No Pharah Nerf? Seriously? And the only counter get a nerf?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Highly Rated
This is no rant. Simply Pharah has become a very powerful character where many matches are given a winning tide because an enemy team chooses pharah. I understand there are various counters but people are at times unwilling to cooperate or do not take Pharah as a serious target or simply cannot aim well at her.

Soldier is practically the most well known counter and he received a nerf. Orisa which could also put out some damage to Pharah also received a nerf. McCree while good is not the best counter unless you have great aim.

And dear lord help people, because PharMercy pairs will be more powerful than ever. Please appropriately FIX pharah. I'm unsure if she needs lower health, lower damage, or lower mobility, or a more complicated playstyle, but she is currenty unbalanced and it is quite clear.

EDIT: I am asking for a FIX where she feels balanced to play against. I don't understand how soldier gets a damage nerf because he was a "must pick" ... and pharah is the same when she's also a "must pick".
Why would they nerf Pharah? Just shoot her, it lowers her effectiveness significantly.
05/23/2017 12:14 PMPosted by BigCheese
Why would they nerf Pharah? Just shoot her, it lowers her effectiveness significantly.

According to Blizzard Soldier was nerfed because he was a "must pick" its the same for pharah, she is a "must pick" character.

All I'm asking is for a fix where she feels more balanced to fight against.
Soldier is not the "only counter" to Pharah. He's not even the best counter.

Pick Widow, get a headshot. Boom, Pharah is dead, even if she has a Mercy attached to her hip.
I won't speak to PC but on console pharah is a damn nightmare and this nerf will only make her worse
Bastion in Recon is great too, Orisa is good as well. She can be countered if the team just focus fires her too.
05/23/2017 12:19 PMPosted by Trish
Soldier is not the "only counter" to Pharah. He's not even the best counter.

Pick Widow, get a headshot. Boom, Pharah is dead, even if she has a Mercy attached to her hip.

In other words, outskill her by 9000 orders of magnitudes. Easy.
Widow counters an overconfident Pharmercy spamming at long range out in the open. Good Pharahs who actually wreck your team by using cover and diving in close are better dealt with by using McCree.
Only counter is soldier? Huh...........guess McCree, Widow, D.Va and Winston should rethink their places in life.
On PC and Quick Play (sorry, I don't play competitive so I can't comment) she's only a problem when a team ignores her. We had a Pharmacy wreaking havoc on our team until we finally had two people switch to Zenyatta and Soldier. Problem solved. I have yet to see a Pharah ruin the game of a team that is legitimately trying to counter her. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't think it requires as many OMG, Pharah OP posts as I see.
05/23/2017 12:21 PMPosted by DireRaven
I won't speak to PC but on console pharah is a damn nightmare and this nerf will only make her worse

I play on Xbone. Pharah isn't a big deal on console. Just shoot her and she'll drop out of the sky. You don't even have to kill her. Pharmercy? One person shoot Pharah, the other Mercy. Once again, no eliminations required. They'll be dropping out of sight so often, they'll only be a detriment to their team. Zenyatta helps, too.
Pharah isn't OP. That's probably why they didn't nerf her. You still have widowmaker for an easy instant kill against pharah.
Stop whinign about Pharah nerfs. She is balanced. End of story. If you can't deal with her you need to focus on improving instead of coming here to whine.
health nerf or rocket boost increased CD would be nice
I don't even bother trying to kill a pharah
but... many heros can use a nerf or buff the other heros so....
Dang are you serious? Only because you're probably bad at dealing with her doesn't mean she needs a nerf. From that point of view, I could say "nerf reaper or roadhog cause they can one-shot heroes" like c'mon. Pharmercy is a combo like every other. She can be annoying with a bastion behind Reinhardt too. Does bastion then need a nerf? No.
05/23/2017 12:14 PMPosted by BigCheese
you have to understand the the nerf to soldier is universal and your playing on the PC platform where the' just shot her" as you say is alot easier to do Pharah and the pharmacy will dominate the console the best counter to this was soldier and he wasn't even a counter just something to try and contest it with ...this is why PC and console should have there own separate balancing because we play differently
Yea just shoot her, its not like she shoots back or like you have damage falloff making it harder. You know just get your entire team to counter 2 people and let the other team steamroll you while you are countering 2 people. BALANCE!
nerf torbs turrets the Nerfing then spread to baston gun, nerffing damg from Ana and now the nerf to soildier has ultmaitly gave 4 buffs to Pharah and has alowed the pharmecy they need to nerf her as well since her counters have been nerfed
05/23/2017 12:48 PMPosted by DarkDraw
nerf torbs turrets the Nerfing then spread to baston gun, nerffing damg from Ana and now the nerf to soildier has ultmaitly gave 4 buffs to Pharah and has alowed the pharmecy they need to nerf her as well since her counters have been nerfed
Exactly why she is ontop atm, they keep nerfing her 'counters' and they were never hard counters to begin with.