1.11 PTR is coming to a close

General Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
Hey folks, thanks for your feedback on the 1.11 PTR. We're preparing to close it down shortly, and the PTR Bug Report forums will also close at that time.

If you have additional feedback to share, please use the normal Bug Report forums or General Discussion.

Thanks!
NERF MERCY
Highly Rated
Ah, so no planned reverts, eh?

Barrier watch here we come.

The above is hyperbolic, but I do wonder why Orisa's damage was nerfed when I still haven't seen much complaint about it. In fact, with the damage nerf, won't it be more difficult to charge her already slow ult?

I did posit the question "Does PTR Player Feedback matter much to Blizzard?" earlier this morning with this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754715403?page=1

Here's a blue post from Jeff that I also included in the thread OP:

01/06/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
To answer the original title's question:

No the sky is not falling.

0.26% of Overwatch players have tested these changes on the PTR.

The average playtime on the PTR (including sitting in menus etc.) this week is 26 minutes.

I encourage people to log in and try these changes for a few nights -- not one anecdotal match -- and see how you feel about them by formulating your own opinion.

With such an apparently small number of people playing the PTR, does the feedback from those who do receive higher attention than those who don't?

We've seen very few reverts to changes before PTRs go live in the history of Overwatch, so I'm interested in how that goes about if anyone will indulge me.

Edit: I suppose I'll also include the developer video on PTR Philosophy in which Jeff states the main reason for the PTR.

https://youtu.be/ibPLyx8QWYc?t=14s
Highly Rated
RIP Reaper 2016-2016
Highly Rated
05/10/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks, thanks for your feedback on the 1.11 PTR. We're preparing to close it down shortly, and the PTR Bug Report forums will also close at that time.

If you have additional feedback to share, please use the normal [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813881/"]Bug Report[/url] forums or [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813879/"]General Discussion[/url].

Thanks!
I am honestly shocked that this thread isn't locked and is on General Discussion.
Highly Rated
05/10/2017 02:59 PMPosted by spidey271
NERF MERCY

No thanks.
Any ETA on when it'll open again? Or is the going to remain closed until the patch gets released live?
Highly Rated
Efi will not be happy about this.

:(
05/10/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Mercy
05/10/2017 02:59 PMPosted by spidey271
NERF MERCY

No thanks.

HAVE MERCY

Get it? I know Oizen is reading this so I'm just making a bad joke so he reads it.
Highly Rated
Here lies Orisa. She did too much damage.
05/10/2017 03:00 PMPosted by Frewdonist

Were we ever not there?
$20 million barely anything changes from ptr to live
Highly Rated
Thanks for the confirmation that constructive feedback means nothing.
Highly Rated
05/10/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Larzyn

To be fair, she was dead on arrival.

Wasn't seeing any play on release, sure won't now. Not with Dive being a thing.
You've improved Hanzo. Now improve Widow pretty please.
Highly Rated
05/10/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Larzyn

Reminder that Orisa had her damage dropped harder than S76 did his.

Of course she also was never given ult charge benefits so if you think Super charger never comes up now, just you wait.

They never consider ult charge, didn't for d.va's damage nerf, and sure as hell didn't for Lucio's healing and damage buff.
Highly Rated
So the PTR is going down so you guys can patch it with revised changes? Right?
05/10/2017 03:00 PMPosted by Frewdonist

Isn't that what people say every single time a barrier is added or buffed? Guess what, it never happens. Dive comps would be a pretty strong counter, anyway.
Wait so are the changes going live today, tonight, or tomorrow?
05/10/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Cerebrum123
Thanks for the confirmation that constructive feedback means nothing.

You say that while virtually nobody provided constructive, numbers-based feedback. Plus a minority actually plays on the PTR, so they don't have a big enough pool of data to make any meaningful changes before it hits live; why do you think we get rebalance patches after a PTR update goes live?