"Did they make Mei freeze faster?"

General Discussion
No. They didn't. You just got used to the bug allowing you to run out of her freeze ray and ult freely.
Forum Moderation could use some fixed
Wait wait wait... That doesn't follow.

For people to "get used" to being allowed to run out of her freeze and ult freely, that would imply that enough people kept on playing a useless hero for people to actually get used to playing against a hero that's useless!

There's no way that'd ever happen! That kind of precedent has never been set in a game like Overwatch! If a hero is useless, you simply don't play her anymore! It's so simple, nobody in their right mind would ever defy logic like THAT!
04/18/2017 12:04 PMPosted by CasualCathar

For people to "get used" to being allowed to run out of her freeze and ult freely, that would imply that enough people kept on playing a useless hero for people to actually get used to playing against a hero that's useless!

There's no way that'd ever happen! That kind of precedent has never been set in a game like Overwatch! If a hero is useless, you simply don't play her anymore! It's so simple, nobody in their right mind would ever defy logic like THAT!

I wish that was true and that people would realize she's been broken, the number of useless (not the players fault) Mei's I've had this week has been so frustrating, glad she's fixed now, as I enjoy playing her on defense payload.
It also never ceases to a-Mei-ze me the number of people who don't realize that if you're in Mei's ult and she turns her freeze ray on you, it freezes you twice as fast. You'd think this would be common sense, but people don't seem to grasp the concept and scream "OH MY GOD THEY MADE MEI'S ULT FREEZE INSTANTLY NOW" when they get frozen by a combination of ult and freeze ray.
04/18/2017 12:17 PMPosted by LaSaia
It also never ceases to a-Mei-ze me the number of people who don't realize that if you're in Mei's ult and she turns her freeze ray on you, it freezes you twice as fast. You'd think this would be common sense, but people don't seem to grasp the concept and scream "OH MY GOD THEY MADE MEI'S ULT FREEZE INSTANTLY NOW" when they get frozen by a combination of ult and freeze ray.

I didn't know that was a thing. Thanks for the tip, though!
Yeah my favorite thing to do as her is have someone already half-frozen before even throwing down my ult. Makes it that much harder for them to escape the radius, and I have that much more time to focus down any of the other folks caught in it.
04/18/2017 12:21 PMPosted by CasualCathar
Yeah my favorite thing to do as her is have someone already half-frozen before even throwing down my ult. Makes it that much harder for them to escape the radius, and I have that much more time to focus down any of the other folks caught in it.

Mhm. Another thing that's really helpful is to just freeze the enemy D.va before throwing your ult out. I see so many Mei players try to hold their ult until D.va is out of mech. Just freeze her instead. It's faster than getting her out of mech, and she can't DM your ult while she's frozen.
Knowing Blizzard, they probably stealth buffed her, if it is a problem, it'll get reported very soon.
I actually enjoyed playing against Mei when she was bugged, since it was basically 6v5. Didn't quite enjoy her on my team, though. I made sure to let them know about her issues, though. Right away for teammates, and after the game for opposing players.

I'm glad she's fixed now, though. I can go back to player her. WhoO!
04/18/2017 12:01 PMPosted by OhMyReaper99
Forum Moderation could use some fixed

Yeah, they should have banned this account of your already for complaining in every thread about it.
04/18/2017 12:08 PMPosted by Daniel101773
04/18/2017 12:04 PMPosted by CasualCathar

I wish that was true and that people would realize she's been broken, the number of useless (not the players fault) Mei's I've had this week has been so frustrating, glad she's fixed now, as I enjoy playing her on defense payload.

She can be good on attack payload too.

Oh, You have a choke set up? Let me just wall off your LoS while we move free feet
04/18/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Ronin0ni
04/18/2017 12:08 PMPosted by Daniel101773

Oh, You have a choke set up? Let me just wall off your LoS while we move free feet

This is true. I knew she was bugging but she still freezes characters if you're consecutive. Characters that can dash, fly or any form of rapid movements can get away, but most tanks defense and some support are still slow. On king of the Hill you can still ult and use a wall to cover an exit and have team mates cover the other sides. I also like playing her when she was buggy because I knew the moment she would get fixed I would just be way better at her
04/18/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Jair
04/18/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Ronin0ni

This is true. I knew she was bugging but she still freezes characters if you're consecutive. Characters that can dash, fly or any form of rapid movements can get away, but most tanks defense and some support are still slow. On king of the Hill you can still ult and use a wall to cover an exit and have team mates cover the other sides. I also like playing her when she was buggy because I knew the moment she would get fixed I would just be way better at her

She wasn't broken that long either really, though I avoided her because the slow is an integral part of her kit really