I cant be the only one who likes the new skins?

General Discussion
I just want to be sure that not everyone feels that its the end of this game and that Jeff and the devs have lost their way. I know some other posts on here do say that but let me be honest, some people are genuinely happy with the game's current state, sure the bastion buff was a mistake but thats the only complaint ive had with this game since I got it.

I love the creativity of the new skins! They add some extra pop to these heroes.
Soldier looks like a futuristic cyborg, bastion looks like a race car and zarya a giant power ranger. Its nice to have some non-canon "what if" type skins and I am glad that theyre exploring this direction.

However the pharah skin was not fair to pharah mains like myself. Its a cop out and after waiting so long for a legendary for her, im seriously dissapointed. We spent so long waiting, wondering what shes going to have next but what do we get? Raindancer with a headscarf thats covered up anyway.

Still its not the end of the world, blizz have given us some great experiences that no other game has, they slip up and make mistakes, just like the rest of us but I promise you that they will redeem themselves with the next event skins.

I love collecting skins and would gladly grind/buy these skins
Yea I can agree that the Pharah skin is the only weak one from the 4 but honestly all the hate is coming from toxic adults or little kids.
I pretty much like them.
They aren't what I was expecting to see, and that's a good thing.

They're different. People are complaining because they NEED the HotS skins. That aren't that good actually.
I love Zarya and Bastion skins, not a huge fan of Pharah or Soldier tbh
I like them all so far but nobody was expecting them and are upset as a result.

That's what you get for making your standards ridiculously high though.
My two favourites from the four shown were Bastions and Pharahs.
Bastion has been lacking any new shapes beyond changes done for the birds, and the anniversary variant makes me think his ult. will turn into an RC car in appearance and sound.
Pharah's skin looks like a nicer alternative to her Raindancer skin, instead with her Egyptian heritage being shown off
The people actually putting effort into complaining so hard about free event skins have a lot of growth to do before they make it in the real world. lol
I like them. Yes, they're strange, but I still like them. Pharah, Soldier, and Zarya needed better skins. I'm also happy Bastion finally didn't get a re-color for a skin this time.
I mean Zaryas skin got me hyped. I don't even like Thundergaurd from HoTS.

I guess the only one that isn't "out there" is pharah as her skin seems like a redesign of her classic, which I'm honestly fine with.
i love the skins so much.
I like Soldiers new skin and i'm leaning towards being favorable to Pharahs skin(although I dislike the wings) and I think Zarya's skin is alright.
05/19/2017 07:39 AMPosted by Winslow
Yea I can agree that the Pharah skin is the only weak one from the 4 but honestly all the hate is coming from toxic adults or little kids.

"All the hate is coming from toxic adults or little kids."

Sorry but how is this specific comment not extremely toxic in itself? I don't really like the new skins except the Bastion one but nowhere have I been annoying, rude or entitled about it. And with me there are countless others who just A: voice their dissapointment in a rational and calm way in a single post or B: are silent about it and continue playing the game. I don't like the people making 4000 posts a minute about how ugly the new skins are either but come-on. There are plenty of rational and calm people out there whom are just dissapointed with the way these skins turned out and aren't crybabies about it. Don't disregard their opinions because a screaming minority is acting like a giant #@%%%*%@.
Yup. I was thinking when I saw them 'Oh there's no way the community will hate these'. I was hella wrong.

I myself, enjoy them quite a bit. Especially the Zarya/Soldier.
You're not. I think they're cool.
Bastion looks like he's part car (he has tires in him), so I think his ult will have him turn into a buggy or something when he ults.

Soldier looks like something out of Deus Ex. Like a mix between Adam Jensen and Jaron Namir for those who have played the games.

Zarya's I actually loved the most because it hits me with the same vibe that the Mechaqueen Pharah skin does. It's that Japanese sort of mech look like a Power Ranger Megazord or something.

As for Pharah, she's my main, but honestly the skin didn't strike with me. It's not bad by any sense, but I love her Mechaskin and even her Origin skin more. It's nice to see them exploring her mothers background though. Thematically I like it.

The thing that actually gets me most about these skins is that people are acting like these are the only skins these heroes will ever be getting. Like this was their one opportunity and Blizzard screwed them or something. There will be other events. There will be more skins. If you don't like it, that's fine. But this kind of pants !@#$ting rage? Seriously?
I like only 2/4. But did they fired the old artist? They look like children skins because the color and design. I would like other themed skins more. I hope the other skins look better.
They look like they dont suits in the game. Because they are so cartoon like.
Other skins look more "realistic". Just look at zaryas Skin. It looks like from a complete different game.
Nah, dude, these forums are just where a very loud, whiny vocal minority of the player base comes to spew their hate and vitriol. New skins are cool.
It's weird, everyone who likes them likes different ones. I like Bastion and Soldier, am indifferent to Phara, and am just confused as to why Zarya looks like a power ranger. Others hate the Soldier skin... which I don't understand.
05/19/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Kampffrosch
Just look at zaryas Skin. It looks like from a complete different game.
like maybe... ARMS?
http://anoncraft.com/arms-spring-man-nintendo-switch-game-1061/
05/19/2017 08:02 AMPosted by SkillfulHaxx
05/19/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Kampffrosch
Just look at zaryas Skin. It looks like from a complete different game.
like maybe... ARMS?
http://anoncraft.com/arms-spring-man-nintendo-switch-game-1061/
eyy lmao
The four I've seen look fine.

I'm not sure what the babies were expecting, but at least they had a good cry.