To those who play competitive with no mic's

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I personally wish I could join voice chat but I am so exhausted with trolls and people screaming about hero choice they don't agree with. I like playing comp for the feeling of improving and earning SR, but I absolutely hate half the people who play this game.
05/04/2017 09:05 PMPosted by ForceComdr
Devs have stated that there's very little statistical win difference for people that use comms.

All most people use comms for is yelling at someone cuz they don't like their pick.

lawl even though the complete opposite is true, most higher tiers it is good voice comms
05/05/2017 07:16 PMPosted by Nerva666
Devs have stated that there's very little statistical win difference for people that use comms.

All most people use comms for is yelling at someone cuz they don't like their pick.

lawl even though the complete opposite is true, most higher tiers it is good voice comms

Yeah high rank and pros use voice chat constantly so trying to say "stats don't show a win difference" is irrelevant
People who don't use voice comms should not play comp. I can understand if you are not talking but atleast you should be there to listen head ups... Just report the people who are being toxic at mics and screaming/trolling. That is the only way to fix that problem. Wish they would really force the voice comm as default in ranked games.

- Salty Rein from low plat
It's just a downward spiral, join team voice, getting trolled, stop getting into voice, and others seeing you are not in voice, feels like they are getting trolled, then they stop joining the voice, and sooner or later, everybody is going to not be in the voice.

So to stop this, I'll do my part of always be in voice no matter how much I get trolled!
I don't talk to peasants
05/04/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Prakas
05/04/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Mango

Well, it may help you to leave voice chat because you get harassed for playing Hanzo or something, but for the vast majority of Overwatch players, communication is absolutely key. Maybe trying to communicate more would help you climb, since it helps the entire team immensely.

Team chat tilts me more than anything else. Sure there might be that one game every now and then when it's actually used for call outs. But even then, the first failed push, the toxic behavior starts.

As a player in gold. I couldn't agree more. Some players would like to just trash talk and screams at you when they overextended and died. One thing I'm pretty sure about gold ranks: Duo q feels way better than communicating with those non'sense toxic players
05/04/2017 08:21 PMPosted by hanzo0nly
Poor advice.

I win more games leaving both text and voice chat.

Focus on your own gameplay.

No wonder you are level 700 plus in two regions and (400 in the third) and still in low gold on ALL of them.

05/05/2017 02:38 AMPosted by AirplaneM
Heres a reason why i dont join the chat. CAUSE THE PEOPLE I PLAY WITH ARE SO SEXIST. Yes i am a female but the amount of hate i get for just being a girl is no joke. Thing is i get it even when the game hasnt even started yet.

These are great reasons and I'll add one more: I simply don't like it. Why should I be forced to speak/hear to people I don't know and don't want to just to win a game? I'm not underestimating communication but you could use some awareness too to compensate the lack of it, you don't need to wait for your support the tell you he's being raided if you are aware of your surroundings, specially the sounds of skills/attacks/steps, and there's a small indicator above each ally, yellow means attacking or being attacked.
05/06/2017 03:06 AMPosted by Tsviets

05/05/2017 02:38 AMPosted by AirplaneM
Heres a reason why i dont join the chat. CAUSE THE PEOPLE I PLAY WITH ARE SO SEXIST. Yes i am a female but the amount of hate i get for just being a girl is no joke. Thing is i get it even when the game hasnt even started yet.

These are great reasons and I'll add one more: I simply don't like it. Why should I be forced to speak/hear to people I don't know and don't want to just to win a game? I'm not underestimating communication but you could use some awareness too to compensate the lack of it, you don't need to wait for your support the tell you he's being raided if you are aware of your surroundings, specially the sounds of skills/attacks/steps, and there's a small indicator above each ally, yellow means attacking or being attacked.

"Doing Grav in 3 seconds!"

Say that with your Zarya and you'll reach plat in no time.
There's no shortcut for that, you can't type that fast. And no way to coordinate the Grav with your pulse bomb tracer, hanzo or Pharah otherwise.

You could spam that you have ult over and over again, but unless you say it, they won't know that you are really commited on ulti-ing.
There's two problems with this ...actually more. One I don't like more than half the people I play OW with unless on my friends list , two most of you have terrible advice , so no point listening , three you new players have zero respect for veteran one's ...so that's enough reasons to not listen to you
05/07/2017 01:24 AMPosted by Paradox
three you new players have zero respect for veteran one's

Respect goes both ways though. I've come across plenty of players with stars on their portrait that think it's ok to be a ##!@@*@* just because they've been playing the game for longer than me.
The toxic and stupid behavior is one of the main reasons I listen but don't speak in voice.
05/07/2017 01:24 AMPosted by Paradox
There's two problems with this ...actually more. One I don't like more than half the people I play OW with unless on my friends list , two most of you have terrible advice , so no point listening , three you new players have zero respect for veteran one's ...so that's enough reasons to not listen to you

What is a veteran player? Lmao.

Respect is earned anyways. You could have served the country like a real veteran and what not, but that doesn't mean you could just go pulling down stranger's panties without repercussions.
What people say can have an influence on your own game. Sure its nice when things go your way, but when things go sideways, people get annoying.

when 2 players argue blaming each other like lil kids, it distracts and it can have a negative impact on your game.

But then there are also people that start to troll, when nobody is talking or joinong chat. Coz they see that as necessary to win the game. And without it, they think its a guaranteed loss, so they troll.

An idea to battle this:
- Make competitive only for full 6 man teams.
- Adjust soloq competitive, where its less rewarding than team comp but still more rewarding than qp/arcade
- create IRC like chat type of platform where people can find each other and team up.

This way you force people to make proper teams, find people they can tolorate and play with. Toxicity will still exist, but will be mostly isolated to teams. The chances of toxicity drops that can occur in your own team.
05/04/2017 08:14 PMPosted by Scorp
please I'm begging you get a mic I promise it would make the game sooooooo much easier.

I don't play games on easy mode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can defiantly advice getting a gaming headset tbh comfy one of course else you would never use it, and just set an open mic with proper mic level, people gonna love you for call outs and !@#$, if been begged to stay in voice after being told to %^-*, honestly if people act like this i am not even gonna try and probably switch, report me for throwing all you like, but i am not gonna carry some one that is toxic.
05/05/2017 08:05 PMPosted by taypig
I don't talk to peasants

omfg as much of a troll post this was, i laughed too hard to not upvote it
No thanks, I'd rather not have to listen to the toxicity that is this playerbase.
There's no Wal-Mart in Scotland.
05/07/2017 09:56 PMPosted by Top500Genji
There's no Wal-Mart in Scotland.

Holy !@#$ there actually isn't.