Pharah is strong, not op. But pharmercy...

General Discussion
05/07/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Oizen
05/07/2017 04:09 PMPosted by manbearpig
No. It makes no sense to nerf Mercy just because she combos well with another hero.

Ana and D.Va/Reaper say hi

and if you want to get really old

Zenyatta and McCree also say Hi.

McCree is worthless vs PhaMercy though. Past his falloff range his damage is absolutely pathetic and easily out-healed, and has little to no actual threat.
05/07/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Dleppard
How coincidental, every negative comment writen on this post comes from a pharah/mercy main.

You know... its not that hard to look up peoples profiles.

I'm not a Pharah main!

Oh wait, I am.

But my point remains valid!

(Futurama quotes for every occassion.)
05/07/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Mercy
It's spelled P h a r a h . Also, no.

Spot the mercy main...

Pathetic.
I'd be in favor of putting a charge on Mercy's floating, similar to Dva's matrix.

Though I do see often that a Mercy often will use a flying Dva or jumping Winston to get high in the air for a vantage point, so it's not just with pharah.
It's spelled P h a r a h . Also, no.
I'll call her phart
Maybe make her have less slow-fall time rather than infinite slow-fall?
05/07/2017 04:28 PMPosted by FlazeDrake
Pharah is not OP as in broken. But she is OP in that she has little to no competition to counter balance her. Most heroes have a direct counter or many heroes can deal with them. Pharah on the other hand has had all her counters nerfed, so the issue is not whether or not she is OP its that there are few viable options when the enemy picks a Pharah. Soldiers nerf in the PTR is going to make the problem worse which is why its coming up a lot more in the forums. Just like the D.Va mains and Roadhog mains, the Pharah mains see no problem with her uncontested strengths. It makes it worse when Pharah has a Mercy pocket healing her, a Zenyatta Harmony orb, or both making it even harder for the few heroes who can do anything about her.
Another problem is that Pharah is hugely impactful with little effort or skill required. This is contrary to the skill required to effectively duel her, which takes significantly more mechanical skill to pull off, again made worse when synergizing with healers and the fact that to duel her you have to take your attention off the rest of Pharah's team so yes you dodged that rocket and took a little damage but then you get hooked and died because you dodged.

The problem biggest problem is not the PharMercy combo like all Pharah mains think its that she is out of the major threat range of most heroes which allow Mercy to be out of range making it hard to kill either of them while they feed their Ults. The problem is the height/range not the synergy. Ground Pharah's or low flying Pharah's are not had to deal with but once they fly higher that little can be done.
Also for you QP and arcade Pharah's the issue is in Comp more then in other game types.

This is CONSTANTLY what I am saying. Pharah in and of herself isn't extremely strong. She's only as strong as she currently is because all of her soft counters have been nerfed, and she has no reliable hard counter.
Pharmercy rock. (I'm the mercy)
Like I've said before there is something they added into the game to deal with this combo. It's only been in the game from the beginning so I can understand if you missed it, but we call it Widowmaker and it solves all your problems.
05/07/2017 05:31 PMPosted by Zankar
Like I've said before there is something they added into the game to deal with this combo. It's only been in the game from the beginning so I can understand if you missed it, but we call it Widowmaker and it solves all your problems.

Winston says hi.
Any decent Soldier 76 shooting from behind a Rein shield works.
I don't think nerfing mercy is the answer, I know I played mercy a lot, but most would people would agree mercy have been the less desired healer for a while and still is.
Glide is not only used to follow pharas. Its also very useful for mercys to let her self float off an edge while healing a target standing on that edge (then get back up with guardian angle) to avoid splash damage or spam. The gliding lets mercys get to better positions when paired with any flying heroes and be harder to hit. All which she needs.
Wouldn't be better to simply make phara's counter more viable? If widowmaker had a shorter cool down on her hook, it would make her more of a viable pick instead of a burden on a team. That way she can be a threat to the combo. Even if the widow don't have very good aim, she can put up significant pressure from long rang.
05/07/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Dleppard
P h a r a h. Also, no.

Name´s mercy

Player icon is mercy related

Yeah everything checks out.

Also she's obsessed with Mercy and Pharah dating so yeah....
My problem with everybody clamoring for counters to be added to this combo is that it's exactly that, a combo. It seems that every idea revolves around buffing 1 hero so they can counter 2.
Anybody tried a Merc76 combo before? Damage increase plus decent aim. Just asking cause I never had a Mercy pocket buff me while I'm dealing with a Pharmercy.
05/07/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Lajinn
McCree is worthless vs PhaMercy though. Past his falloff range his damage is absolutely pathetic and easily out-healed, and has little to no actual threat.

I don't know what's more surprising - the fact that you said this with the conviction that you were correct, or the fact that someone agreed with your post and liked it.

Either way this statement is farthest from the truth and needs to be skewered for many obvious reasons. You must be the type of McCree player I find on occasion who likes to stand still and try to shoot Pharah from Widowmaker range.
Mercy needs the glide to buy time when she is affected by an environment kill to dash, as well as get distance for jumps.
YES Pharmercy is super annoying, and they should hopefully do something to improve an enemy's ability to deal with it without forcing half of them to swap to counters.

But Mercy's glide is used for more than just that gross nonsense.
Zen and ana can heal her to, without even exposing themselfes. She can drop out of he sky into cover to get heals as well. Permaflight is the problem. Pharah herself is the problem.
Pharmercy is not OP. And I'm a Junkrat main. ON CONSOLE. McCree, S76, Zenyatta, and D.Va is usually enough to suppress the combo and them out of the skies. I would rather Widowmaker and McCree be buffed then to nerf two characters who effectively used to be trash tier.