No Pharah Nerf? Seriously? And the only counter get a nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
McCree didn't get a nerf, but that is only because they forget he exists at all.
05/23/2017 12:37 PMPosted by DarkDraw
05/23/2017 12:14 PMPosted by BigCheese
Why would they nerf Pharah? Just shoot her, it lowers her effectiveness significantly.
you have to understand the the nerf to soldier is universal and your playing on the PC platform where the' just shot her" as you say is alot easier to do Pharah and the pharmacy will dominate the console the best counter to this was soldier and he wasn't even a counter just something to try and contest it with ...this is why PC and console should have there own separate balancing because we play differently

Fair enough.

On PC, even in quickplay she's no problem. I can't imagine it's all that hard with a controller, she moves very predictably.
Problem with Pharah is simply her flight time. Stop her remaining in the air indefinitely so she's forced to land every so often and I think that's a fair balance. In most matches she's a 'must pick' so I don't understand why she hasn't received some kind of change yet.
05/23/2017 12:50 PMPosted by Reboticon
McCree didn't get a nerf, but that is only because they forget he exists at all.

He got his effective range nerfed. Just because its been some ime, doesnt mean it doesnt count.
Okay Pharah main here. I could write a really long post about her like I normally do but i'll make it quick.

People don't look up. That's why she feels super powered. In ranks below Plat an above average Pharah destroys people simply because people don't know how to fight her very well. When you get up into higher ranks she is almost never picked (just look up her pickrate compared to Soldier) because people know that she is a nuker and they should take her out ASAP.

05/23/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Eihder
05/23/2017 12:48 PMPosted by DarkDraw
nerf torbs turrets the Nerfing then spread to baston gun, nerffing damg from Ana and now the nerf to soildier has ultmaitly gave 4 buffs to Pharah and has alowed the pharmecy they need to nerf her as well since her counters have been nerfed
Exactly why she is ontop atm, they keep nerfing her 'counters' and they were never hard counters to begin with.

She is not on top right now? where did you see this?

05/23/2017 01:22 PMPosted by IXEL
Problem with Pharah is simply her flight time. Stop her remaining in the air indefinitely so she's forced to land every so often and I think that's a fair balance. In most matches she's a 'must pick' so I don't understand why she hasn't received some kind of change yet.

She is not a must pick. I don't think you know what a must pick is. Season 1-3 Lucio's were a must pick as he had (and i'm recalling this as accurately as I can remember) a 20%+ pickrate in higher level competitive because without him a team WOULD almost guaranteed lose. Soldier is a current must-pick because he could dish out more damage consistently than any other hero out there. Without a soldier the enemy team could pick whatever hero they wanted.
At master and Grandmaster level Soldier 76 has 3X higher pickrate than Pharah. That's because they know what they're doing.

Soldier had the highest dps rate of any offense hero out there - he also is more consistent and can heal his team. He is also down with his team which is very important for skilled teams. The thing Pharah brings to the table is that she can take people out and people will not look up to get her - and she can surprise the enemy team with her ult if done right. Both of those things cannot be done if the enemy team even slightly knows what they're doing.
Rant: speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.

If Blizzard thought she was an issue, she'd be nerfed. End of story.
05/23/2017 12:19 PMPosted by Trish
Soldier is not the "only counter" to Pharah. He's not even the best counter.

Pick Widow, get a headshot. Boom, Pharah is dead, even if she has a Mercy attached to her hip.
There is a big issue when out of 24 heroes, only one can counter a Pharah adequately enough
Here's a thread I made showing who I get killed by playing as Pharah. Surprise: everyone makes the list. It's not supposed to show anything or prove anything with the only exception being that she's not the invincible killing machine people think she is and can indeed be killed by the entire roster.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754446852?page=1
It takes 1 more bullet.....

Pharah is countered by widow, dva, Mcree, 76, Winston, Ana or a really good Hanzo/Mei.

Pharah is fine.
you forgot they nerfed bastion to, that was great counter to phara before
05/23/2017 02:55 PMPosted by AlphaVI
you forgot they nerfed bastion to, that was great counter to phara before

still is
Lot of Phara mains on the forums today...
To be fair, Pharah more a skill Hero like Widowmaker, Just came out of a match, where I had to stare in wonder at our Pharah, could not land a single shot. It was so sad, that she thought she was doing well.
Soldier is not her only counter, he just is her only counter that isn't F tier.
05/23/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Taionyr

People don't look up. That's why she feels super powered. In ranks below Plat an above average Pharah destroys people simply because people don't know how to fight her very well. When you get up into higher ranks she is almost never picked (just look up her pickrate compared to Soldier) because people know that she is a nuker and they should take her out ASAP.

She is not contributing to the team, thats why she is never picked in higher ranks.
The same goes for all the other heroes that never touch the objectives.

She cannot reliably be countered unless behind every corner McCree, Soldier, Bastion, Widow, Ana and a Turret are waiting for her.

Her so called "counters" only have the ability to do anything to her at all.
All the others are completely helpless.

I say give her a larger hitbox.
blizzard don't have any !@#$ing idea what they're doing
Give her 150 health with shields. Bam balanced.
Bro, I can shoot pharah out of the sky easily with mccree and widowmaker. I can even kill her with sombra, tracer and genji if I have too. Get gud.
It's really weird they seem to ignore how powerful Pharah is even in the most mediocre of hands if a Mercy is pocketing her.
05/23/2017 12:21 PMPosted by DireRaven
I won't speak to PC but on console pharah is a damn nightmare and this nerf will only make her worse

Agreed adding the mercy to her is more hellish.