Why is everyone Dissing The New Skins?

General Discussion
I think the skins look pretty good and most of all it's FREE!
Ungrateful kids..ain't like you can do better.
Because the Bastion looks like a deformed nerf gun, Soldier looks like a generic cyborg with assets stolen from Blackwatch Genji, but with weird messed up feet. Pharah looks like a puffy recolor, and the only thing I'm reminded of there is a blue stay puff marhmallow man. Zarya looks like a Power Rangers knockoff, and not one of the Power Rangers themselves, but one of the villains. Not a cool one either, but one of the dumb ones like the guy who licked people and turned them into stamps.
Because they are not free. Free would mean we get it without trying our luck in the game of luck called RNG to open them. Because they suck anyway, so I'd rather open a normal loot box than this.
05/19/2017 07:22 AMPosted by I964
and most of all it's FREE!

You know what else is free? Zarya's goth skin!!!
But seriously, this skins are not very good IMO... Don't get me wrong, I'm gratefull to Blizzard for all the cosmetics and things they gave us but... to me this skins are below average compared to others seasonal skins
Sorry for my bad english btw. The forums on my language suck
Kids will be kids.
Zarya looks like Springman from Nintendo's ARMS. Don't know what it is? Look up "Springman ARMS". Compare.
I like the skins.
I actually could do better, much better.
The funny thing about the like you can do better line is ive seen like 5 fan made skins pop up today for pharah that are 10x better then the one we gettin.
I really dig the skins. Even if majority people hate the skins (which shouldn't be the case), its not going to affect me.
I think the skins look pretty good

There are people who like them, and that's fine. They're not the style nor the quality that the majority of players like or expected though.

and most of all it's FREE!

Nope. Blizzard expects to sell loot boxes with this. They were funded with loot boxes from other events. People who play the game and never touch loot boxes at all help to fund it. Because the more people who don't buy loot boxes play, the better and more varied experience people who do buy loot boxes have.

They're a saleable commodity and created to be so. There's nothing wrong with that, but it is what they are. They're about as 'free' as the 'free' sample of lime vodka that came with the bottle of regular vodka I bought.

I think you mean "ungrateful customers" which is what everyone who plays the game is. But calling somebody a customer tends to take away the power of insulting them. Consumers having free will and businesses being dependent on the spending of the discretionary income and all....

Also, yes. A LOT of customers could've done better. Have you seen the thousands (if not millions by now) of fan designed skins out there? Have you seen the overwhelmingly positive response a lot of those skins get?

Have you seen the overwhelmingly positive response the Uprising skins got? Consumers give their opinions - whether good or bad. Did you make a post complaining about people loving the Uprising skins with the same amount of passion? No? Why not?
when did zarya become a budget power ranger or one of those robots from japan? the theme of the skin is off and weird looking.
05/19/2017 07:28 AMPosted by Deventh
Because they are not free. Free would mean we get it without trying our luck in the game of luck called RNG to open them. Because they suck anyway, so I'd rather open a normal loot box than this.
Sure they aren't free. You have to buy the base game to get them. /s

But really, prove that you can only get these skins by spending money. Once you can do that then I will support your comment. Until then it's 100% false. Stop spreading false information.
05/19/2017 07:54 AMPosted by Krojack
But really, prove that you can only get these skins by spending money. Once you can do that then I will support your comment. Until then it's 100% false. Stop spreading false information.

Basic economics:

Customers that elect not to purchase your items are just as valuable as customers that do provided that they speak about the product to their friends or otherwise provide support for the purchasing of items. Word of mouth support is the most valuable form of advertisement known because it is inherently the most trustworthy.

Say you grind out loot boxes to get everything in the game. Which was doable for Uprising as there was a large gap between Year of the Rooster and Uprising, so you could bank credits. Less feasible with this event.

By playing the game, you are providing a more varied game experience for people who do need to purchase loot boxes to get what they want. By giving them good matches, you increase the value of the game to them. These people will in turn be more tempted to buy loot boxes to obtain cosmetics.

The people who need to buy loot boxes for desired items are what is called the 'target market' for a company like Blizzard. They pay for loot boxes, make Blizzard money, and in turn Blizzard makes more skins.

People who do not purchase loot boxes are NOT the target market for Blizzard. If you buy some, great. But you're not the target for their sales. They know people who play a lot have banked up credits. They provide consumer value in other ways.
removed
I think the skins look pretty good and most of all it's FREE!

So because it's free.. people shouldn't comment that they disapprove of the art direction?

You do realize many people don't have the currency or the time to play the game to get skins like these on events so they buy lootboxes, which means it isn't free for people unless you play alot (I play alot I'm just clarifying for the OP).

Also, HOTS has better skins hands down still for Zarya and the new soldier and pharrah are definitely not what people want.
Maybe that are the skins that everyone gets as a gift. That would explain everything. :D
05/19/2017 07:25 AMPosted by Cerebrum123
Soldier looks like a generic cyborg with assets stolen from Blackwatch Genji

I hope that is the point. Like in League of Legends they have skin theme sets.

Battlecast = 'Hero is demon like'
Project Skin = 'Hero is rebuilt a cyborg'
Arcade Skin = 'Hero has 8 bit video game theme'
Pulse Fire Skin = 'Future with lazer'
Pool Party skin = 'Hero if they were at pool party'

ect ect

I think it would be cool if the black watch skins meant it was a blown up version of the hero that was repaired using technology in
I seem to be the odd-man out but I overall like the skins. I dislike the headwear for Phara and the overall body armor looks weird and all rounded, the scarf is cool tho.

S76, I like the skin and the colors It looks very futuristic-cyborgy/android and the prosthetic limps are cool, I can understand why some people say that It reminds them of COD but whatever.

Zarya, It's sooo close to being a really fantastic skin but the mask really brings it down. I still like the colors and the armor plates but It is what it Is (I am aware of the many cool looking HOTS skins she has)

Bastion, Looks like a transformer and the bird looks dope.
Because people like to complain about everything. They are never happy.