Current PTR Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
Hey Jeff, if you're interested, here my 2 cents on the changes.
Genji -
I think he didnt really needed it. It seems more like a general buff to wall climb for Hanzo and it is just easier to make it for both rather than code it differently for Genji.

Hanzo -
Great change, have to see how it impacts on live servers.

Orisa -
Damage nerf kind of out of place. Dont see where this were coming from.
Shield buff could be a bit spammy, i'd rather see buff for her halt or fortify.
She isnt really an anchor tank and cant replace Rhein, even with these cooldown changes.

Reaper -
Meh, i dont understand why you didnt give him the early wraithform cancel everyone asked for. This just seems like an attempt to avoid a proper buff, but calming the community about Reper changes.

Soldier -
Great, its good to nerf him slowly and dont bring the sledge hammer.
He is only 2 dmg per bullet away from his underpowered self prebuff.
If you consider further nerfs dont touch his damage, but look into his Ult.
Make it channeled so it could be canceld by cc. Would also indirectly buff Sombra which she certainly needs.

Rheinhardt -
Thats great, i always felt that the hitconnection with it was kind of wonky and got caught even if i felt it shouldnt.
Can you explain why you're trying to make Orisa more of a front line tank when her kit points more towards a backline/ supporting tank? Will you keep changing aspects of her until she becomes more of an anchor tank changing her current role?
05/09/2017 09:01 AMPosted by akulani
05/09/2017 08:59 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Nothing is going live today. We're still testing on the PTR.

We constantly evaluate changes -- so yes, we're looking at them closely.

Right now, we're mostly ok with things minus a few bugs. We are looking at the change to Orisa's damage, however, and will likely make changes to then tuning on the PTR.

Do you have more specific feedback beyond that you disagree with the changes?
I really like the shield change! Please keep it! I heavily disagree with the Orisa damage nerf, her gun is already hard enough to use. TY for the feedback!

Ain't that the truth.
Finally, we get a real response.
05/09/2017 09:15 AMPosted by DrScaphandre

Right now, we're mostly ok with things minus a few bugs. We are looking at the change to Orisa's damage, however, and will likely make changes to then tuning on the PTR.

I do like the Rein Earthshatter nerf as I feel it was really silly that it was able to hit airborne heroes.

That's something that needs to be fixed if you were being hit above 3m height and the nerf isn't the solution. This nerf currently makes reins on top of the payload being able to earthshatter everyone on the ground but immune to enemy earthshatters.
05/09/2017 09:31 AMPosted by Ceratisa
05/09/2017 09:22 AMPosted by CorgiCyborgi
Fifth, do something about his gun. I don't know if it just needs more DPS or a secondary fire or what but I don't see the point of ever using Reaper when RH's gun is much better and RH also has more HP, his hook, better self healing, etc. Why play Reaper when there's RH?
Improving reapers dps (which is quite high) isn't the way to go at all

It's only high if you're 2 feet away from an enemy. The amount of damage dropoff is rather drastic with him. That's why I listed an alternate fire being a possibility. His gun needs something else because as it is now and the way the game plays with lots of ranged heroes being used in every match, he's pretty useless.

We have had tons of threads talking about Reaper, we all agree that :

his shadow step needs to be more quiet and faster.

And his Wraith Form needs go faster, and have a shorter cool-down(plus a huge amount of talk about being able to fly while doing this.)

Lastly his Passive needs a buff, we need "souls" out longer then a second(15 at least) and they should not be a max count of 2. Plus souls should heal 75hp then 50hp.
Right now, we're mostly ok with things minus a few bugs. We are looking at the change to Orisa's damage, however, and will likely make changes to the tuning on the PTR.
OH praise the almighty Jeff himself!

Right now, we're mostly ok with things minus a few bugs. We are looking at the change to Orisa's damage, however, and will likely make changes to the tuning on the PTR.

Anything on McCree? There has been so many threads on McCree for months. Why has there been no developer statement on his condition despite the numerous (and well written/supported/substantiated) threads on his ult, flashbang bugs, and general kit inconsistencies? There is a general consensus that he is also a victim of the meta; yet other victims of the meta have had some degree of tending to. The last statement on McCree's kit, specifically, dates back to July 2016.

Why is McCree continually the exception despite being the most overnerfed hero in Overwatch? Why is Soldier allowed to render him obsolete, and why is bringing McCree on par with Soldier unthinkable? I've said it before and I will said it again, a nerf to 76 does not fix McCree.

One of my many highly rated threads detailing his issues: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753937076?page=1
Mr.Kaplan, I think if Hanzo gets a fire rate buff, Widowmaker needs something to keep up. They often fight for the same spot on a team.
Since Mr. Kaplan semms to actually read this thread i'm going to use my chance.

Mr. Kaplan i know you might can't hear it anymore but please consider a buff or rework for D.Va in the near Future.

