Can we have a response on Scatter Arrow?

General Discussion
I'm really surprised we haven't had one already.

I'm guessing the reason that we haven't had one yet is that technically it is working completely as intended, unlike Roadhog's hook that actually did have a plethora of issues. However an ability that is working as intended does not mean that it is fine, this is coming from someone who plays a lot of Hanzo.

Blizzard can you please look into Scatter arrow, I would rather have a consistent ability that improved Hanzo's ultility than one that does an excessive amount of damage and forces Hanzo to aim at peoples feet.

Meme Lord 29:11
There are 7 atoms that make up salt and therefore we shall have 7 Scatter arrow projectiles to deliver it.
Technically I think it does work fine. It follows physics like it should, and really if someone is out in the open then you have to aim at the ground for it to work. Scatter arrow at least in my opinion is more for in smaller rooms to do highter damage.
I think the arrows took a random path before they decided to go with a fixed path for all the arrows? Am I right about this?
Patch Notes: Scatter arrow now shoots out roadhog hooks instead of arrows, drawing hit enemies right into hanzo' face as they automatically get sleep darted.

Fair and balanced gameplay
04/18/2017 04:06 PMPosted by PotatoLover
Technically I think it does work fine. It follows physics like it should, and really if someone is out in the open then you have to aim at the ground for it to work. Scatter arrow at least in my opinion is more for in smaller rooms to do highter damage.

ehh trust me that doesn't work, Scatter arrow works best when shooting at peoples feet. Shooting into smaller rooms in theory sounds like a brilliant idea and the sort of thing you would expect Scatter Arrow to be designed for, but in reality someone could be at 1hp and still survive this situation. Scatter arrow actually might be too consistent in this sense, meaning if you are lucky none of them will hit you.
04/18/2017 04:03 PMPosted by GoldenRule

I'm guessing the reason that we haven't had one yet is that technically it is working completely as intended, unlike Roadhog's hook that actually did have a plethora of issues. However an ability that is working as intended does not mean that it is fine, this is coming from someone who plays a lot of Hanzo.

Blizzard can you please look into Scatter arrow, I would rather have a consistent ability that improved Hanzo's ultility than one that does an excessive amount of damage and forces Hanzo to aim at peoples feet.

There are 7 atoms that make up salt and therefore we shall have 7 Scatter arrow projectiles to deliver it.

if I hear another person say the word consistent i will slap him in the face
04/18/2017 04:12 PMPosted by ChillPill
04/18/2017 04:03 PMPosted by GoldenRule

if I hear another person say the word consistent i will slap him in the face

Good thing you're only reading it then :D

Unless... you're reading out loud....

which would mean YOU were the person to next say "consistent"

Did you slap yourself? xD
While I think scatter arrow works in most senses, it does feel too random to work for anything other than shooting the ground to turn it into a shotgun. I have never once actually fired a scatter arrow into a small space and actually killed the people inside it. 90% of the time it doesn't even hit them. Yet, every time I shoot someone's feet it one shots them
They technically work, but the arrows just don't work well enough to consistently pack that damage when fired into a small space like they should
Id like to see the scatter arrow replaced with a poison arrow that will spread to all enemy's in the area of effect that does damage over time

Because we could always use MORE DOTs
I always thought Scatter arrow should work like M203 grenades. Once its fired it has to travel a minimum distance before it will explode.

Scatter arrow has to be the cheesiest attack in the game.