Either buff Junkrat's ult or remove the old speed change

General Discussion
A long time ago they changed Junkrat's ult so that he pulls it out a bit faster. This seems like a very minor buff but it's actually functioning as a nerf. Unlike before now when Junkrat pulls out his tire he does it fast enough that if he is killed while doing it he will lose all his ult but slow enough that there was never even a chance to move the tire to avoid it being destroyed.

The point of this is that I don't believe that this was intentional when they gave him the buff so I'm trying to bring it to the dev's attention so that hopefully they can address it and make it so that he can get ult if he is killed while in the middle of ulting like he used to. If a blue post appears saying this was intentional when they buffed him then that is an entire other argument but I don't think they were trying to do this to him when they made this change.
umm you're a horrible junkrat if you're ulting in line of sight of the enemy.

you deserve to lose your ult charge.
He is so weak and unused higher ranks, yet they refuse to do anything about all the heroes like this. Its like blizz wants only a few viable heroes. They have to understand that players get sick and tired of facing Rein and 76 all the F-ing time.
05/03/2017 01:58 PMPosted by Terranguard

What if you get killed while you are hiding somewhere no one ever goes but a random flanker just goes by and kills you while ulting. Much more powerful ults get refunded if the person pops it at a stupid time why shouldn't Junkrat's ult get refunded if he gets killed by some passing flanker.
05/03/2017 02:02 PMPosted by ǃǶĦǾƖĤǬŖŜǝǶǃ

What if you get killed while you are hiding somewhere no one ever goes but a random flanker just goes by and kills you while ulting. Much more powerful ults get refunded if the person pops it at a stupid time why shouldn't Junkrat's ult get refunded if he gets killed by some passing flanker.

I feel like Junk's ult is similar to Symmetra's tele/shield gen. If you put yourself or the item in a bad position you deserve to be punished. It's not like Symmetra's ult gets refunded if she places the tele/shield gen in a bad spot and it's instantly killed. It all comes down to positioning.

The only thing I would like to see is maybe more health on rip-tire, effectively needing a "headshot" to take it out. Probably not going to happen but it might be nice.

then why the heck are you trying to nerf him? just make his tire invulnerable during the release animation.
05/03/2017 02:06 PMPosted by hopped

I feel like Junk's ult is similar to Symmetra's tele/shield gen. If you put yourself or the item in a bad position you deserve to be punished. It's not like Symmetra's ult gets refunded if she places the tele/shield gen in a bad spot and it's instantly killed. It all comes down to positioning.

The only thing I would like to see is maybe more health on rip-tire, effectively needing a "headshot" to take it out. Probably not going to happen but it might be nice.

But Sym's ult has way more health and Sym can actually move and attack while it's being attacked and let's be honest here most heroes who are flanking to get the gen/tele are not going to beat Sym in a 1v1. Another thing is Sym's ult is game changing and incredibly powerful Junkrat's ult is awful.
05/03/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Terranguard

then why the heck are you trying to nerf him? just make his tire invulnerable during the release animation.

How am I trying to nerf him? I want this removed or changed to buff him. In no way did I say I want Junkrat nerfed.
05/03/2017 02:09 PMPosted by ǃǶĦǾƖĤǬŖŜǝǶǃ
05/03/2017 02:06 PMPosted by hopped

But Sym's ult has way more health and Sym can actually move and attack while it's being attacked and let's be honest here most heroes who are flanking to get the gen/tele are not going to beat Sym in a 1v1. Another thing is Sym's ult is game changing and incredibly powerful Junkrat's ult is awful.
he gets his ult 5 or more times a match though.
05/03/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Terranguard
05/03/2017 02:09 PMPosted by ǃǶĦǾƖĤǬŖŜǝǶǃ

he gets his ult 5 or more times a match though.

