remove ironclad but give back old sentrymode?

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 31 Next
05/30/2017 02:17 PMPosted by GungaDirva
Keep in mind that Overwatch has fairly small maps so snipers should really be the only characters capable of long distance combat and the old Bastion could almost reach that range, which was ridiculous.

*cough* Pharah *cough* No falloff *cough* 120/80 damage direct/splash *cough* Airborne *cough*
05/30/2017 02:17 PMPosted by GungaDirva
05/30/2017 02:01 PMPosted by AlphaVI

he never was OP in t he first place,
you can deal with bastion very easely
peoples are very easely scared about his minigun, but he cant use it if he cant see you, he dosent move, then why be scared ? use another hero or simply find another way to the objective

just give bastion old sentry spread back,maybe headshot
keep 20% ironclad
keep heath repair on move
keep faster transformation
bring back ult tank health
revert dmg on recon gun ( self defense purpose)
making stay as sentry when hooked

as of atm, ironclad is very usless with all that is happening in the game,

roadhog hooks you = un-transforme and lose ironclad
phara shoots you = still take like before 3 shot to get killed
shoot at the enemy = cant kills them to much spread so health is not worth the dmg done

I remember playing against him. I would spend most of the game as Reaper or Genji attempting to flank around, dealing with the Mei's and Symmetra's that made it nearly impossible to get to the Bastion, let alone if you even manage to get to him you still have 3 or more people their with him. There were just certain choke points where the map design made it way to difficult for the character to be dealt with. On the other hand if he didn't have a team revolve around him he was nearly useless on his own. Personally I am not against sentry mode getting headshots back and an accuracy increase; however, it would need some compensation considering his healing ability is better and his recon mode isn't garbage but is actually useful. He needs it to be designed in a way so that it covers recon's weaknesses and recon covers it's weaknesses. I feel a rev up/spin up time would be a good start because paired with the current transformation time he would be able to use recon mode to help his team until he got a few second to transform and murder the enemy players that didn't pay attention to him. Keep in mind that Overwatch has fairly small maps so snipers should really be the only characters capable of long distance combat and the old Bastion could almost reach that range, which was ridiculous.
i simply take junkrate and spam him, he cant do anyting to me like that, even his team cant deal with me being junkrate, and i bother him to much to get set in sentry, and if he does, he dies by me

solution junkrat

after what you said, that mean you are doing wrong against him or him with his team, sorry but its true
05/30/2017 02:30 PMPosted by AlphaVI

i simply take junkrate and spam him, he cant do anyting to me like that, even his team cant deal with me being junkrate, and i bother him to much to get set in sentry, and if he does, he dies by me

solution junkrat

after what you said, that mean you are doing wrong against him or him with his team, sorry but its true

Sure, now all I have to do is get through that 2500 HP Reinhardt shield and out DPS the Mercy's healing so by my calculations that takes approximately... Oh wait I'm dead never mind. Whether the Bastion killed me or one of the other DPS/anti-flankers killed me I'm dead before I can get past the Reinhardt shield. I told you, he's either easy to kill when he has no team with him or ridiculously hard to kill when he does. I mean I guess there's the option of me using ricochet but there's maybe one or two spots he'd just have to avoid and then it takes a miracle to kill him.

05/30/2017 02:27 PMPosted by Kawagima

*cough* Pharah *cough* No falloff *cough* 120/80 damage direct/splash *cough* Airborne *cough*

Oh I can do that too..

*cough* Takes *cough* 3-5 seconds *cough* to travel *cough* to you *cough *cough* just move *cough* use hit scan *cough* to kill her *cough*

And if she's not at sniper range, well then your previous statement doesn't even matter because she's close enough to get hit by almost everyone easily.
05/30/2017 02:43 PMPosted by GungaDirva
05/30/2017 02:27 PMPosted by Kawagima

Oh I can do that too..

*cough* Takes *cough* 3-5 seconds *cough* to travel *cough* to you *cough *cough* just move *cough* use hit scan *cough* to kill her *cough*

And if she's not at sniper range, well then your previous statement doesn't even matter because she's close enough to get hit by almost everyone easily.

But you know what differ Pharah from the snipers and Bastion? One of them is actually mobile while shooting... And I guess you know which one it is.

The projectile travel time don't really matter... If you are not looking at the sky (Like, literally looking for Pharah instead of helping your team in the teamfight) you won't see the rockets comming until you are already being hit by them.
05/19/2017 04:33 AMPosted by RonaldMcJuic
bump

ur dumb
05/30/2017 03:28 PMPosted by RonaldMcJuic
05/19/2017 04:33 AMPosted by RonaldMcJuic
bump

ur dumb

That's okay, I still love you.
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Bastion is now least played in all ranks.

Even Sombra is played more.
05/30/2017 10:05 PMPosted by Terranguard

Back to junkyard... RIP
05/30/2017 10:11 PMPosted by Kawagima
05/30/2017 10:05 PMPosted by Terranguard

Back to junkyard... RIP
and it's not even the case of "there's always someone at the bottom" he's at the bottom with an atrociously low pickrate. it's not even 1% pickrate!
Bastion is pretty strong in your SR group... but he suffers at higher levels tho.
He suffers a bit from widow's issue where he becomes a top priority target that everyone needs to focus down.

