Why Does Roadhog Deserve to Have His Alt Fire?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 17 Next
05/18/2017 03:58 PMPosted by CrazyMage
05/18/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Dismas

Holy hell you're whining like a little kid.

So you want him to be only effective at a maximum of 3 metres? With a huge !@# hitbox, slow movement speed and a huge cooldown on his kit? Ok man, you make sense.

Ok, since you don't seem to get it. It would make him a worse Reaper. It would throw him into fricking Z tier, that's how bad he would be. He would need huge buffs to his kit in order to make him useful. He has exactly TWO ranges where he deals damage, one of the VERY few heroes who are limited in their damage capabilities. So yeah, are you still on your horse why people "try to defend" that? Get some sense for logic please.

maybe for once in the entire game he should be a worse Reaper and not the other way around since he takes so little skill

Eh....no..
Reaper takes less skill, hog actually have to aim to land the hook
05/20/2017 10:02 AMPosted by SlayerAdam
05/20/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Dysvalence

imo everything else needs a buff, I'm scared of barrierwatch+sombra every game
That would lead to a massive power creep.
If you don't expect Soldier and Roadhog to be the standard, then you need much fewer changes, with much less opportunities to !@#$ up.

Looking at pro play, Tracer, Genji, Soldier, and Hog are all preeminent DPS picks in the current meta; imo the creep has already happened, and we've reached a decently stable and playable meta for half the cast.
But the alt fire isn't that much than his main fire. In a way the only way for someone to kill a hog is really not to go in on your own. Bring a team with you to kill the hog then wipe the team. Yes it can be hard when solo queing but even so the team sees a hog they would want the hog dead.

Also hook is fair , punishes you for the position your in . As a hog player I do see alot of DPS , supports and defence hero's on there own rather than sticking with the group. Once your on your own you really are asking for it hah.

But in a group engagement with both teams as hogs they intended to go after the supports first . But of course the tanks tend to stick by there supports so no flankers or hogs can go after them.

Just like reins charge or even an arrow or even anyone who kills you. You were there just at the most worst timing of bad luck.

Hope this shows not one-sided but as an equal thing.
His alternate fire needs to be reworked, not removed.
You are out of position if you play 20meters around roadhog radius.
05/20/2017 10:35 AMPosted by Zenaku
Also hook is fair , punishes you for the position your in
Everything you said is not worth listening to ever again.
Stop using the out of position fallacy!
i am sure more hogs use the alt as main. i definitely use alt 75% of the time.
05/18/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Coreym11
-He has 600 hp
-A long range hook to compensate for his regular fire'a short range
- He has 300 hp heal
For a character that has everything he needs to get him and or his enemies close to him he has an alt fire to take away a method of counterplay if it counts even as a method. "Dodge the hook so you don't get one shotted" oh but hey I have an alt fire too and I'll just one shot with you with that.

Try to defend why he SHOULD have an alt fire. All this alt fire does is take away a method of counterplay which should be effective if he misses his hook or to mention he has a shotgun to 1 shot when you get close.

Edit: 300 hp heal my b

Ok...

- If he misses his hook, he has absolutely no way to defend himself besides getting behind an obstacle or healing himself. Every other tank has a way to defend himself, and in Rhog's case, his defense is his alt fire to remind people that he can get kills from a distance too, and his hook isn't everything.
- How is it fair that every other tank can deal in long distance, has ways of getting out of harms way, and the issue is somehow Rhog's long distance capability. Why not bring up Zarya's long distance, or Rein's Firestrike, or Orisa's mini-Graviton that can pull people out from behind obstacles to secure kills?

I'm almost 100% sure that the people behind creating these characters tried to make them all somewhat equal, not in terms of output, but in terms of # of functions. You look at all the tanks, they all have ways to deal long distance damage, however small or big, and ways to defend themselves/keep their enemies from diving them. It wasn't so much a 'lets make this character that hooks people have a long distance trigger', it was more so making sure that all the tanks had the same amount of functionality. Just MO.
05/20/2017 09:42 AMPosted by Ghostly
"Heroes like Reaper that are generally supposed to be good at taking down tanks"

05/20/2017 06:49 AMPosted by SeraphLance
He's an incidental tankbuster because he's a short-range hero that does a ton of damage. What is Roadhog? A short-range hero that does a ton of damage.
05/20/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Kryton
It blows my mind that blizzard hasn't changed roadhog in a year of this game being out. Granted, they tried to but then were scared when doing so.

Something has to give...

1. His alt fire removed
2. Hook combo instakill removed
3. Instakill without hook removed
4. Penalties associated with missing hook in general
5. His health pool / self heal

Come on Blizzard what is the deal here... pick one already.

So you want to make Roadhog worse then Krusher when he's playing Mercy.
I think a better question is why was his long range shot given to Roadhog rather than the offense character, Reaper?
05/20/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Volcore
If he misses his hook, he has absolutely no way to defend himself besides getting behind an obstacle or healing himself.
225 dmg shots. I'm not even going to read any longer, your arguments are invalid.
Having his alt fire removed would be OK in my books. It feels weird that he has a medium range attack, when his kit is about pulling people to him and dealing with them at close range. To compensate, they could give him maybe one or two more ammo?

Or instead of just removing the alt fire, make it knock people back instead of dealing damage? Would create an interesting pushing and pulling mechanic for him?
Alt Fire is busted in it's current state.
I accidentally one tapped a Mccree and Zenyatta within like two seconds of eachother.
With the new spread the sweet spot is super forgiving. There's actually two sweet spots depending on character models and health.

I'd be okay with Hog's alt fire if it didn't explode into a shotgun blast and just stayed as the junk ball.
I know I'll be downvoted but for god sake quit with the saltiness. I don't main RH, but I do go against him a fair amount as almost every character since I flex in Masters. He's not hard to deal with I mean just dodge his fricken hook and bounce around him till he's dead. How is it so hard for you guys to play the game without complaining for once?
05/20/2017 11:37 AMPosted by MamaLuigi
I'd be okay with Hog's alt fire if it didn't explode into a shotgun blast and just stayed as the junk ball.
Which deals 50 damage before exploding, and frankly that's ok. He's supposed to be mediocre at anything beyond meatshot range. You want him to be Fat Reaper? Alt fire goes bye bye.
05/20/2017 11:43 AMPosted by Flash
He's not hard to deal with I mean just dodge his fricken hook and bounce around him till he's dead.

I actually cannot tell if sarcasm or not.
05/20/2017 11:29 AMPosted by SlayerAdam
05/20/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Volcore
If he misses his hook, he has absolutely no way to defend himself besides getting behind an obstacle or healing himself.
225 dmg shots. I'm not even going to read any longer, your arguments are invalid.

Huh surprise surprise

Somehow I knew I'd find Mr.Crazy(Igotcarriedhard)Mage and Mr.Slayer(isuckateverything)Adam

Just admit you suck and maybe things will seem better

;)
05/20/2017 11:49 AMPosted by GrizzledEngi
05/20/2017 11:29 AMPosted by SlayerAdam
...225 dmg shots. I'm not even going to read any longer, your arguments are invalid.

Huh surprise surprise

Somehow I knew I'd find Mr.Crazy(Igotcarriedhard)Mage and Mr.Slayer(isuckateverything)Adam

Just admit you suck and maybe things will seem better

;)
Says the plat