That depends on the enemy. If the enemy has a lot of shields or protection Junkrat's shots won't get him any ult. Sym's ult is a lot more consistent and useful and also charges really fast.
05/03/2017 02:10 PMPosted by ǃǶĦǾƖĤǬŖŜǝǶǃ
05/03/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Terranguard
...then why the heck are you trying to nerf him? just make his tire invulnerable during the release animation.

How am I trying to nerf him? I want this removed or changed to buff him. In no way did I say I want Junkrat nerfed.
you wanted his ultimate to release slower, that's a nerf. in no way is that a buff.
If Junkrat is getting a buff, what he needs is more projectile speed. That would let him reach longer ranges, secure kills more easily, bounce grenades off surfaces more effectively, and land grenades easier on small targets.
05/03/2017 02:13 PMPosted by Terranguard
<span class="truncated">...</span>

you wanted his ultimate to release slower, that's a nerf. in no way is that a buff.

I said they either need to remove the speed change that is currently functioning as a nerf to him or they need to buff him so that it isn't a nerf. The change was clearly meant to be a buff for Junkrat but I don't think they considered that it would do this. I don't want Junkrat nerfed trust me that's the last thing I want. What I want is for this change they made to actually function like a buff as they intended and not a nerf.
05/03/2017 02:16 PMPosted by ǃǶĦǾƖĤǬŖŜǝǶǃ
05/03/2017 02:13 PMPosted by Terranguard
...you wanted his ultimate to release slower, that's a nerf. in no way is that a buff.

I said they either need to remove the speed change that is currently functioning as a nerf to him or they need to buff him so that it isn't a nerf.
that makes no sense.

"a buff is a nerf so let's nerf him to buff him" that's exactly what your saying.

if a flanker killed you while you were ulting that's good, that's EXACTLY what a flanker is supposed to do.
05/03/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Terranguard

I said they either need to remove the speed change that is currently functioning as a nerf to him or they need to buff him so that it isn't a nerf.
that makes no sense.

"a buff is a nerf so let's nerf him to buff him" that's exactly what your saying.

if a flanker killed you while you were ulting that's good, that's EXACTLY what a flanker is supposed to do.

Before this change if Junkrat was killed while ulting he would get his ult refunded like many other ults in the game. Now because of this change his ult is no longer refunded if he is killed while ulting. I find this very unfair because the change was meant to function as a minor buff but instead is functioning as a nerf. I find this even more unfair also due to the fact that much more powerful ults are refunded to the heroes if they die while ulting because they popped at a stupid time but that this incredibly bad and inconsistent ult isn't refunded even if Junkrat pops it when he should.
05/03/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Terranguard

that makes no sense.

The point of this is that I don't believe that this was intentional when they gave him the buff so I'm trying to bring it to the dev's attention so that hopefully they can address it and make it so that he can get ult if he is killed while in the middle of ulting like he used to. If a blue post appears saying this was intentional when they buffed him then that is an entire other argument but I don't think they were trying to do this to him when they made this change.
05/03/2017 02:31 PMPosted by ǃǶĦǾƖĤǬŖŜǝǶǃ
The point of this is that I don't believe that this was intentional when they gave him the buff so I'm trying to bring it to the dev's attention so that hopefully they can address it and make it so that he can get ult if he is killed while in the middle of ulting like he used to.
I think they did a blanket nerf to some ults.

when Soldier activates his ult, if he's killed half way through the activation, he gets 50% back.

same for Junkrat.

it drains 100% to 0% over the course of the activation time.

My most effective Junkrats ults are by going kamikaze, jump in the middle of the fight and spam M1 as soon the tire starts to move.
05/03/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Stefanonimo

My most effective Junkrats ults are by going kamikaze, jump in the middle of the fight and spam M1 as soon the tire starts to move.
one way to use it good normally is if you run your tire into a wall (don't climb) it stops moving and the engine sound goes away.

wait a little bit like that then you can dash in and they don't know where it came from.
funny xdddd blizzard pls fix junkrat, i dont know what to do when genji solo ults me when i need to solo ult hm xxxxxxxxxDD