Bastion is also one of those characters who can shift to a top tier meta character in a single change.

So if they give him mobile healing, fast transform and restore his headshot/spread he might become op again.
05/30/2017 10:24 PMPosted by SniperJoe
So if they give him mobile healing, fast transform and restore his headshot/spread he might become op again.
are you a fortune teller? because they haven't done that yet and nobody can predict the future.

I know people will overreact because they always do no matter how small a change a hero got (and it's worse for Bastion because everyone has ptsd from the beta)
Played only Bastian for 3 seasons until the nerfs, now its only widow. Sometimes I get stuck on soldier and end up with 5 medals almost every time but hes just not fun....I would rather play halo or blacklight if i wanted a gay, running, jumping, spraying, healing, unlimited ammo, superhero feel. And I didn't even like those games, but they are soldier with a better feel in a more balanced competitive setting. Bastian never needed changes he had counters to everyone and was countered by everyone. You had to play each hero differently as bastian. Now he has spread so he can miss barriers more often? But kills barriers "better" with weaker damage and less hits? WAT?
05/30/2017 10:17 PMPosted by Terranguard
05/30/2017 10:11 PMPosted by Kawagima

Back to junkyard... RIP
and it's not even the case of "there's always someone at the bottom" he's at the bottom with an atrociously low pickrate. it's not even 1% pickrate!

yeah those are pretty bad pickrates but look at tracer and winston... those are strong meta picks right now and in a good place and Widow beats them XD...

so i don't trust those charts.
<span class="truncated">...</span>and it's not even the case of "there's always someone at the bottom" he's at the bottom with an atrociously low pickrate. it's not even 1% pickrate!

yeah those are pretty bad pickrates but look at tracer and winston... those are strong meta picks right now and in a good place and Widow beats them XD...

That's not hard to explain honestly. Snipertrash don't care about the meta, teamcomp, or doing anything particularly useful. They'll keep sniping because in their mind they're just like the sniper gods in the videos even if they're dead last in kills.

That and Winston is honestly one of the most boring heroes to play and Tracer's fairly difficult to start up compared to most.

Bastion really is that terrible, even with Ironclad you still die before you can revert and move or kill them. Might as well not bother if they have a Zen, Hanzo, Widow, Soldier, or Mcree...basically anything that can pop you from medium distance or greater.
hm.... realy about junkrat ? lol

rein barriere breaks at 2000hp, once its down they will all move away and try to not get hit by junkrat

i know its what i do whene thers an enemy bastion,

and pickrate is realy bad, wors now than before

we even warned them about touching sentry mod, but dident listened now look lol, no more bastion in the games
Just give Bastion's turret form old spread back, but keep headhots off. Not sure about damage fall-off - how it was versus how it currently is.
obviously give him the old ironclad in recon mode and revert one of the sentry nerfs. either one
05/30/2017 11:59 PMPosted by SniperJoe
05/30/2017 10:17 PMPosted by Terranguard
...and it's not even the case of "there's always someone at the bottom" he's at the bottom with an atrociously low pickrate. it's not even 1% pickrate!

people view snipers as the most elite (because it's purely how good you are)

people like to view themselves good at the game so you'll probably have a lot more sniper mains than a monkey and tracer.

also the setting for that site was to look at both quickplay and competative and as we all know there's at least 1 Widow per team there.

the sad part is even though it includes QP in the stats Bastion's still at the bottom of the barrel.
05/31/2017 07:45 AMPosted by Terranguard
05/30/2017 11:59 PMPosted by SniperJoe

people view snipers as the most elite (because it's purely how good you are)

people like to view themselves good at the game so you'll probably have a lot more sniper mains than a monkey and tracer.

also the setting for that site was to look at both quickplay and competative and as we all know there's at least 1 Widow per team there.

the sad part is even though it includes QP in the stats Bastion's still at the bottom of the barrel.

What's kinda funny is that Tracer is one of the top 3 in terms of skill, and the two snipers who aren't widow are not.

Still though, if D.va can't get killed by her ultimate anymore, why can Tracer?
05/31/2017 08:42 AMPosted by Lord
05/31/2017 07:45 AMPosted by Terranguard
...people view snipers as the most elite (because it's purely how good you are)

What's kinda funny is that Tracer is one of the top 3 in terms of skill, and the two snipers who aren't widow are not.

Still though, if D.va can't get killed by her ultimate anymore, why can Tracer?
because tracer has 5 ways to escape and it has a small blast radius.

she has 3 blinks and recall or she can just walk.

D.va has 2 ways to escape (sort of) and it's radius is much bigger (even in the reduced damage areas like the edges she has low health)

she can boost then ult or just walk.

and btw the star rating doesn't say how skilled you have to be. it shows kit complexity. Widow has a hook a mine and a gun, fairly simple.

Tracer has 3 blinks recall and a bomb she has to dodge.