Everyday patch?

General Discussion
What's with the 48 MB patch everyday?

Sorry if I'm being ignorant here. Just wanna know if it's happening to everyone.
yup i'm curious too
Could be anything, cheat detection updates, other miscellaneous updates that don't necessarily call for a list of patch notes.
Hey there folks, we've had a few very small patches which are updates to the Overwatch.exe. We've been tracking down a particularly elusive memory bug, and as a result we've had more patches than normal.

These patches are only downloaded when you're not in game, usually about 30M in size, and for the vast majority of players have no impact.

Cheers!
OK thanks for the quick reply.
04/20/2017 09:55 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey there folks, we've had a few very small patches which are updates to the Overwatch.exe. We've been tracking down a particularly elusive memory bug, and as a result we've had more patches than normal.

These patches are only downloaded when you're not in game, usually about 30M in size, and for the vast majority of players have no impact.

Cheers!

Would this bug be the cause of my fps fluctuation problem?
Oh. Well, I hope that gets sorted out.
04/20/2017 10:00 PMPosted by Goedmaker
Would this bug be the cause of my fps fluctuation problem?

I wouldn't expect these patches to have a significant impact on your FPS. If you're having some issues please make a post on our tech forums and one of our tech support folks can try to assist.

Cheers!
today i had a leaver on the enemy team whos game was forcibly closed to update
Edit:sure downvote for saying something that happens regularly

Cheers!

I have a week with slowdown problems and when I look at the memory used by the game is 2000-2500mb (1000-1500mb is normal for me). Should these patch help me with that problem?
04/20/2017 10:06 PMPosted by SlimShady

Cheers!
today i had a leaver on the enemy team whos game was forcibly closed to update

The same thing happened to me just now, the enemy team told us that one of their players' games had been forcibly shut down for an update.
I believe there's confusion for players when they disconnect or crash and then their client updates. There's assumptions made that the reason they were disconnected was to perform the update, however, the most recent update was several hours ago.

Cheers!

Problem is, for people like me who have data limits(yes some ppl have data limits in 2017 - make fun of me all you want) it's not just 35mb. Fetching the CDN, Manifest, and all that crap usually adds up to 100-120mb+ on top of the 35mb. This is starting to add up, I really hope your testing or whatever is done soon, tired of wasting the data.
I am also forced to download this 48mb patch with my first startup of bnet for the day. These small patches have forced my fps down to around 30 and my computer needs to be restarted for overwatch to act normal.