Why Does Roadhog Deserve to Have His Alt Fire?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
Same reason Widow can 1hk. Or Hanzo.

If he manages to get a headshot with his right-click while you are standing at exactly 10 metres away, and thus all pellets hit your face, that's a skillshot. Scrub hogs won't be doing that unless you're engaging at 10m, and he gets lucky (many hogs aim for centre of mass). Try not being at exactly 10m, and he's not even able to do this until you are.
05/18/2017 03:54 PMPosted by BossHog
Waaah. Shut up already. You play a Roadhog counter. Get over it.
How much does the Roadhog Mains Association pay for these low effort !@#$posts? Not a lot I'm guessing.
He would be a worse character. Not reaper bad but still.

Rework Reaper.
05/18/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Snackrat

If he manages to get a headshot with his right-click while you are standing at exactly 10 metres away, and thus all pellets hit your face, that's a skillshot. Scrub hogs won't be doing that unless you're engaging at 10m, and he gets lucky (many hogs aim for centre of mass). Try not being at exactly 10m, and he's not even able to do this until you are.
I get one every time i spawn as hog in mystery hero and i never even play him, why do you guys act like it's hard to land lol
Roadhog's alt fire has a very limited sweet spot to do good damage. It fires slow. Has only 4 shots before a slow reload animation. It requires extremely good aim.
I agree he doesn't need it and he really is OP honestly
05/18/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Snackrat

guess what! if hog misses your head you will still get enough dmg to die from a lucios boop. if widow miss your head the bullet will end up in the wall behind you. if you play 3v3 you should know that you get -40hp or something from one main structure to another with his alt.
05/18/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Shareef
I get one every time i spawn as hog in mystery hero and i never even play him, why do you guys act like it's hard to land lol

And I get several headshot kills before dying as Widowmaker in the same mode, despite my lack of sniper experience. That doesn't mean she needs to be nerfed so she doesn't do massive damage. That means she's playable.
05/18/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Dismas
Holy hell you're whining like a little kid.

So you want him to be only effective at a maximum of 3 metres? With a huge !@# hitbox, slow movement speed and a huge cooldown on his kit? Ok man, you make sense.

Ok, since you don't seem to get it. It would make him a worse Reaper. It would throw him into fricking Z tier, that's how bad he would be. He would need huge buffs to his kit in order to make him useful. He has exactly TWO ranges where he deals damage, one of the VERY few heroes who are limited in their damage capabilities. So yeah, are you still on your horse why people "try to defend" that? Get some sense for logic please.

1.- He's the only shotgun user that is effective at a distance of more than 3 meters.
2.- He's not slow, he's average.
3.- 8 seconds is not a huge cooldown by any stretch of the imagination.
4.- He SHOULD be a worse Reaper. Why should a tank be a better DPS than an actual DPS?
5.- No, he has 3 ranges (forgetting hook?), while Reaper has 1.
6.- No, he wouldn't drop to Z-tier, he would drop to Isn't-better-than-Reaper-in-every-single-situation-Reaper-would-be-viable-in tier.
I'm okay with him having an alt fire, I'm not okay with it being able to one shot people.
05/18/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Ixron
https://gfycat.com/RespectfulOnlyKusimanse

Hog mains like to downvote this, but they never really try to argue why it's justified.

Short answer, it's because they can't. Roadhog does not deserve his alt fire.

It has to be at a very specific distance for this to happen, usually at 10m. Any further, and the pellets get spread too far apart. Any less, it'll be a weak shot due to not spreading out. It happens, yes, but it's not a common occurrence. Again, it's a very specific distance for this to happen.
I love RH. RH is one of my main characters to play. RH does not need an alt fire. His ultimate killing combo and method of fighting IS the hook/shot OHKO combo. Although his alt fire is quite hard to land just right, it is not needed.
He needs it so that he's less reliant on his Hook and his opponents aren't pissed off by only being killed by his 1-2 Hook/LMB combo.
because geoff already failed to balance 3 games
05/18/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Dismas

So you want him to be only effective at a maximum of 3 metres? With a huge !@# hitbox, slow movement speed and a huge cooldown on his kit? Ok man, you make sense.

If you haven't noticed by now,

A: RH has the SAME movement speed as 87.5% of the roster. Genji, Tracer, and Lucio are the only heroes who has a faster base movement speed.

B: His CDs are the same as MOST OF THE ROSTER'S.

You want huge cool down?

• S76's Biotic Field is 15 seconds
  • Tracer's Recall is 12 seconds
  • Hanzo's Sonic Arrow is 20 seconds
  • Mei's Cryo Freeze is 12 seconds
  • WM's hook is 12 seconds and her mine is 15
  • Orisa's barrier is 12 seconds
  • Winston's barrier is 13 seconds
  • Ana's sleep dart is 12 seconds
  • Lucio's amp it up is 12 seconds
  • But RH's measly 8 second CDs on BOTH ABILITIES is too long. Next time you spout nonsense, do your research.
    Idea: Have enemies he hooks beyond 10 meters be moved to 10 meters in front of him. He can still get a potential instant kill but will require a bit more skill and could be countered by abilities due to travel time of the projectile.
    05/18/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Coreym11
    -He has 600 hp
    -A long range hook to compensate for his regular fire'a short range
    - He has 600 hp heal
    For a character that has everything he needs to get him and or his enemies close to him he has an alt fire to take away a method of counterplay if it counts even as a method. "Dodge the hook so you don't get one shotted" oh but hey I have an alt fire too and I'll just one shot with you with that.

Try to defend why he SHOULD have an alt fire. All this alt fire does is take away a method of counterplay which should be effective if he misses his hook or to mention he has a shotgun to 1 shot when you get close.

He would need the altfire to be effective at medium ranges and to deal with flankers, but both of his firing mode oneshot most heroes, so the point is moot.
    05/18/2017 03:44 PMPosted by CamRa
    300 hp heal*

Edit: Downvoted for stating a fact. Wow.

you'll notice people will downvote based on how you made them feel opposed to logic
    Roadhog is hands down the most poorly designed hero in this game. He should've been a disruptor tank (like dehaka or stitches from HoTS) and not this one man apocalypse. It's absurd that he can literally shred any hero in 1-2 shots. I'm so sick of roadhog and he either needs a complete overhaul or some actual counters to his broken, forgiving kit.
    Maybe dont stand exactly 10 meters away?