30 million players...

General Discussion
But the matchmaking cant get 12 people to make a match?
Remember not everyone is playing all the time and those accounts are spread between all the server regions and platforms. Plus some of those are multiple accounts, meaning one person owns them.
I am kinda tired seeing the same baddies every game or even 2 days in a row sometimes.
05/22/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Atoli
Remember not everyone is playing all the time and those accounts are spread between all the server regions and platforms. Plus some of those are multiple accounts, meaning one person owns them.

There should be still a lot of ppl playing regardless.
05/22/2017 04:25 PMPosted by HANA
I am kinda tired seeing the same baddies every game or even 2 days in a row sometimes.
05/22/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Atoli

There should be still a lot of ppl playing regardless.

I don't disagree with you on that but the argument about using the overall numbers is silly. I think I'm lucky in not encountering the same players day after day but I think it comes from playing regularly with people from different areas of the country so we end up in different lobbies.
There are a few reasons you might be experiencing slow matchmaking. If you are very highly skilled, it will take the matchmaker a longer time to find you a match because it is looking for other highly skilled players to match you with. If you're playing in off-peak hours in a smaller region it can cause slow downs. If you're playing a less popular game mode, it can take longer.

Without more information about your particular situation, it's difficult for us to deduce why you're having a hard time finding a match.

I'm looking at the average queue times across all regions and all platforms right now and every one of them is below 60 seconds. The longest queue times I am seeing are on console in Competitive Play, but even those are averaging less than 60 seconds.
05/22/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
There are a few reasons you might be experiencing slow matchmaking. If you are very highly skilled, it will take the matchmaker a longer time to find you a match because it is looking for other highly skilled players to match you with. If you're playing in off-peak hours in a smaller region it can cause slow downs. If you're playing a less popular game mode, it can take longer.

Without more information about your particular situation, it's difficult for us to deduce why you're having a hard time finding a match.

I'm looking at the average queue times across all regions and all platforms right now and every one of them is below 60 seconds. The longest queue times I am seeing are on console in Competitive Play, but even those are averaging less than 60 seconds.

We know papi, tis but a joke <3
Those are average queue times from 5/8-today.
Papa Jeph smackdown :)
Wait, is this deja vu? Didn't Jeff answer with the exact words over the weekend?
Here comes the wave
Get Blizzard Blue-posted fam

Wow maybe you need to smurf fam?
First blue post I've seen in a while, and it's not on a topic that actually deserves feedback. I get this is a quick thing to resolve, but I think the forums could have handled this one.

Obviously not asking for a response on any and every topic that threatens to uninstall unless their favorite hero gets buffed though.
05/22/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Do you know the average queue times for each rank? Like bronze, silver, gold masters etc. I'm guessing gold-platinum have the fastest queue times.
lol I love how stupid topics like these get a blue response but the good suggestions I read go seemingly unnoticed.
This gets a blue post but I can't get help in technical support for these incessant FPS drops.
05/22/2017 04:31 PMPosted by TheWidow27

Do you know the average queue times for each rank? Like bronze, silver, gold masters etc. I'm guessing gold-platinum have the fastest queue times.

That would be pretty interesting to know, Jeff please!
05/22/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

im not high skilled Jeff and i play on QP only, and i have to wait 2 to 4 minutes to enter in a match that is about to end and i have to play against the same people ive just played before
Thanks for that data. That said, may I ask:

When we are waiting for 1-2 mins for a match, then get placed in a game "Waiting for players" then bumped out to the queue for another 1-2 mins and then placed in "Skirmish", and so on, in Quick Play, that's the matchmaker trying to get equally higher level skilled players to be matched?