Master in bronze?

General Discussion
http://imgur.com/a/FjB18 what is this?
Thats some solid deranking.
This guy should be banned, straight up.
Is this bad luck? Or deranking on purpose? If the latter, why would anyone want to derank?
05/20/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Mercy
Is this bad luck? Or deranking on purpose? If the latter, why would anyone want to derank?

To beat up on lower skilled players.
05/20/2017 10:00 AMPosted by inkblowout
This guy should be banned, straight up.

I reported him, we'll see what happens.
05/20/2017 10:05 AMPosted by idSurge

Or carry people to higher SR for a real world fee.
05/20/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Sallian
05/20/2017 10:05 AMPosted by idSurge

Or carry people to higher SR for a real world fee.

Ah yes, good call.
to destroy lower level players and to get better stats

This is purposeful deranking. The guy got to the rank he was by playing like a god. Then he purposefully threw games for some stupid reason or exploit that the rest of the community has yet to figure out.
Im thinking the motivation stems from the fact that if he plays like a god the next season he will achieve more rank and reward by climbing fast, instead of sitting in the rank he should have been in and playing with people his own skill, which would land him considerably fewer wins.
How many reports can you accumulate throwing every single game from Masters?

How did his account last that long to have even reached bronze?

I'd like a little more insight on how accounts are reviewed. That's just sad
05/20/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Ambulance

I'd say a lot of people don't even bother reporting because they never see Blizzard take action. He problably received much less reports than we'd like him to have received.
Either purposeful derank or got boosted to masters

So it works like this, player fills out report, player feels justified, Blizzard ignores report.
05/20/2017 10:16 AMPosted by Kawagima

I'd say a lot of people don't even bother reporting because they never see Blizzard take action. He problably received much less reports than we'd like him to have received.

This. The report function is a joke, and until its fixed or addressed, most people are not even going to think to use it. I remember reading a blue post where they explained a bit on how it works, and basically what they said was that 'if a certain player has a ton of reports racked up against them, the system bans/suspends/punishes them because it figures all those reports from different people targeting that 1 person must be valid. Therefore, people could be suspended or banned for wrongful reasons, they could be completely innocent, etc.

It hasn't ever been touched, its been this way since Launch. And if anyone remembers when all the triggerbots and hacks were running rampant, there were so many reports being made, not just for the hackers/abusers but for exploiters, trolls, etc, and these same people who reported these toxic players would see them 1-2 weeks later, still continuing in their ways.

So yeah, no one really believes in it anymore.
That's someone who has ruined countless games for countless people who deserves to be banned for the entirety of the next season. I have run into people like this a lot recently and it really makes me want to quit competitive, it's not healthy for the game and it's not something Blizzard should just ignore, it will drive people away from the game eventually.
I've been seeing a lot of blatant throwers in gold lately. !@#$ really gets me rustled, join a game and just have a two stack of hanzo and widow laughing and trolling in team chat. There needs to be some kind of way to stop this crap.

No matter how bad your luck is... I don't think this is possible.
Oh this !@#$%^-? Yeah he's the one who said he's shove his !%@#@@*% in my eye...lol *!@# that man.
05/20/2017 10:28 AMPosted by Deventh

No matter how bad your luck is... I don't think this is possible.

Yeah... I mean, I had my fair share of tough luck, but I never dropped over 2 brackets. In fact I stick around Gold most of the time while sometimes dropping to Silver or rising to Platinum.

There is just no way that a player who is this much better than the oposition lost all his games... He clearly threw to be there.