Who picked these committee candidates?

General Discussion
I dont understand who picked these 10 players to represent our country as committee candidates?

Who the hell are most of these people on the list. I'm seeing some bs here, major BS.
I don't know any of them, so I just voted based on their personal blurbs.

Mr. Supernatural Sixth Sense Picker got a vote because he made me laugh.

Mr. "I've tracked things and used statistics" got a vote because somebody needs to be a professional.

and

Mr. "I would consider it an honor to be elected" got a vote because he sounded the most genuine.

I encourage everyone to vote for my picks because I think Mr. Sixth Sense fighting with Mr. Statistics would be incredibly entertaining to hear about in the Overwatch gossip circles.

There were two I immediately "Noped" out of:

Mr. 'MURICA BOYZ! didn't get a vote because he sounded obnoxious.

Mr. "I have no doubt I'm the best qualified" didn't get a vote because obviously not. There are a bunch of candidates there, Bud. And I don't know who any of you are.
04/28/2017 11:09 AMPosted by escampee
I don't know any of them, so I just voted based on their personal blurbs.

Mr. Supernatural Sixth Sense Picker got a vote because he made me laugh.

Mr. "I've tracked things and used statistics" got a vote because somebody needs to be a professional.

and

Mr. "I would consider it an honor to be elected" got a vote because he sounded the most genuine.

I encourage everyone to vote for my picks because I think Mr. Sixth Sense fighting with Mr. Statistics would be incredibly entertaining to hear about in the Overwatch gossip circles.

There were two I immediately "Noped" out of:

Mr. 'MURICA BOYZ! didn't get a vote because he sounded obnoxious.

Mr. "I have no doubt I'm the best qualified" didn't get a vote because obviously not. There are a bunch of candidates there, Bud. And I don't know who any of you are.

Exactly, no a fan of this opaque picking of candidates. Feels like the fifa organization all over again.
https://gyazo.com/47039b0d06c58a115c9d681561a7ce72

Can relate...
Yeah I was a bit surprised I didn't really know any of them.
I'd love to see the other candidates, but other sites don't even have most of them. Some don't even have half the repped countries. Some sites have all the countries but don't have all the players or just four.

Quick Edit: I'd also like to mention that I just voted and can't see the candidates. I'd at least like to look over who I voted for (the only person I voted for was Ster since it was really the only person I knew, and have seen him play, and I just picked whoever seemed the most professional, I.E., I have done 6 years of commentating on esports, I have followed OW before the game even came out, etc.). I hope next year Blizzard can add some highlights, or rather, the people who will play can at least provide highlight reels of some of their best plays, best games, and their statistics (Healing averages, Damage averages, Win/Loss ratios, Hero Play time, and hours played.)
They aren't players (at least for USA) in the sense that they will be on the team. They are generally people in the competitive overwatch community like coaches, analysts, and game casters who know a great deal about the professional scene in their respective country. They will be responsible with putting together the team of players who represent their country. For most large countries, they are ineligible to play. You don't know who they are because you don't follow the pro scene well enough to know who the "behind the scenes" people are.
Someone at Blizz probably handpicked them to ensure we don't pull a Boaty McBoatface