Why did they remove Beyblade reaper?

General Discussion
I was there for it. It was alot more exciting.
Mercy mains did it!
Blizzard hates spinning (fidgets XD OMG LMAO LOLOLOL)
Geoff got his toe cut by an og dragoon and nerfed Reaper out of anger
I believe they removed the speed buff for a few reasons.
1. nano boosted rein was impossible to run away from
2. when people discovered "beyblade" reaper and ana were in almost every match of competitive.
Because they wanted to tone down Ana, and it didnt work, so they had to hit her again.

Thats what I figure.
Do you really want NanoBlade / NanoVisor with an extra movement speed boost too?
I wish they could just give Reaper a speed buff when he's ulting.

Would bring him back into viability.
05/30/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Matthouse70
Mercy mains did it!

It was dva mains this time!
it didn't have much counter play. it happened so fast and the dps was so high there wasn't much you could do about it other than hope your lucio booped him far enough away or something.
05/30/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Izanami
it didn't have much counter play. it happened so fast and the dps was so high there wasn't much you could do about it other than hope your lucio booped him far enough away or something.

It wasn't because of a lack of counterplay. The counterplay was the same as it is now, you boop him or concussion mine him away from the team. You just had to pay more attention to where Reaper was than you do now.
05/30/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Coulombe
I wish they could just give Reaper a speed buff when he's ulting.

Would bring him back into viability.

Transcendence got speed buff, why Death Blossom can't?
What's so hard about sticking a Lucio on him when he's ulting? Instant beyblade.
Apparently the speed boost was too OP because no one wanted to counter it
If they'd made it so the speed boost didn't stack with (at the time 30m aura) Lucio speed boost, it would have been fine
According to the patch notes:
The increased speed from Ana’s Nano Boost made the ability feel unstoppable and forced Ana players to select targets that could really take advantage of the speed boost. Removing the speed boost means that Ana has a reason to apply Nano Boost to a larger variety of heroes, and enemies can fend off the attack more easily.
Basically, people never had a reason to boost anything besides Reaper or Reinhardt, because they could easily stomp through the map and wipe the enemy team, and were pretty much unstoppable.
Because if Mercy isn't the Go-To healer they need to start breaking !@#$.
.. because there was no effective way to shut it down but another Ana's sleep dart?
Nano-blossom burns through Rein shields, Transcendence and sonic barrier like hot knife through butter. You can't run away from it since Reaper basically moves at your own speed (and they can have a Lucio speed-boosting the case). And you can't take Reaper down since it's not enough time - he's way tankier and all the things around live for a split-second.

Well, it may be worth mentioning that stuff like Hog's hook was sometimes working (because Hog isn't someone to kill in less than half a second even with nano-blossom), but that's a neglectable obstacle. Flash-bang? Nope, you're dead before pressing a button since you need to be close to Reaper to do it. Lucio's boop? See McCree's case.

And so on. TTK was too short to react even on a pro level and all you could realistically do is to run same thing hoping to use it more effectively and getting it quicker. That's not something which should have place in game. That being said, I have nothing against Reaper getting improvements on other departments.
05/30/2017 12:50 PMPosted by HappyFeet
Geoff got his toe cut by an og dragoon and nerfed Reaper out of anger

Can you find me the one time Reaper got an actual nerf?
'cause I'm pretty sure he is one of the few heroes to be left untouched.
05/30/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Phirestar
According to the patch notes:
The increased speed from Ana’s Nano Boost made the ability feel unstoppable and forced Ana players to select targets that could really take advantage of the speed boost. Removing the speed boost means that Ana has a reason to apply Nano Boost to a larger variety of heroes, and enemies can fend off the attack more easily.
Basically, people never had a reason to boost anything besides Reaper or Reinhardt, because they could easily stomp through the map and wipe the enemy team, and were pretty much unstoppable.

People had a reason to boost McCree and that was because it made his mosey hilarious.