Here is my, rather controversial, idea for a rework:

- Change her Health/Armor from 400/200 to either 300/300 or 100/400

- Decrease the spread of her Guns and the size of her Critbox

Now i know that there has to be a downside too so here are my ideas for that:

- Get rid of her Defense Matrix and instead give her something similar to Orisas Fortify

- Get rid of her Self-Destruct and instead give her HotS's Bunny Hop but don't let it deal any kind of Damage to her enemys

I think that would change her back to be an excellent Dive-Tank but would also guarantee that she wouldn't be Overpowered.

What do you say?
I still hope they nerf soldier, the -1 damage is not noticable. While Sombra is still in a bad spot, could we try a little smaller gunspread? Her translocatorbugs should be fixed too, but thta is not a "buff".

The current PTR doesn't address any of the actual in game issues aside from Soldier.

There have been countless threads regarding McCree, D.Va, Reaper, Widowmaker, and other Heroes who have issues with their kit.

McCree and D.Va are currently having it the worst since McCree has been in this state of needing fixes to his ult, flashbang, and kit for almost a year while D.Va is going on ignored and bullied for the past few months now.
Reaper is up next with him simply being a victim to the meta. The current PTR change literally accomplishes nothing since most of it all Reaper players accomplish what the current patch does without the update. Widowmaker could use a reduced cool down to her hook and maybe a slight tweak to her mine.

If you want, I can make a thread post various suggestions drawn from several threads that illustrate what the community would like to see in a future PTR. I have been working on collecting the respective data to support these propositions, however, if you would like to see what I have collected so far I can post what I have.
05/09/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Slade
05/09/2017 09:14 AMPosted by BadAnaJama
Any chance we can get the Big Shot ability for D.Va in Overwatch?

I honestly would really hate for them to buff baby D.Va. I'd hate for any of her abilities or passives to be changed seeing as they all do exactly what they are supposed to do, it's just her core(HP and Weapons) is what is lacking and preventing her from actually being a dive tank.

Buffing baby D.Va in any way would not help her be a dive tank. If anything it would just make her more annoying to deal with for no reason. Baby D.Va is supposed to be more of a *chance* for getting back in the MEKA, unlike HotS where she still has to have use for her team after using something like self-destruct, as she does not get her MEKA back after use and it would severely screw over your team in a game like that because of the nature of ranged attacks there, as in there are not many, thus baby D.Va would get destroyed often, especially in the late game, this feeding lots of XP for free.

Yea it could help her get MEKA back faster against barriers if she manages to escape and regroup, but piercing barriers is an extremely dangerous ability and not feeding her is an actual strategy that leaves counterplay from both sides.
The devs are not going to bring back Dive D.Va. We have to look for changes elsewhere. I'm merely asking them to add an ability that they have already created for her in HotS.
05/09/2017 10:05 AMPosted by VRSpecIINur
Mr.Kaplan, I think if Hanzo gets a fire rate buff, Widowmaker needs something to keep up. They often fight for the same spot on a team.

No they dont.
Hanzo is only a sniper on paper.
05/09/2017 10:05 AMPosted by VRSpecIINur

His fire rate, while a bit unnecessary, I don't think is the main issue. I think the real problem is how he can charge a scatter, climb up to you on high ground, and instantly kill you with the scatter leaving you no way to play around besides to just TRY and run away.

I think scatter in general is a problem, but this is what really concerns me as being even more infuriating.
I know plenty of others will say the same, but I am disappointed D.Va isn't being changed in this PTR. I really, really miss D.Va's old play style she had from the time I got this game last August until the nerfs. The most fun I've ever had playing any online game was playing buffed D.Va prior to her nerfs. While I agree that season 3 D.Va cannot come back entirely, I really think 100 HP / 400 Armor D.Va with her old weapon properties (higher damage per pellet, fewer pellets) as well as the buff to her movement speed while firing would be perfect.

Another thing about her armor: I understand that 400 armor is powerful, but it was never overwhelming until D.Va was given 100 extra HP. And regardless of balance, I always saw 400 armor as part of what defined D.Va as a hero, and I was upset when that was what was nerfed, not because of balance reasons (I hadn't even tried the changes yet), but rather because that armor was part of what made D.Va herself.

On the Orisa changes: I feel it makes her stronger without doubt, but I am concerned it will make barriers feel overwhelming to deal with. As a Widowmaker player, I find that her biggest counter is barriers because no matter how good of a player you are, that barrier won't go down any faster. It's extremely frustrating to have nothing but endless barriers to shoot at. While I think a cooldown reduction on barriers is good for Orisa, I would try it with 10 seconds first, and maybe work on improving her fortify ability so she is less vulnerable in close range engagements (which I feel is a massive weakness for her).
05/09/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Fate
Can you explain why you're trying to make Orisa more of a front line tank when her kit points more towards a backline/ supporting tank? Will you keep changing aspects of her until she becomes more of an anchor tank changing her current role?
Orisa was meant to be an anchor tank from the very beggining, but stationary shield that has only 900 hp is definitely not enough.
Perhaps as compensation they could consider making his charge able to knock people off the payload without damaging or stunning them. Just as a displacement thing. I mean he already sends people flying when her narrowly misses them.
Right now, we're mostly ok with things
to the surprise of absolutely nobody.