Why Does Roadhog Deserve to Have His Alt Fire?

General Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
Highly Rated
-He has 600 hp
-A long range hook to compensate for his regular fire'a short range
- He has 300 hp heal
For a character that has everything he needs to get him and or his enemies close to him he has an alt fire to take away a method of counterplay if it counts even as a method. "Dodge the hook so you don't get one shotted" oh but hey I have an alt fire too and I'll just one shot with you with that.

Try to defend why he SHOULD have an alt fire. All this alt fire does is take away a method of counterplay which should be effective if he misses his hook or to mention he has a shotgun to 1 shot when you get close.

Edit: 300 hp heal my b
Highly Rated
300 hp heal*

Edit: Downvoted for stating a fact. Wow.
Highly Rated
"B-b-b-but if he didn't have it he would be defenceless without his hook" *Insert one trick hog main sooking noises*
Highly Rated
https://gfycat.com/RespectfulOnlyKusimanse

Hog mains like to downvote this, but they never really try to argue why it's justified.

Short answer, it's because they can't. Roadhog does not deserve his alt fire.
Highly Rated
you should be happy he doesnt have a 3rd one
Highly Rated
Honestly though, I just posted this clip in another hog thread but it applies here.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hybrid%20M3T4/video/31101123

I overextend like an idiot, !@#$ up my hook, get chased into a corridor by a Pharah and Hog, ONE SHOT THE GOD-DAMN PHARAH then I proceed to heal and kill the hog, Balanced/10
Highly Rated
he doesn't deserve an alt fire...
05/18/2017 03:47 PMPosted by M3T4
Honestly though, I just posted this clip in another hog thread but it applies here.

I overextend like an idiot, !@#$ up my hook, get chased into a corridor by a Pharah and Hog, ONE SHOT THE GOD-DAMN PHARAH then I proceed to heal and kill the hog, Balanced/10
they were both out of position
05/18/2017 03:44 PMPosted by CamRa
300 hp heal*

Edit: Downvoted for stating a fact. Wow.

Ty for the correction I meant 300
05/18/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Killbill
05/18/2017 03:47 PMPosted by M3T4

they were both out of position

So was I to begin with, yet I won the 2v1.
Waaah. Shut up already. You play a Roadhog counter. Get over it.
I like playing Hog, but I'd be ok if they got rid of it. It is quite the skill shot if it lands, but it can be too easily spammed. Maybe add a cooldown on it? Or make it use all 4 charges of his weapons causing a mandatory reload after?
05/18/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Coreym11
-He has 600 hp
- He has 600 hp heal
For a character that has everything he needs to get him and or his enemies close to him he has an alt fire to take away a method of counterplay if it counts even as a method. "Dodge the hook so you don't get one shotted" oh but hey I have an alt fire too and I'll just one shot with you with that.

Try to defend why he SHOULD have an alt fire. All this alt fire does is take away a method of counterplay which should be effective if he misses his hook or to mention he has a shotgun to 1 shot when you get close.

Holy hell you're whining like a little kid.

So you want him to be only effective at a maximum of 3 metres? With a huge !@# hitbox, slow movement speed and a huge cooldown on his kit? Ok man, you make sense.

Ok, since you don't seem to get it. It would make him a worse Reaper. It would throw him into fricking Z tier, that's how bad he would be. He would need huge buffs to his kit in order to make him useful. He has exactly TWO ranges where he deals damage, one of the VERY few heroes who are limited in their damage capabilities. So yeah, are you still on your horse why people "try to defend" that? Get some sense for logic please.
05/18/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Ixron
https://gfycat.com/RespectfulOnlyKusimanse

Hog mains like to downvote this, but they never really try argue why it's justified.

Short answer, it's because they can't. Roadhog does not deserve his alt fire.

It's infuriating seeing kills like this from hog, I can guaruntee that the hog did not fully get that 1 shot on purpose, he just aimed roughly around your head area and fired his alt fire and resulted in an insta-kill.

When ever I've died to Roadhog it just always feels like an effortless, cheap as all hell kill, I've never once thought "wow, nice kill Roadhog", because nothing in his arsenal requires any general skill, you can't even reliably try and poke his health out because of his 300hp heal, when is Blizzard actually going to nerf/rework his stupid deranged kit?
I like how people are getting down voted (presumably by roadhog mains) and yet not a single person had defended road hog (presumably because RG is BS)
05/18/2017 03:54 PMPosted by BossHog

HAHAHAHAHAHAA your a silver roadhog main omg your comment and your career profile together are hilarious lol
05/18/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Dismas
05/18/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Coreym11
-He has 600 hp
- He has 600 hp heal

Holy hell you're whining like a little kid.

So you want him to be only effective at a maximum of 3 metres? With a huge !@# hitbox, slow movement speed and a huge cooldown on his kit? Ok man, you make sense.

Ok, since you don't seem to get it. It would make him a worse Reaper. It would throw him into fricking Z tier, that's how bad he would be. He would need huge buffs to his kit in order to make him useful. He has exactly TWO ranges where he deals damage, one of the VERY few heroes who are limited in their damage capabilities. So yeah, are you still on your horse why people "try to defend" that? Get some sense for logic please.

maybe for once in the entire game he should be a worse Reaper and not the other way around since he takes so little skill

thats the guy who thinks 7inches is that big -> |--------------------------------------------|
I've always wondered about this too, I mean if his hook instant kill and very rewarding shouldn't missing it be punishable ?
05/18/2017 03:54 PMPosted by BossHog

I didn't know you could play a nonexistent hero...