organized list? How do you deal with contradicting views?

what does "self-selected" refer to in this context?

& you are minimizing the feedback of this forum while encouraging a forum poster that their feedback is important..
05/02/2017 06:40 PMPosted by kirsch
you are minimizing the feedback of this forum

He did nothing of the sort. Saying the forums are a "very vocal, self-selected communtiy" isn't minimizing anything and is the absolute truth.
"Y'know, this hero isn't OP"

"LOL, bronze. get the !@#$ outta here"

Wow, whoa, WHOA!!! Did Jeff just invoke the "vocal minority" clause IN FAVOR of the players???

Color me impressed! I feel warm and fuzzy!! <3