Mercy Q&A with host HiddenSquid

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
06/24/2017 06:33 AMPosted by SekcChalklit
Why is Mercy even in this game?

Bruh when you're trying to make a serious help thread. -_-
So that you will have something to blame when you lose.
06/24/2017 06:06 AMPosted by HiddenSquid
06/24/2017 02:12 AMPosted by Manic
...Thanks again for the feedback.

Sorry I couldn't watch in real-time as I had to go to sleep.

I knew the rezzes were really low. I think that's at least some percentage on my team for dying as split up as they were, but going back, I think I definitely could of had at least nine or ten.

This will probably be hard to do based on just this video and the last one you watched, but can you try to give me some info on where you think I could end up playing Mercy?

Low End (The minimum SR you think I should be):
Middle Ground (Where you think I'll most likely end up):
High End (The maximum SR you think I could possibly reach):

Difficult question as it depends on how you'll adjust to better opponents. If you work on the things I suggested you'll climb to diamond, perhaps masters.
Thanks again man.

I like to think that I have a pretty high ceiling as Mercy.
Got another question, Squid. I'm sure that since you solo-queue exclusively, you've been stuck with a lot of teammates who seemingly can't play to save their lives, or maybe they're playing with their monitors turned off. So when you're in a match that feels like a certain loss, do you do anything different in regard to your play?
Hi HiddenSquid

I heard that you are really good with Mercy, everyone on the forum seems to say the same... So, here's my question. I did it in another topic but didn't get a lot of answers (even if i got some usefull ones).

Can you review this video of my gameplay with Mercy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4VJNSkC22U&feature=youtu.be ?

I'm actually platinum and i climbed from bronze with her but i seems to be a bit stuck now. I don't blame my teammates but myself, and i'm sure there's lot of room for improvement, so can you take an honest look at my gameplay and tell me what is wrong ? I'm SURE a lot of things are wrong here, even though we won the match, and i'd like to know what. Because no matter how much i look back at this video, i can't seems to find my mistake.

Thanks by advance !
06/30/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Manic
Got another question, Squid. I'm sure that since you solo-queue exclusively, you've been stuck with a lot of teammates who seemingly can't play to save their lives, or maybe they're playing with their monitors turned off. So when you're in a match that feels like a certain loss, do you do anything different in regard to your play?

Manic,

You need to determine if your teammates are poor but willing to listen or poor and unwilling to listen.

I suggest what people should pick, where they should stand, who they should focus, and when they should and shouldn't use ultimates.

If your team won't listen, you need to maximize your chances of winning by spending more time on the better players of the bunch.
06/30/2017 03:20 PMPosted by Naz
Hi HiddenSquid

I heard that you are really good with Mercy, everyone on the forum seems to say the same... So, here's my question. I did it in another topic but didn't get a lot of answers (even if i got some usefull ones).

Can you review this video of my gameplay with Mercy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4VJNSkC22U&feature=youtu.be ?

I'm actually platinum and i climbed from bronze with her but i seems to be a bit stuck now. I don't blame my teammates but myself, and i'm sure there's lot of room for improvement, so can you take an honest look at my gameplay and tell me what is wrong ? I'm SURE a lot of things are wrong here, even though we won the match, and i'd like to know what. Because no matter how much i look back at this video, i can't seems to find my mistake.

Thanks by advance !

I will try to do a video review, I am on vacation or I would have done this earlier.
06/30/2017 03:20 PMPosted by Naz

Reviewed, lots for you to work on. See video below.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155669778
Tell me about my Mercy. Any tips appreciated.
06/30/2017 06:06 PMPosted by BT160918

Send me gameplay.
lol mercy
06/30/2017 06:20 PMPosted by HiddenSquid
06/30/2017 06:06 PMPosted by BT160918

Send me gameplay.

Ah, ok. I figured you would do your magic after looking at my stats.
06/30/2017 04:01 PMPosted by HiddenSquid
06/30/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Manic

Manic,

You need to determine if your teammates are poor but willing to listen or poor and unwilling to listen.

I suggest what people should pick, where they should stand, who they should focus, and when they should and shouldn't use ultimates.

If your team won't listen, you need to maximize your chances of winning by spending more time on the better players of the bunch.
So you play like more of a quarterback in-game, I see. I try to coordinate our ULT pushes and let the team know what pushes the enemy might make so they aren't caught off guard, but I don't go to that level. Maybe I should try.

I do typically take note of who the better players are and gravitate toward them, in terms of it sometimes affecting my positioning and definitely affecting who I'm going to prioritize throughout the game.

I was off today and decided to play some comp, going 7-1. I started the season being put in a lot of one-sided losses, so I'm not sure if the result was more influenced by me attempting to improve my play, or just the system trying to balance out my matches. Either way, most of the games were stomps so there really aren't any matches worth sending to you.
06/30/2017 06:31 PMPosted by Manic
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Manic,

So you play like more of a quarterback in-game, I see. I try to coordinate our ULT pushes and let the team know what pushes the enemy might make so they aren't caught off guard, but I don't go to that level. Maybe I should try.

I do typically take note of who the better players are and gravitate toward them, in terms of it sometimes affecting my positioning and definitely affecting who I'm going to prioritize throughout the game.

I was off today and decided to play some comp, going 7-1. I started the season being put in a lot of one-sided losses, so I'm not sure if the result was more influenced by me attempting to improve my play, or just the system trying to balance out my matches. Either way, most of the games were stomps so there really aren't any matches worth sending to you.

I mentioned you in Naz's Mercy review, you're internet famous!

Happy to hear about the win streak. You have to be good to be lucky!
Thanks for your thought Hiddensquid, i've watched your video, it helped me.

I'll try and apply your tips, and no it didn't sounded critical to me, you help me improve, i listen !

Because if a player is from Tf2, then they might like Mercy if they were a Medic main??? She IS the generic healer in the healer class
...So you play like more of a quarterback in-game, I see. I try to coordinate our ULT pushes and let the team know what pushes the enemy might make so they aren't caught off guard, but I don't go to that level. Maybe I should try.

I just was able to watch your review on Naz. I noticed you bring up his GA usage a lot, but I didn't hear you say much about it during your review of my Route 66 game, except when you went over improving my Pharmercy play. So I wanted to know what you thought about it outside the context of Pharmercy.
07/01/2017 03:55 PMPosted by Manic

I just was able to watch your review on Naz. I noticed you bring up his GA usage a lot, but I didn't hear you say much about it during your review of my Route 66 game, except when you went over improving my Pharmercy play. So I wanted to know what you thought about it outside the context of Pharmercy.

You also need to use it more, and manage the distance better. But you're further along than Naz.
<span class="truncated">...</span>I just was able to watch your review on Naz. I noticed you bring up his GA usage a lot, but I didn't hear you say much about it during your review of my Route 66 game, except when you went over improving my Pharmercy play. So I wanted to know what you thought about it outside the context of Pharmercy.

You also need to use it more, and manage the distance better. But you're further along than Naz.
I feel you. I tend to my think my GA usage is okay and my GA-cancelling isn't bad, but I'll take your word for it and pay attention to it when I go back and watch the tape on the matches I played yesterday.

And damn, I felt like you went in on him a little in that video, lol.
07/01/2017 04:46 PMPosted by Manic

I feel you. I tend to my think my GA usage is okay and my GA-cancelling isn't bad, but I'll take your word for it and pay attention to it when I go back and watch the tape on the matches I played yesterday.

And damn, I felt like you went in on him a little in that video, lol.

Mercy is the highest played hero with the least thought applied. I thought it would be helpful for him to hear my thoughts "realtime" and also my confusion at his choices.